SWAC Realignment 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think it makes our ADs look lazy if it's what the fans want. Now if PV plays AAMU or Valley, yeah THAT'S LAZY but if for some strange reason, there was a scenerio where GSU and PV ended up in different divisions, you think the game in Dallas should go away?

I am all for good schedules. I dont agree with playing FBS schools and the UVLs but nothing is wrong with scheduling a conference foe if that game will make money. If JSU can play SU, but chose to play Samford, that would just not be smart. The same applies when moving home games. If it makes sense to move a game, move it. If not, why are we moving them?
they will use this to hide from opponents on our level that fans would be interested in. our schools have shown they will do this. you'll get a fbs team that there is no expectation of beating or a dII or naia team that there is no doubt they'll win, but they will not schedule a competitive game under any circumstances.
We should strongly encourage conference members to schedule non-conference members to fill their schedule. Yes we need to make money, but you know who else makes money? Winners. Your fans will love you when your winning. That's why A&T isn't sweating leaving the meac right now. they're winning and as long as that continues their fans will show up because the only thing better than beating your rival is beating up on a pwi that thinks they're better than you.

Last edited:

Today the commish stated Valley, Alcorn or Jackson State could go to the West... He is forming a committee headed by Bama State AD.... Stated that geographically Alcorn is closer to the West.... but with the interstate system that Jackson is a quicker drive. After listening today, its up in the air... we will just have to wait and see.

Today the commish stated Valley, Alcorn or Jackson State could go to the West... He is forming a committee headed by Bama State AD.... Stated that geographically Alcorn is closer to the West.... but with the interstate system that Jackson is a quicker drive. After listening today, its up in the air... we will just have to wait and see.

US 61 has been completely four lanes from Southern to Alcorn since like the early 2000s. Other road improvements have improved travel times to Alcorn.

Probably the easiest thing to do is take three from the West and have them play three from the East ... then rotate another group of three after two years ...

Example

Southern, PV and UAPB would play FAMU, Alabama St and Jackson St in conference in 2021 and 2022 ...
Grambling, Valley and Texas Southern would play BCU, AAMU and Alcorn in 2021 and 2022
---
then Southern, PV and UAPB would play BCU, AAMU and Alcorn in conference in 2023 and 2024 ...
then Grambling, Valley and Texas Southern would play FAMU, Alabama St and Jackson St in conference in 2023 and 2024.
Makes sense!

However they do it we know that a team from Miss will be going to the West.

Now just to keep up with the 8 conference schedule and to make it balanced based on the divisions with 6 team each. You could play a 5-3 format with the 5 division games and 3 cross division games. Looking at it this way with 2 schools from each state and putting Ark & the other Ms school together, you play 1 school from each state for your 3 cross division games (alternating schools with home and away each year). To go further in balancing out the schedule you will still have 4 home and 4 away conference games. In year 21 three East Teams will host 3 East & 1 West team and go on the road to 2 East teams & 2 West teams but in year 22 they will host 2 East teams and 2 West teams and will visit 3 East teams & 1 West team. You continue alternating this type of schedule until each school has hosted everyone and visited everyone from the other division which should be at least 4 years.

Reactions: J C

If the Bama State AD is over it and she’s probably fuming on how strong the East got overnight - we all know Valley ain’t going lol They’ll send Jackson or Alcorn for sure lol. My money on Jackson just because it’s the stronger program overall

If Alcorn goes to the west, Bama State is guaranteed a east championship every year!

hope it happens

If the Bama State AD is over it and she’s probably fuming on how strong the East got overnight - we all know Valley ain’t going lol They’ll send Jackson or Alcorn for sure lol. My money on Jackson just because it’s the stronger program overall

I think he already knows who he’s moving from East to west. . He’s just making it look like Others are involved & their voices are heard.
Charles, just say who’s moving. Folks gone complain no matter what or who you say had input on the decision.

I think we should leave Alcorn in the East to balance off the football powers that be. If Alcoen stays put, FAMU and BCU won't be able to come right in and dominate the East. Without Alcorn, the Florida schools could control the East in football for the forseeable future. Moving JSU to the West might be the better and fairest option. Come on now, we all know that the BAMA schools, MVSU, and, of late, JSU, have been on the weak side in football. The Florida schools would dominate those schools for the next several years. We don't want to give fama any bragging rights at the outset!

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that Valley going west would be a better option. Seven hour trips to Houston every other year in football and every year in basketball and other sports vs eleven hour trips to Daytona Beach might be more financially beneficial for them.

One thing for sure if they follow protocol, neither BCU or FAMU will be eligible for a Swac Championship in 2021-22.

I think we should leave Alcorn in the East to balance off the football powers that be. If Alcoen stays put, FAMU and BCU won't be able to come right in and dominate the East. Without Alcorn, the Florida schools could control the East in football for the forseeable future. Moving JSU to the West might be the better and fairest option. Come on now, we all know that the BAMA schools, MVSU, and, of late, JSU, have been on the weak side in football. The Florida schools would dominate those schools for the next several years. We don't want to give fama any bragging rights at the outset!
Hmm jsu beat FAMU in the last 2 most recent meetings. So what are you talking about.

I'm starting to think that Valley going west would be a better option. Seven hour trips to Houston every other year in football and every year in basketball and other sports vs eleven hour trips to Daytona Beach might be more financially beneficial for them.

Alcorn has to make those same trips to Daytona (11 hours also) and to Houston/PV

It's not like there is some type of standard in place in which Valley can play Prairie View at home and play AT TxSU this year in football.

Alcorn has to make those same trips to Daytona (11 hours also) and to Houston/PV

It's not like there is some type of standard in place in which Valley can play Prairie View at home and play AT TxSU this year in football.

True, but I would be surprised if there's a push from both them and Jackson State to stay together in the same division for the sake of the Soul Bowl.

If Alcorn goes to the West, then each team can have two permanent cross divisional rivalries and rotate a new third team from the other division every two years. This could be an example of the permanent cross divisional matchups:

West Division:
SU - JSU/FAMU
Alcorn - JSU/MVSU
Grambling - BCU/AAMU
PVAMU - AAMU/FAMU
TSU - Bama State/BCU
UAPB - MVSU/Bama State

East Division:
AAMU - Grambling/PVAMU
Bama State - UAPB/TSU
FAMU - SU/PVAMU
JSU - Alcorn/SU
BCU - Grambling/TSU
MVSU - Alcorn/UAPB

If Alcorn goes to the West, then each team can have two permanent cross divisional rivalries and rotate a new third team from the other division every two years. This could be an example of the permanent cross divisional matchups:

West Division:
SU - JSU/FAMU
Alcorn - JSU/MVSU
Grambling - BCU/AAMU
PVAMU - AAMU/FAMU
TSU - Bama State/BCU
UAPB - MVSU/Bama State

East Division:
AAMU - Grambling/PVAMU
Bama State - UAPB/TSU
FAMU - SU/PVAMU
JSU - Alcorn/SU
BCU - Grambling/TSU
MVSU - Alcorn/UAPB

There isn't gonna be any permanent cross division rivals with a 8 game conference schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back