Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2017-2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu Bengal

Queen City BOTB adds famed SWAC band
by Steven J. Gaither - July 20, 2017

There are dozens of events billed as “Battle of The Bands” around the country, but the Queen City Battle of The Bands in Charlotte is becoming one of the most anticipated.

The QCBOTB revealed that Jackson State University’s Sonic Boom of The South will be the final addition to the August 26th event, which is heading into its fourth year.

The Sonic Boom will join a lineup that includes:

-Alabama State’s Mighty Marching Hornets
-Bethune-Cookman’s Marching Wildcats
North Carolina Central’s Sound Machine
Norfolk State’s Spartan Legion
-Miles College’s Purple Marching Machine
-Talladega College’s Marching Tornadoes
-Tennessee State’s Aristocrat of Bands
Winston-Salem State’s Red Sea of Sound

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
by Steven J. Gaither - July 20, 2017

There are dozens of events billed as “Battle of The Bands” around the country, but the Queen City Battle of The Bands in Charlotte is becoming one of the most anticipated.

The QCBOTB revealed that Jackson State University’s Sonic Boom of The South will be the final addition to the August 26th event, which is heading into its fourth year.

The Sonic Boom will join a lineup that includes:

-Alabama State’s Mighty Marching Hornets
-Bethune-Cookman’s Marching Wildcats
North Carolina Central’s Sound Machine

Norfolk State’s Spartan Legion
-Miles College’s Purple Marching Machine
-Talladega College’s Marching Tornadoes
-Tennessee State’s Aristocrat of Bands
Winston-Salem State’s Red Sea of Sound

So who the boom going to play in the stands?. I see some interesting possibilities.

I hope either Miles, TC, or Norfolk. I don't want them to battle BCU being that is the first battle of the season. I would rather battle BCU after Alcorn.

Yea TC, Miles, or Norfolk is who I hope they get to
Battle. Been wanting to see a JSU/NSU battle for years so hopefully something good plays out. Regardless, I know the Boom will be ready for whoever.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Does anyone know what we are truly marching

Now won't be a good time to tell. I'd wait til Thee Merge to actually see cause ain't no tellin how many more freshman gone fall out . I know 3 already quit after the first 3 days when they got there but I'm not sure about how many more by now.

[
custom13.png

JSU loves to lie about their size. The clips are up and they don't even look to be 200 with the dancers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back