Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2017-2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry my fellow boom fans, but I need to let out a rant about this band from a in-person experience I had at the southern heritage classic. This band needs to fix whatever in house issues they may have after the Sanford firing and quickly because it's carrying over too their live performance. Am I talking sound, no. I'm talking energy .... I'm talking the j-settes looking inconsistent at times. The halftime show minus the Texas part they did lacked energy and it looked very safe telling me jsu wasn't hitting strides in practice this past week. No block dance? Like tnsu sounded better, had the better book, and was very balanced and even at times had more power than the boom. In person you had to be there.... during the game, the boom played a lot of old tunes from last year and I'm thinking they gone show out in the 5th ...., and they give me four and gone while sounding like a small no aggressive band. Like it hurts me to say but tnsu was just better. TNSU .... boom need to get their shit together because that aggression isn't there and the energy was very "going-thru-the-motion" vibish. I was very disappointed. You had to have been there last night to understand what I mean. Smh.

Definitely saw some uncharacteristic things that I didn't like but I thought it was just me. Is there any chance that they will try to coax Dr. Taylor out of his early retirement to come back as possibly a consultant?

Roderick little put an outstanding show and fifth quarter together! The boom sounds like the boom again and the aggression is there in the sound. I can tell little told the mellos to dial back a tad and told the damn trumpets to wake up and sound off because they were a lot balanced and heard this week. J-settes bounced back in the stands majorly and the new girls look settled in. With Taylor making his official return September 18th, this band sounds balanced and aggressive! Shout-out to the dawg team sounding like 22 but only 15. Also props too jsu for giving us more variety in that fifth in song choice other than rap tunes. The halftime had better energy and the jab at gsu was an instant classic on their new field. Keep it up boom. Now we're ready for Oct 1rst and October 21rst. #LuvTheBoom

Roderick little put an outstanding show and fifth quarter together! The boom sounds like the boom again and the aggression is there in the sound. I can tell little told the mellos to dial back a tad and told the damn trumpets to wake up and sound off because they were a lot balanced and heard this week. J-settes bounced back in the stands majorly and the new girls look settled in. With Taylor making his official return September 18th, this band sounds balanced and aggressive! Shout-out to the dawg team sounding like 22 but only 15. Also props too jsu for giving us more variety in that fifth in song choice other than rap tunes. The halftime had better energy and the jab at gsu was an instant classic on their new field. Keep it up boom. Now we're ready for Oct 1rst and October 21rst. #LuvTheBoom
They were awesome! Looked and sounded really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back