The SWAC West is Crazy

southern's defense ain't no different than it was against Alcorn. They just matched up well with PV on that particular day. Don't let Odom's defense fool yall into thinking they're good.

I guess you didn't see our game against Alcorn. The defense didn't do too bad. They actually held Alcorn to 3 points in the first half of the game. It was our offense and special teams that couldn't get anything done. They kept putting our defense in poor field position. Alcorn didn't get its first touchdown until the third quarter. All we are saying, now our offense is beginning to step up to compliment our defense. IMO, the change in the QB position was the key. The kid is helluva talented.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't see our game against Alcorn. The defense didn't do too bad. They actually held Alcorn to 3 points in the first half of the game. It was our offense and special teams that couldn't get anything done. They kept putting our defense in poor field position. Alcorn didn't get it first touchdown until the third quarter. All we are saying, now our offense is beginning to step up to compliment our defense. IMO, the change in the QB position was the key. The kid is helluva talented.
After one game you detected all of that? One game is not a good gauge of football knowledge.

If he played during the Alcorn game, he didn't do too well.

I'm glad you ssid IF. The QB position is so vital because thst position sets the tempo for the entire offense. If the QB is off, the entire offense off. I'm sure you have realized that by now.

I hate to argue with such a distinguished lady, but I'll see your Valley, A&M, & TXSouthern (all teams that we have beaten), and I'll raise you Grambling, PV, and JSU. We absolutely have the toughest go of it.

I don't think you and I could ever argue; we're 2 intelligent people engaging in an intelligent conversation.

Alcorn may have "the toughest go of it" (I don't see it that way), but at least the Braves have been competitive. I hate this 7-game mandate, because I'm having a hard time keeping up with the Braves and the Hornets. So, I haven't been able to put my eyes on the Braves for the past 2 years; I'm only going by what's posted on the Forums.

My Golden Lions are still stuck in a slump. We've had a quite a bit of injuries, but that's no excuse for our slowness and inconsistency. We have to get better at a fast start in scoring and stop giving up so many yards. We played very well against Morehouse despite having 3 defensive starters out. We put up 55 points on NAIA CU-TN, but turned around and crapped out in South Dakota. We rolled over for Prairie View and just showed up in Miami against FIU, but turned around and took it down to 1:11 with JSU with a 3pt loss. And just when we've finally got our defense up to where our offense is, we have a bye week. That's happened too many times in the past and it's beyond old. We can't keep this up, especially against our Western brethren.

southern's defense ain't no different than it was against Alcorn. They just matched up well with PV on that particular day. Don't let Odom's defense fool yall into thinking they're good.
Odoms even fooled himself by saying what he said about his defense during the teleconference.
Our defense played Great against Alcorn. Forced 3 or 4 Turnovers, limited alcorn’s offense. Alcorn didn’t score a offensive TD until our d got worn down from being on the field all game.

You right. Fair weather folks coming out the woodworks I ain't seen in weeks. Now they showing up like they've been here all along, including that dezjaguar dude.
He BEEN missing in action until last Saturday.
Now he's trying to make like he's been here all along. LOL!!
You love me don't you? Lol

eerrhhh.....You might want to go to the SMACK Board and see some of JROCK's pre-game work....LMAO!!!

You were dam near the only one....There are plenty of others coming out of the shed now.

Lol @ these PV posters smh.

Man yall riding a losing streak against SU, at home might I add, when was the last time yall beat Odums?? what 3 or 4 years?? Man stop it with the silly nonsense.

Odums own you dudes LMAOO and that's sad

Here's another one coming out talking. Never heard a word out of him these last few weeks.

Need to discuss how the SWAC did y'all a favor with a bye before us and before Alcorn. lol

I did most of my talking in the Facebook groups. lol

The Swac didn't do us any favors. We played a game during zero week, so we basically played early but still can only play 11 games. No one talked about the this so call favor when we were on the road for 6 straight weeks.

Us fans being overconfident has no effect on the team. You acting like JR, Jag89, PsychoJag, and I are suiting up and playing on the field or in team meetings creating gameplans. lol

The fans attitude can wear off on the team at times. Especially after a big win against pv… ask a&t what happens when you get too confident (players) ……

You were dam near the only one....There are plenty of others coming out of the shed now.

Here's another one coming out talking. Never heard a word out of him these last few weeks.

The Swac didn't do us any favors. We played a game during zero week, so we basically played early but still can only play 11 games. No one talked about the this so call favor when we were on the road for 6 straight weeks.

I love how you like to lie to fit the made up narrative you created. I could have sworn I stated how yall never beat SU in yall own stadium in the thread pant started, but maybe it was all a dream.

I'll let you have that narrative you just created though.

The fans attitude can wear off on the team at times. Especially after a big win against pv… ask a&t what happens when you get too confident (players) ……

Let's look at this way, PV hadn't beaten SU in the last 3 or 4 years, so is it really a big win??

Let's look at this way, PV hadn't beaten SU in the last 3 or 4 years, so is it really a big win??
We've beaten PV 5 out of the last 6 years. Remember Bighead, who you talking to and what school they represent. PV might be the measuring stick to them because they haven't beaten them in years.

TBH the entire SWAC is open right now, east and west. With a lot of big games coming up a lot of shifting can happen. A couple loses here and there and i don't know who will be in Birmingham. These next 3 weeks will paint a clearer picture. I honestly don't see not one team that stands out besides Alcorn having the number 4 overall defense in FCS football.

TBH the entire SWAC is open right now, east and west. With a lot of big games coming up a lot of shifting can happen. A couple loses here and there and i don't know who will be in Birmingham. These next 3 weeks will paint a clearer picture. I honestly don't see not one team that stands out besides Alcorn having the number 4 overall defense in FCS football.

Who have yall beaten breh? No smack, but a serious question. I just looked at yall scheduled and yall beat nobody, lost to 3 to PB and yall beat Valley, FAMU should have won, so do you really think yall will win this thing?? Do you really think your team that you've seen could run the table?

Who have yall beaten breh? No smack, but a serious question. I just looked at yall scheduled and yall beat nobody, lost to 3 to PB and yall beat Valley, FAMU should have won, so do you really think yall will win this thing?? Do you really think your team that you've seen could run the table?

I think you missing the point everybody is making, which is anything can happen and nobody is safe. It’s not about whether or not we think we can beat anyone or run the table. Wins have happened that folks didn’t think would and here we are. SU is the only school beating their chest at this point in time while everyone else has a “wait and see” attitude.

I think you missing the point everybody is making, which is anything can happen and nobody is safe. It’s not about whether or not we think we can beat anyone or run the table. Wins have happened that folks didn’t think would and here we are. SU is the only school beating their chest at this point in time while everyone else has a “wait and see” attitude.

Lol.

Beating their chest? But wasn't that shut-out a ripple a affect of SU letting the SWAC know that this team may not lose again (ever)??

Breh, we shut them dudes out, when was the last time PV, a high powered offense like that has been shut-out?? Even their FBS opponents didn't goose egg them.

I think the other "wait and see" crowd, sees SU as the bigger and best team and now they are "waiting and seeing" how they will perform on Saturday. All Eyes are on Us LOL

It only became a "wait and see" game with SU putting their foot in PV ass last Saturday. I don't see it as a "wait and see" it's more of a "wait and see" how SU will play on Saturday and see if they are the real deal.

I can feel that energy Lol

AAMU should have beat yall, we should have beat them. You see how that works? It's ALOT of football left and too many big games to determine is all i'm saying. No team right now is secure

AAMU should have beat yall, we should have beat them. You see how that works? It's ALOT of football left and too many big games to determine is all i'm saying. No team right now is secure

How should have they beaten us, when we walked them down??

Lol.

Beating their chest? But wasn't that shut-out a ripple a affect of SU letting the SWAC know that this team may not lose again (ever)??

Breh, we shut them dudes out, when was the last time PV, a high powered offense like that has been shut-out?? Even their FBS opponents didn't goose egg them.

I think the other "wait and see" crowd, sees SU as the bigger and best team and now they are "waiting and seeing" how they will perform on Saturday. All Eyes are on Us LOL

It only became a "wait and see" game with SU putting their foot in PV ass last Saturday. I don't see it as a "wait and see" it's more of a "wait and see" how SU will play on Saturday and see if they are the real deal.

I can feel that energy Lol

Speak for yourself. Just because you seem to believe all the bs you type doesn’t make it true. Everyone had a wait and see attitude the other week when Bama St beat Alcorn as well. This ain’t new. Check the threads and see. Ain’t not one school in the SWAC got they eyes solely on SU. Everyone needs to be watching out for everyone this year. SU ain’t no better than anyone else at this point.

*Sigh* we got the win on famu… end of discussion... pb we had a new qb in the game … mvsu we got up and coasted so we could stay injury free... Let me be clear.... SOUTHERN, YALL BEAT PV BECAUSE CLEARLY THEY DIDN'T GAME PLAN FOR THE NEW QB …. OTHERS HAVE TIME TO GAME PLAN you all are not guaranteed anything.

Back