SWAC Realignment 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWAC East: AAMU, ASU, FAMU, JSU, MVSU
SWAC West: Alcorn (furthest west in MS), SU, GSU, UAPB, PVAM, TXSO

This creates an opportunity for the SWAC to go after one more eastern school without having to move another MS school to the west. Logical candidates would be Bethune, SCSU, TSU (long shot), or a GA school.
How about North and South. South is (FAMU, BC, Southern, Ala State, PV and TSU) and North (JSU, Alcorn,UAPB, AAMU, MV, and Grambling)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
FAMU & BCC were the main ones in the mix with this longstanding war...now they're over here with us.the mass exodus of Rattlers & Wildcats to this board for trash talk will be hilarious but it feels very surreal.
Man how things change along with people's attitudes. They never thought back then that the SWAC would have to bail them out

What's this obsession with a North/South alignment?

Some of y'all just don't like hitting up Google Maps, huh?

Some of y'all suggesting that FAMU and Bethune-Cookman to be in a division that would require them to travel damn near 1,000 miles to play Prairie View and Texas Southern every year?

Last edited:
This is about the dumbest ish Ive ever seen on this board.
It’s like when the Big 10 had Leaders & Legends divisions. N & S makes no sense at all. So if you’re FAMU in the East, we’ll have 8 conf games (4hm/4rd), 5 w/in division. You travel to Bama once, Miss. maybe once or twice, and depending on sched, one trip to Ark/TX. It’s all about making it fair for the Houston and FL schools.

why do you think this is a dumb idea, especially since your school is a SWAC want a be.
SWAC champs in 2006 & won/tied the east div 6x since 2006, Basketball champs in 2005, volleyball champs 2000-2005/2007-2010, won a bowling title or 2, and put 4-5 players in the NFL and 1 in the NBA since we joined in '99. We aint wanna bes no mo homie.

SWAC champs in 2006 & won/tied the east div 6x since 2006, Basketball champs in 2005, volleyball champs 2000-2005/2007-2010, won a bowling title or 2, and put 4-5 players in the NFL and 1 in the NBA since we joined in '99. We aint wanna bes no mo homie.
I’m sure y’all had enough of Grambling in the championship game. I didn’t realize y’all have been in 6 championship games. No wonder y’all don’t consider yourself to be on our level.

Yaw sir.....Oh, and pardon us if we don't washing our hands before dipin' in ya chip bowl. Wez raw like dat. Lol.....Naw man. It's an exciting time to be a Wil'cat these days. Seems like it will be a nice stay.... Good ole black folk southern hospitality. Again, we bring you greetings from the GREAT Bethune Cookman University!
Mhmmm JSU need to have a conversation with bcu real soon.... we ain’t forgot about Atlanta ... we gone give y’all a nice welcome on ova yonder ... welcome to the swac.

The SWAC commish on ESPN 105.9 didn't commit to which Mississippi team was moving to the West but stated that they would do the 2 permanent cross division rivals and 1 rotating (to save money for the FL and TX teams). Emphasis would be placed on distance over "competitve balance in football"

For basketball, it would still be "divisional" even without divisions. 5 teams in your "division" plus the 3 divisional games and the other teams you only play once a year

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The SWAC commish on ESPN 105.9 didn't commit to which Mississippi team was moving to the West but stated that they would do the 2 permanent cross division rivals and 1 rotating (to save money for the FL and TX teams). Emphasis would be placed on distance over "competitve balance in football"

For basketball, it would still be "divisional" even without divisions. 5 teams in your "division" plus the 3 divisional games and the other teams you only play once a year

Whatever schedule is decided on someone will be left with their feelings hurt.

Whatever schedule is decided on someone will be left with their feelings hurt.

I agree if there is no permanent cross division opponents

If there is, it really wouldn't matter who because if Alcorn moves to the West (which most presume), it's gonna be Valley and JSU. If it's Valley, it's gonna be JSU and Alcorn and same with JSU (Alcorn and Valley). Where it might get murky is if the schools can't choose their 2 permanents but the commish said he wants to keep rivalries in tact

I agree if there is no permanent cross division opponents

If there is, it really wouldn't matter who because if Alcorn moves to the West (which most presume), it's gonna be Valley and JSU. If it's Valley, it's gonna be JSU and Alcorn and same with JSU (Alcorn and Valley). Where it might get murky is if the schools can't choose their 2 permanents but the commish said he wants to keep rivalries in tact

This is where over half of the conference gets fucked because there is no true permanent rivalries for most of the schools in the conference.

Alcorn and Valley can go to the east.

JSU isnt a threat they can stay and be the bottom feeder

bottom feeder? Coming from an Oprah state fan ... y’all sorry , you could win out this decade and you Would still be behind in this series.... mind your tongue... cause I could really go in on the sorriness that is asu, folks have one decent season and think they elite.... stop aamu is better than y’all mitches.

Last edited:
I believe its not going to come down to nothing more than expenses and the less travel. The Commish indicated there would be some ideas put in place that would help teams with lower budgets which may start with MVSU. Our budget at Alcorn is nowhere near where it needs to be but we could weather the expenses of travel. Now is this right or wrong I'm not sure but it does move the balance of power to the East. However, I would not sleep on MVSU if I were SU, PV and Gramb.

Last edited:
If they go with permanent cross division rivals, some teams could go almost 8 years without playing each other. I don’t like that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back