SWAC Realignment 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

this isn't going to work.... Im sorry but I don't want to play PV and Texas So every year... it does absolutely nothing for either of our schools.... everyone is going to get who they want thus the reason it should just rotate.... if your rival rotate off then schedule then for a non conference game.

I agree.

If Alcorn goes to the West, then each team can have two permanent cross divisional rivalries and rotate a new third team from the other division every two years. This could be an example of the permanent cross divisional matchups:

West Division:
SU - JSU/FAMU
Alcorn - JSU/MVSU
Grambling - BCU/AAMU
PVAMU - AAMU/FAMU
TSU - Bama State/BCU
UAPB - MVSU/Bama State

East Division:
AAMU - Grambling/PVAMU
Bama State - UAPB/TSU
FAMU - SU/PVAMU
JSU - Alcorn/SU
BCU - Grambling/TSU
MVSU - Alcorn/UAPB

This is something similar to what I suggested earlier.

Valley should go west actually. They’ll have 3 schools within 2 - 4 hours of the campus and can handle a trip to texas while minimizing their florida travel in all sports.

Putting Valley the in the east increases their travel expenses which hurts their budget.

Valley should go west actually. They’ll have 3 schools within 2 - 4 hours of the campus and can handle a trip to texas while minimizing their florida travel in all sports.

Putting Valley the in the east increases their travel expenses which hurts their budget.

Alcorn would have those same 3 schools within 2-4 hours PLUS JSU and Valley in the East if the permament cross division rivals thing is allowed. Because if you throw Valley (or Alcorn) in the West and don't allow permanent cross division rivals, that would basically be a big middle finger to Valley because there would be years that Alcorn and JSU would roll off the schedule

Again Alcorn is actually the most western school in the East right now

Putting Valley in the west would make the west weaker of the two divisions. Three sisters of the poor in football TSU, UAPB, and Valley. Either Jackson or Alcorn should come west. Alcorn and Jackson are equal. They have the abilities to compete at anytime.

Alcorn would have those same 3 schools within 2-4 hours PLUS JSU and Valley in the East if the permament cross division rivals thing is allowed. Because if you throw Valley (or Alcorn) in the West and don't allow permanent cross division rivals, that would basically be a big middle finger to Valley because there would be years that Alcorn and JSU would roll off the schedule

Again Alcorn is actually the most western school in the East right now

They can always make it to where if ya'll or Alcorn moves west that at least one of the other 2 Mississippi schools must be on the schedule every year. Giving the option to play the other in a non conference game as was suggested earlier if there's no permanent cross division rivals. Under that scenario, it's likely that it will be Valley heading west because chances are Alcorn and Jackson State are going to push keep the Soul Bowl a yearly conference game. Making it a non conference game effects the ability to schedule quality non conference opponents. If Valley wants to stay in the east ya'll may wanna push for everyone having 2 permanent cross division rivals.

There isn't gonna be any permanent cross division rivals with a 8 game conference schedule.

Five games in your division and 3 against the other. Two of those 3 cross division games would two permanent opponents and the 3rd one rotating yearly against the other 4. Sounds pretty easy to me to make happen.

Let's be honest here for a second. The school that will move is between Valley and Alcorn. There is no rational reason for JSU to move. Alcorn (location) and Valley (expenses) can both state their case for going WEST, but what valid reason would there be to move JSU? If I were a betting man, I think expenses will win. They should tell Valley to go D2 but they won't so the conference will probably coddle them and move them to the WEST. Finally, Jackson State IS the EAST. How can you move us out a division that was created for us? 70% of the time that the EAST has been in existence, the EAST had to go thru Jackson. We either won it or you had to go thru us to get it!

Changes of moving (TPs opinion):
1. Valley
2. Alcorn

3. JSU

I don't think we will see permanent rivals. The conference cant make everyone happy. They have already pretty much said they will limit the trips to and from Florida to Texas so that already puts a strain on conference scheduling. If you THEN add permanent rivals, that will be a scheduling nightmare.

Let's be honest here for a second. The school that will move is between Valley and Alcorn. There is no rational reason for JSU to move. Alcorn (location) and Valley (expenses) can both state their case for going WEST, but what valid reason would there be to move JSU? If I were a betting man, I think expenses will win. They should tell Valley to go D2 but they won't so the conference will probably coddle them and move them to the WEST. Finally, Jackson State IS the EAST. How can you move us out a division that was created for us? 70% of the time that the EAST has been in existence, the EAST had to go thru Jackson. We either won it or you had to go thru us to get it!

Changes of moving (TPs opinion):
1. Valley
2. Alcorn

3. JSU
I've always believed the West was SU/GSU and nobody else. UAPB & PVAM have had their moments, but IMO that division is not competitive from top to bottom like the East. Every team in the East (minus Valley) has made it to the SCG or won the league in the last 20-25 years. Since '99, Its been the Louisiana division, with the exception of '06 (UAPB) & '09 (PVAM).

Every team in the West has made it to the SCG and won it at least one time.

# of SCG appearances since '99 when AAMU and UAPB joined:
West - SU (7), GSU (10), UAPB (2), PVAM (1), TXSO (1) vacated - by my math a Louisiana school has made it 80% of the time
East - AAMU (6), ASU (4), JSU (5), Alcorn (6), MVSU (0) - pretty even split b/t AL & MS schools

# of SCG appearances since '99 when AAMU and UAPB joined:
West - SU (7), GSU (10), UAPB (2), PVAM (1), TXSO (1) vacated - by my math a Louisiana school has made it 80% of the time
East - AAMU (6), ASU (4), JSU (5), Alcorn (6), MVSU (0) - pretty even split b/t AL & MS schools

The West has won twice (14) as many as the east (7) have....

The West has won twice (14) as many as the east (7) have....
Trust me I remember all those butt-whoopings we got from GSU in the SCG when he had that fat QB lol. I also think we will see more Eastern SWAC champs when the FL schools join.

Trust me I remember all those butt-whoopings we got from GSU in the SCG when he had that fat QB lol. I also think we will see more Eastern SWAC champs when the FL schools join.

If the truth is told, AAMU was just as good as any of the top teams in the league last year. We'll see what happens but AAMU & Jsu (it's just a matter of time) I don't believe will be a future cakewalk in the East. I try to tell folks championships in this league are not easy to come by. Then you have a good PVU team in the West that gives folks pure hell but haven't been getting the cigar. You come to the stadium slipping those folks will eat your lunch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back