Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2017-2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm thinking the budget never left. The recruiting budget funds for FY18 are available until June 30, 2018. Someone please address me if I'm wrong, I don't wear my heart on my sleeve. :)

I heard that’s why the band decreased in size because of the recruiting budget.

I would just be happy with a 220-260 size band

With Taylor recruiting/auditioning, you're going to get the best musicians: I doubt the band will reach 260.
news-n-coffee.gif

Last edited:
Bynum appears to be pro-band and pro-athletics. We will see how much money/energy he is willing to put into those programs.

240 at its best, what was the size of the band this past season? 170-180

II think they were about 180-200 this past season. I hope they get back up to @300 again!

"The vibrations from the big, heavy bass drums, nine in all, are so powerful that they set off a car alarm 70 yards away.

The snares sound like rattling machine-gun fire. “Holy s---,” says a big UNLV tuba player, scrambling to put on the rest of his uniform."

March to the Joyous, Raucous Beat of the Sonic Boom of the South | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian

II think they were about 180-200 this past season. I hope they get back up to @300 again!

"The vibrations from the big, heavy bass drums, nine in all, are so powerful that they set off a car alarm 70 yards away.

The snares sound like rattling machine-gun fire. “Holy s---,” says a big UNLV tuba player, scrambling to put on the rest of his uniform."

March to the Joyous, Raucous Beat of the Sonic Boom of the South | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian
I hope they will get back to the 300 size, but I can take a 220-260 size band

Would You Like To Become A Member of the #1 Band In The Nation? Well “Get Ready” Cause Here We Come. The Sonic Boom of the South has Band Scholarships waiting for you. However, you must schedule an audition immediately. To schedule an audition please contact Mr. Dowell Taylor, 601-214-1348 or dowell.t.taylor@jsums.edu.

#SBotsMedia #JSUBands

Vote the Sonic Boom of the South the 2017 HBCU SPORTS BAND OF THE YEAR

HBCU bands, along with their performances on the field and in the stands at football games during the fall, are the perfect ingredients to making typical games into spectacular events.

Rarely does one in attendance leave disappointed.

And while showcasing the many stellar performances we’ve seen over the past few months during the 2017 season, there were two bands we think consistently performed better than everyone else.

As a result, those two bands: Jackson State’s Sonic Boom of the South and North Carolina A&Ts Blue and Gold Marching Machine are the finalists for HBCU Sports’ Band of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back