Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2017-2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a rookie. So ask before assuming. I used to post on the SWAC page. I choose not to post on this site.

If you've never posted on this site, uhhh guess what that makes you now that you JUST started. Yes....a rookie.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What I don't understand is how the band isn't growing, what happened to all the freshman from 2015. What happened to the freshman of 2014? I just don't understand what is going on with the program? Don't get me wrong they are loud but to me that's all I hear. I'm not getting the old groove sound from back in the day. I know it's the new generation but these rap tunes have to go, give me more tunes like gin and juice or brown sugar

If you've never posted on this site, uhhh guess what that makes you now that you JUST started. Yes....a rookie.

This is a forum not a sports team. Clearly I hurt your feelings and told the truth, so you reverted to child mode and can only come up with the term rookie. I prefer the title of a grown 37 year old man who thinks its corny for so called adults to lie about the simplest things as the number of people in a band.

What I don't understand is how the band isn't growing, what happened to all the freshman from 2015. What happened to the freshman of 2014? I just don't understand what is going on with the program? Don't get me wrong they are loud but to me that's all I hear. I'm not getting the old groove sound from back in the day. I know it's the new generation but these rap tunes have to go, give me more tunes like gin and juice or brown sugar
That's true, but it has a lot to do with the degradation of today's songs verses the songs of the '70's through the '90's.

This is a forum not a sports team. Clearly I hurt your feelings and told the truth, so you reverted to child mode and can only come up with the term rookie. I prefer the title of a grown 37 year old man who thinks its corny for so called adults to lie about the simplest things as the number of people in a band.
The term "rookie" has little to do with age, but the number of times you've posted on this forum. It ain't that serious bruh.

Budget cuts. The squeeze being felt across the school is at least temporarily hitting them too. It costs money to maintain and move large units. The decrease has more to do with school issues than program issues. From what I understand, they had to fight to stay around 200.

Budget cuts. The squeeze being felt across the school is at least temporarily hitting them too. It costs money to maintain and move large units. The decrease has more to do with school issues than program issues. From what I understand, they had to fight to stay around 200.
I wish they would have more botb on campus and bring that money in house, Su Band was broke but you couldn't tell, they got sponsorships and everything. They used what they got and produced something great

I wish they would have more botb on campus and bring that money in house, Su Band was broke but you couldn't tell, they got sponsorships and everything. They used what they got and produced something great
Perhaps they will going forward. JSU's money issues only really came to light last year which led to the president's ouster. Everybody's taking cuts at the school this year while they get things back in order.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Why should he have been gone? Just curious.
Sanford was brought there by Carolyn Myers and he never really embraced our program. He was always negative,even at this merge a few weeks saying that he didn't like our sound because of our swac sound. He was from the Meac and there are a lot of things that he did under the table that us, as former boomers know about. He had a part in Taylor resigning early! We just found out that for the last few yrs he's been sharing things from our band with other bands which i won't name. We never wanted him and need a former boomer as director of bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back