JACKSON STATE NAMES NEW DIRECTOR OF BANDS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nothing new.
Just adding another subject to "going back in the past."

1985-1986 J-Sette Line.
This is probably the last line that I know each of these woman by name. Damm near every one of these still look the same. 4th one from the right is the lady that owns the Pilates workout studio on the thread in Health and fitness. No Change. :lol:

Click to enlarge.
j-settes.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing new.

1985-1986 J-Sette Line.
This is probably the last line that I know each of these woman by name. Damm near every one of these still look the same. 4th one from the right is the lady that owns the Pilates workout studio on the thread in Health and fitness. No Change. :lol:

Click to enlarge.
View attachment 1660

Wow! I had a crush on Sophia Washington. :blush:

Nothing new.

1985-1986 J-Sette Line.

Click to enlarge.
View attachment 1660

From the shoes (boots), uniforms and false eyelashes, the J-Settes were a class act under Mrs. Oatis.

Dowell Taylor at JSU's Blue and White game (photo courtesy of Sarge):

533029_10151506582070037_601710036_23828131_24658344_n.jpg

OPEN AUDITIONS "Voice of the Boom"

OPEN AUDITIONS

"Voice of the Boom" 2012

The Jackson State University “Sonic Boom of the Southâ€￾ Marching Band will hold open auditions May 7-12 for the position of band announcer, 2012-2013. If you feel you have a radio, DJ or television voice with excitement, energy, clean diction and articulation, you are invited to audition to become the next “Voice of the Boomâ€￾, a position held by Dr. Jimmie James Jr. for more than 30 years.

The audition procedure will consist of reading a provided script in the JSU recording studio. Dr. Jimmie James Jr. and the band staff will screen applicant recordings to determine the next “Voice of the Sonic Boomâ€￾.

Audition Dates: May 7-12, 2012, 6-8 p.m.

For a recording appointment please contact:

Mr. Dowell Taylor, 601-214-1348
dowell.t.taylor@jsums.edu

Last edited:
Re: OPEN AUDITIONS "Voice of the Boom"

^ Dowell Taylor ain't playing, he is serious! The band performance begins with the band announcer.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Right! And dont come in there sounding like some bootleg, jacked up rapper either.

Dowell Taylor is the reason I purchased season football tickets this year!

Right! And dont come in there sounding like some bootleg, jacked up rapper either.

............. With the mentality that "I am going to talk through the entire halftime show" like other announcers have done recently. Introduce the band, tell the name of the song and then SHUT THE HELL UP. :goof:

............. With the mentality that "I am going to talk through the entire halftime show" like other announcers have done recently. Introduce the band, tell the name of the song and then SHUT THE HELL UP. :goof:
Right!!!

OPEN AUDITIONS

"Voice of the Boom" 2012

The Jackson State University “Sonic Boom of the South” Marching Band will hold open auditions May 7-12 for the position of band announcer, 2012-2013. If you feel you have a radio, DJ or television voice with excitement, energy, clean diction and articulation, you are invited to audition to become the next “Voice of the Boom”, a position held by Dr. Jimmie James Jr. for more than 30 years.

The audition procedure will consist of reading a provided script in the JSU recording studio. Dr. Jimmie James Jr. and the band staff will screen applicant recordings to determine the next “Voice of the Sonic Boom”.

Audition Dates: May 7-12, 2012, 6-8 p.m.

For a recording appointment please contact:

Mr. Dowell Taylor, 601-214-1348
dowell.t.taylor@jsums.edu

Good move Dowell. Glad to see Taylor get rid of my HS classmate as the announcer for the Boom. He was not a good fit. LOL. There has to be someone at JSU or in Jackson that can do better than what yall had the last few years after Dr. James gave it up. Somebody with their own style with a hint of nostalgia tied to what James did. But not trying to duplicate what Dr. James perfected. Good luck.

LOL @ Frat. You know Taylor aint going to allow all that.

Travell Eiland, Morning Anchor at WAPT-16 in Jackson, has the voice for the position:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jP-lJZ3kptA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jP-lJZ3kptA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back