JACKSON STATE NAMES NEW DIRECTOR OF BANDS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OPEN AUDITIONS "Voice of the Boom"

Good move Dowell. Glad to see Taylor get rid of my HS classmate as the announcer for the Boom. He was not a good fit. LOL. There has to be someone at JSU or in Jackson that can do better than what yall had the last few years after Dr. James gave it up. Somebody with their own style with a hint of nostalgia tied to what James did. But not trying to duplicate what Dr. James perfected. Good luck.

:tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

"Sonic Boom of the South"
Jackson State University Marching Band - 2012, The Year of Unity!

**This is the Boom's slogan for 2012

"Sonic Boom of the South"
Jackson State University Marching Band - 2012, The Year of Unity!

**This is the Boom's slogan for 2012

Hey B, who came up with that??? And who're we unifying??? Pacquiao still ain't fighting Mayweather.... Red Sox and Yankees still hate each other. And the Dukes still feuding with Boss Hogg.

Ain't nobody unified the Sonic Boom....

:D:D

I promise there are alot of folks who HAVE NEVER marched for the Boom concerned about what the Boom does....:smh:

I promise there are alot of folks who HAVE NEVER marched for the Boom concerned about what the Boom does....:smh:

Should we stuff a lot of folks mouths with socks, plug their ears with cotton and blindfold them?

Music is the universal language, it appeals to almost everyone, even those folks who HAVE NEVER marched for the Boom, music even "soothes the savage beast".

Last edited:

Hey B, who came up with that??? And who're we unifying??? Pacquiao still ain't fighting Mayweather.... Red Sox and Yankees still hate each other. And the Dukes still feuding with Boss Hogg.

Ain't nobody unified the Sonic Boom....

:D:D

Homeboy, you are off the chain. LOL.

^ Dowell Taylor ain't playing, he is serious! The band performance begins with the band announcer.

Exactly! The excitement of the band's pending performance begins with the band announcer!

an assistant director told me over the weekend that D. Taylor was putting the drums back into the show. i cant remember the last time i saw that

an assistant director told me over the weekend that D. Taylor was putting the drums back into the show. i cant remember the last time i saw that

1995 was probably the last time drums were in the show. That mean some wood winds squads will be replaced.

1995 was probably the last time drums were in the show. That mean some wood winds squads will be replaced.

oh ok. he said that all the drums except for the quads will be in the drill formations and the other wind instruments will be on the side line. the should be charting a show for bout 198 he said

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Should we stuff a lot of folks mouths with socks, plug their ears with cotton and blindfold them?

Music is the universal language, it appeals to almost everyone, even those folks who HAVE NEVER marched for the Boom, music even "soothes the savage beast".
icon_halloffame.gif

WT was in the show for the '99 Southern game and the 1999 SWAC Championship Game.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V-XDdcC3mMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Wow! 118 replies and 9,558 views!

JSU is on so many minds!
smilieeatdrink.gif

Last edited:
I'm scanning through this crap and all I see are JSU people responding. Lol!

But people like ya'll are the ones reading about JSU news. :tup: It's not 118 posts that's surprising, it's the almost 10,000 VIEWS from posters AND lurkers.

But people like ya'll are the ones reading about JSU news. :tup: It's not 118 posts that's surprising, it's the almost 10,000 VIEWS from posters AND lurkers.

Now Soror. This was a pretty tame and decent thread. Had the title been SU's picks a new band director or Grambling picks a new band director. I imagine those views would be just as much. Probably worse because a lot of negative comments would be coming. LOL.

I am actually glad Taylor is going to be the band director again at JSU, so I was interested in seeing if that was going to happen because he is friend of mine. I know a lot of your old skool boom folks are definitely lurking and viewing.

Last edited:
Now Soror. This was a pretty tame and decent thread. Had the title been SU's picks a new band director or Grambling picks a new band director. I imagine those views would be just as much. Probably worse because a lot of negative comments would be coming. LOL.

I am actually glad Taylor is going to be the band director again at JSU, so I was interested in seeing if that was going to happen because he is friend of mine. I know a lot of your old skool boom folks are definitely lurking and viewing.

Yeah, ok... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back