The SWAC West is Crazy

*Sigh* we got the win on famu… end of discussion... pb we had a new qb in the game … mvsu we got up and coasted so we could stay injury free... Let me be clear.... SOUTHERN, YALL BEAT PV BECAUSE CLEARLY THEY DIDN'T GAME PLAN FOR THE NEW QB …. OTHERS HAVE TIME TO GAME PLAN you all are not guaranteed anything.

Ok, breh.

They didn't game plan for the QB, yall will game plan just like yall game planned for other SU QBs that thrashed yall defense.

Got it breh.

As these coaches in this league can stop anybody smh Lol. Ok breh.

AAMU should have beat yall, we should have beat them. You see how that works? It's ALOT of football left and too many big games to determine is all i'm saying. No team right now is secure
How should JSU have beat us... you had 9 first downs the entire game ! We SHOULD have beat you to sleep!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
southern's defense ain't no different than it was against Alcorn. They just matched up well with PV on that particular day. Don't let Odom's defense fool yall into thinking they're good.
Odoms even fooled himself by saying what he said about his defense during the teleconference.

And you do realize Alcorn only scored one offensive TD in that game? It was 10-3 at halftime. The last FG was after the game was decided and SU had turned the ball over yet again. So basically our offense is what sucked against Alcorn. Defense did enough for SU to be in that game.

You aint see the game. So you just speculating. I was there. These A&T cats calling our defense have gotten some guys to fit their scheme. Oh yeah you forgot Worm added some Broadway assistants last year. So kill the noise and hope Hughes can finally win against SU. Which he will not. N. Alabama will beat you this weekend while you worried about Odums. LOL. I am more worried about TxSU and PB than JSU. Our team has no problem getting up for JSU. Even Stump's teams scared the shit out of better JSU teams in those games.

And you do realize Alcorn only scored one offensive TD in that game? It was 10-3 at halftime. The last FG was after the game was decided and SU had turned the ball over yet again. So basically our offense is what sucked against Alcorn. Defense did enough for SU to be in that game.

You aint see the game. So you just speculating. I was there. These A&T cats calling our defense have gotten some guys to fit their scheme. Oh yeah you forgot Worm added some Broadway assistants last year. So kill the noise and hope Hughes can finally win against SU. Which he will not. N. Alabama will beat you this weekend while you worried about Odums. LOL. I am more worried about TxSU and PB than JSU. Our team has no problem getting up for JSU. Even Stump's teams scared the shit out of better JSU teams in those games.

They’re always worried about what SU doing.

Correction, it was 3-0 at halftime. Alcorn didn't score their first touchdown until after halftime. SU's defense played well. The offense was the problem. I think we might have solved our problems on offense. As I stated before, the tempo of an offense all hinges on the quarterback. LSU basically has had the same problem over the years and a lot of their skill players ( running backs and receivers) become top NFL players in their position.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401030457

Correction, it was 3-0 at halftime. Alcorn didn't score their first touchdown until after halftime. SU's defense played well. The offense was the problem. I think we might have solved our problems on offense. As I stated before, the tempo of an offense all hinges on the quarterback. LSU basically has had the same problem over the years and a lot of their skill players ( running backs and receivers) become top NFL players in their position.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401030457

That's right. It was 0-0 for a long damn time.

I want to say this to Southern. I am proud of yall win over Prairie View and I picked yall to beat Prairie View. However yall did have the element of surprise. Alcorn went though that. You remember the 2015 game against Alcorn. The game yall lost 48-7 in the rain. John Gibbs got hurt and yall got introduced to Lenorris Footman. The QB who ran for over 200 yards on yall. He had a great day against Southern then turned around and lost to Prairie View at home. I do think that yall have found a great QB but coaches with a good defense will scheme for him.

How should JSU have beat us... you had 9 first downs the entire game ! We SHOULD have beat you to sleep!
You had 300 penalties. Ponder missing wide open throws for Touchdowns. First half we should have been up 28-0 no bullshit. I’m past it now. Long as Hayes can make throws and the defense keep playing then I’m good.

I want to say this to Southern. I am proud of yall win over Prairie View and I picked yall to beat Prairie View. However yall did have the element of surprise. Alcorn went though that. You remember the 2015 game against Alcorn. The game yall lost 48-7 in the rain. John Gibbs got hurt and yall got introduced to Lenorris Footman. The QB who ran for over 200 yards on yall. He had a great day against Southern then turned around and lost to Prairie View at home. I do think that yall have found a great QB but coaches with a good defense will scheme for him.

Hell, honestly we couldn't stop Gibbs either. LOL. Until SU just knuckles up and get over the Alcorn hex. We struggle against the Braves. It's mental at this point. Next's year team will have to come to Lorman with the mindset of we kicking ass. I think part of PV's problem was their mindset against SU and Big Worm. He owns them. Every since he went to PV and their old stadium with a Fr Qb (Austin Howard) and missing a bunch of players to not yet being cleared through compliance and just ran our RBs down their throat. They have been shook. Actually it was the comeback with Dray Joseph the year before that set that we don't lose to PV no more tone. LOL. Odums is 5-1 vs PV. And that one loss was questionable. He had that one won too if he had ran the right plays in the red zone.

By the way, even with the element of surprise. Footman still got yall to the SCG. It takes more than one game to really grasp what a player can do or not do. Like I said in another post. It will be NEXT season before the NFL coaches will be able to scheme for Mahomes at KC. You need multiple games to get the tendencies of a QB. Folks schemed for Tillery and never stopped him. Even Gram in beating us couldn't stop Lenard. Good players going to find a way to get around defensive schemes against them. Plus you got to have the Jimmies and Joes to stop a Skelton type QB.

"Next's year team will have to come to Lorman with the mindset of we kicking ass."

@JR we can't wait until next year. We could very well see Alcorn in B'ham this year.

"Next's year team will have to come to Lorman with the mindset of we kicking ass."

@JR we can't wait until next year. We could very well see Alcorn in B'ham this year.

Can't wait, as I stated, if we stay focused and our coaches go into these games out-coaching these sad ass coaches, nobody will beat SU this year, next year or the year after next. IMO.

SU sees Alcorn again, SU wins by 2 TDs

Can't wait, as I stated, if we stay focused and our coaches go into these games out-coaching these sad ass coaches, nobody will beat SU this year, next year or the year after next. IMO.

Huh? What? If the coaches from the other teams are "sad ass coaches" what does that say about Odums. Are you calling him a "sad ass" coach?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just a couple games ago, yall wanted Odoms gone. Now yall acting like he's the best coach in HBCU history.

Who said that. His seat still warm whether it's fair or not. There have always been a SU faction they did not want Big Worm. Personally, I like Coach Odums and rooting for him to do well on the Bluff. He has done a great job considering what he inherited. But winning that 2013 title and then getting back the next year with a True Freshman QB set the expectations of him and the team to another level. Folks were already spoiled by Pete's success. If anything a lot of his doubters just got more angry he didn't start Skelton weeks ago. So it is what it is. SU has fans that are just as fickle as the next fan base. Nothing new. As Casem so eloquently spoke all the time. "It's Tuff on the Bluff"

Who said that. His seat still warm whether it's fair or not. There have always been a SU faction they did not want Big Worm. Personally, I like Coach Odums and rooting for him to do well on the Bluff. He has done a great job considering what he inherited. But winning that 2013 title and then getting back the next year with a True Freshman QB set the expectations of him and the team to another level. Folks were already spoiled by Pete's success. If anything a lot of his doubters just got more angry he didn't start Skelton weeks ago. So it is what it is. SU has fans that are just as fickle as the next fan base. Nothing new. As Casem so eloquently spoke all the time. "It's Tuff on the Bluff"

I think jayrob is confused when we tell them that Coach Odums owns JSU. Owning a team and being the best HBCU coach are two different things.

Last edited:
Just like the way ya'll think now that Hughes is the best coach from the SEC.

lets be clear..... he's good as gone regardless nobody out here hollering about him being "the best coach anything" …. we enjoying the wave until he do some stupid shit.....

Back