JACKSON STATE NAMES NEW DIRECTOR OF BANDS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is JSU trying to correct a wrong that occurred in 1990 if Dowell Taylor returns as Band Director?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Loved JSU under him, they had a very balanced and clean sound and didn't think about power. Hope the new breed doesn't give him a nervous breakdown because times have changed.

Partially true, Liddell just didn't have the natural born talents of Davis, Haughton or Taylor.

I wouldn't go that far. Liddell is a talented director. He KNOWS how to get a good sound! His passion is just not in marching bands, and it clearly reflected in the lazy marching and drills. But he's good with symphonic bands.

I hope Dowell Taylor knows what he's getting himself into.
Today's college students are different, they have defiant attitudes and it seems most are loyal to nothing.

I wouldn't go that far. Liddell is a talented director. He KNOWS how to get a good sound! His passion is just not in marching bands, and it clearly reflected in the lazy marching and drills. But he's good with symphonic bands.

Liddell had great assistant band directors especially during his first 10 years in the Boom....They were called the Dream Team of Directors..Pop Duplessis over Drills, Mr.Adams and Magrudar writing music, Bethea leading WT.....in the 2000"s u had Dr Ware writing music too..So Liddell had great assistants to make up for his lack of marching band enthusiasm and know how...But one thing folks cant say is that when Liddell introduce his American Marches to the Boom it change the game....7 Marches that could kill any pop tune or slow jam.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Liddell had great assistant band directors especially during his first 10 years in the Boom....They were called the Dream Team of Directors..Pop Duplessis over Drills, Mr.Adams and Magrudar writing music, Bethea leading WT.....in the 2000"s u had Dr Ware writing music too..So Liddell had great assistants to make up for his lack of marching band enthusiasm and know how...But one thing folks cant say is that when Liddell introduce his American Marches to the Boom it change the game....7 Marches that could kill any pop tune or slow jam.

Very true! :tup:

I hope Dowell Taylor knows what he's getting himself into.
Today's college students are different, they have defiant attitudes and it seems most are loyal to nothing.

Yeah, kids today are a different breed.

keep dreaming. :sleeping:

The same hot garbage at JSU as yesterday, today and tomorrow. It never changes, just keeps filling up the landfill. :gone:

The same hot garbage at JSU as yesterday, today and tomorrow. It never changes, just keeps filling up the landfill. :gone:
Dude u so lame.......what have aamu band ever did i its history better than jsu...past or present. Shut up and quit hating.

Dude u so lame.......what have aamu band ever did i its history better than jsu...past or present. Shut up and quit hating.

First of all before I go any further, you are from Sippi that in itself is an embarrassment to you and the world. Being from that third world country puts you in a world alone. Now, What does AAMU band have to do with this? JSU band is the topic being discussed. By the way it takes a lame brain to know a lame you lame.

First of all before I go any further, you are from Sippi that in itself is an embarrassment to you and the world. Being from that third world country puts you in a world alone. Now, What does AAMU band have to do with this? JSU band is the topic being discussed. By the way it takes a lame brain to know a lame you lame.

CEE, you a lame BAMA! :lmao:

:smh:

u a special case dude...if u knew anything about Mississipp....u would know alot of great people are from this state...including the riches black woman in the united states and one of the greatest movie actor ever...and thats just the tip of the iceberg. But this is off topic.....just be ready for jsu to keep owning your school band arse forever....even if mr. Rockwell was sonicboom head director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back