JACKSON STATE NAMES NEW DIRECTOR OF BANDS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: OPEN AUDITIONS "Voice of the Boom"

JSU has hired a new drum instructor. Rod Little who marched in the boom and played snare. He also was a drum major. He has been the band director at Lanier High School in Jackson, MS since he graduated. Young and energetic guy. Good hire boom.

That's the reason Dowell Taylor selected him, energy has been lacking in the "Boom" for years.

Thanks for sharing!

That's the reason Dowell Taylor selected him, energy has been lacking in the "Boom" for years.

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah..thats great. I hope jsu pays this man to stay. If Mr. Taylor stays atleast another three to five years.. so he can mentor & mold a director that can take his place once he retires... Dr. Liddell was great with the symphonic & concert bands...but in my opinion not a good field director as far as drills...& no kind of arranging ...but, Mr. Taylor will correct these issues..& make the BOOM the BOOM again....hell, i beleive Taylor will even write new drills for the growing size of the Boom..he really is the man!! I hope he keeps the power band format!! Haymer..watch out...JSU got a bad ass arranger & drill designer over there..Dowell Taylor can do it all!!!! cant wait for 2012 BOOMBOX CLASSIC!!!

Last edited:

Yeah..thats great. I hope jsu pays this man to stay. If Mr. Taylor stays atleast another three to five years.. so he can mentor & mold a director that can take his place once he retires... Dr. Liddell was great with the symphonic & concert bands...but in my opinion not a good field director as far as drills...& no kind of arranging ...but, Mr. Taylor will correct these issues..& make the BOOM the BOOM again....hell, i beleive Taylor will even write new drills for the growing size of the Boom..he really is the man!! I hope he keeps the power band format!! Haymer..watch out...JSU got a bad ass arranger & drill designer over there..Dowell Taylor can do it all!!!! cant wait for 2012 BOOMBOX CLASSIC!!!

Wow! This guy just told the TRUTH, you are truly a wise man. :wavey:

voice of the boom for this year and winner of the tryouts is Alice Marie from 99.7 WJMI. must say j-sett tryouts were different this year. the complete boom staff is different except for 1 person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpeg8geBbwg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Allison Washington, former Sonic Boom member is the Voice of the boom and there are at least three returning staff members; Hollinger, Chisolm (sp), and Worthy.

Allison Washington, former Sonic Boom member is the Voice of the boom and there are at least three returning staff members; Hollinger, Chisolm (sp), and Worthy.

Ok, I attended the tryouts and she clearly introduced herself as Big Baby Alice Marie. There were two men and two ladies that did the audition. After reading your post I called assistant band director Rod Little and he said Alice Marie. I called my cousin DJ Unpredictable, who was also in attendance and he said Big Baby. Now unless she decided to give it away after winning, that other lady should not have won at all. I dont mind being wrong but please tell me where you got your info from?

Ok, I attended the tryouts and she clearly introduced herself as Big Baby Alice Marie. There were two men and two ladies that did the audition. After reading your post I called assistant band director Rod Little and he said Alice Marie. I called my cousin DJ Unpredictable, who was also in attendance and he said Big Baby. Now unless she decided to give it away after winning, that other lady should not have won at all. I dont mind being wrong but please tell me where you got your info from?

"Big Baby" Alice Marie is probably Allison Washington's radio name?

The new announcer is Allison Washington period.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

The new announcer is Allison Washington period.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Right!! Big Baby Alice Marie was on the radio when I was at JSU and Allison was probably just entering high school at the time. Folks think they know all about JSU business...:smh:

You sure she didn't say, "Honey Marie"!? I got my info from Huffington Post.com. :pimp:

Right!! Big Baby Alice Marie was on the radio when I was at JSU and Allison was probably just entering high school at the time. Folks think they know all about JSU business...:smh:

You sure she didn't say, "Honey Marie"!? I got my info from Huffington Post.com. :pimp:

:tup:

voice of the boom for this year and winner of the tryouts is Alice Marie from 99.7 WJMI. must say j-sett tryouts were different this year. the complete boom staff is different except for 1 person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpeg8geBbwg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Greetings and Salutations! lol!

First and foremost, I would like to thank my most favorite frat brother, GoodFella, for allowing me to reply to this thread under his username.

I would like to introduce myself as I did during the tryouts on Sunday.

"My name is Allison Washington. Many of you may know me as "Honey Marie". Either, or... Same person..."

For those of you who must know, Honey Marie is/was my radio name when I was the swing jock, weekend air personality for WHLH 95.5 Hallelujah FM for 3 years which is why many people still refer to me as Honey Marie.

I came in the band playing clarinet in 2000, pledged Tau Beta Sigma in 2001 (Pretty InTAUlerable, yeah that's me Boo!) and will always have the blood of a Blue Bengal running through my vains.

So to clear up any misconcepts, again, I said, "My name is Allison Washington. Many of you may know me as Honey Marie. Either, or... Same person..." I am not "Big Baby Alice Marie", never have portrayed as her and NEVER WILL.

As soon as I figure out how to post the audition on YouTube. I will have GoodFella post the link.

Peace,

Allison M. Washington
"Honey Marie"
HP '00
TBS '01

Greetings and Salutations! lol!

First and foremost, I would like to thank my most favorite frat brother, GoodFella, for allowing me to reply to this thread under his username.

I would like to introduce myself as I did during the tryouts on Sunday.

"My name is Allison Washington. Many of you may know me as "Honey Marie". Either, or... Same person..."

For those of you who must know, Honey Marie is/was my radio name when I was the swing jock, weekend air personality for WHLH 95.5 Hallelujah FM for 3 years which is why many people still refer to me as Honey Marie.

I came in the band playing clarinet in 2000, pledged Tau Beta Sigma in 2001 (Pretty InTAUlerable, yeah that's me Boo!) and will always have the blood of a Blue Bengal running through my vains.

So to clear up any misconcepts, again, I said, "My name is Allison Washington. Many of you may know me as Honey Marie. Either, or... Same person..." I am not "Big Baby Alice Marie", never have portrayed as her and NEVER WILL.

As soon as I figure out how to post the audition on YouTube. I will have GoodFella post the link.

Peace,

Allison M. Washington
"Honey Marie"
HP '00
TBS '01

I started to text you and tell you folks were calling you "Alice Marie" but it wasn't that serious.

This is Casey...I'll drink your cup this Fall! :emlaugh:

Oh yeah...you just DESTROYED all ScreamTeam's "sources". :lmao: :lmao:
:dead:

Last edited:

I started to text you and tell you folks were calling you "Alice Marie" but it wasn't that serious.

I guess it doesn't always help to know people.... LOL :saw:

Thanks for the clarification "Honey Marie"! Someone once said, "If you got the Honey, you better spread it"!

I'm looking forward to hearing your sweet voice this football season, bees ain't the only ones with Honey!

Thanks for the clarification "Honey Marie"! Someone once said, "If you got the Honey, you better spread it"!

I'm looking forward to hearing your sweet voice this football season, bees ain't the only ones with Honey!

:emlaugh:
Who said that?! Just playing!! I aint mad at cha!! :tup: :lmao:

:tup: :tup: Congrats, Allison!

:lol: @ the rest of ya'll!

didnt destroy me at all. i only said what i thought i heard and was told. i have no problem with being wrong or corrected. thanks for the clarification for myself as well though. and for as being in anyone business, we all post about one another schools with info we either heard, saw, or think. congrads to her. 3 out of the 4 that auditioned for that position, anyone would love to have them for their announcer period cause some of us need one badly, like my school, Alcorn!!

"It's leather, It's Leather! It's leather for the Weather"

Hell Naw!!! Not Big Baby Alice Marie!
:lmao:

Y'all be wilding out lol
Congrats to Allison :tup:

LOL @ the thought of Big Baby Alice Marie being the announcer anyway. lol.

smh @ that litany of sources. TSPN, you folx always deliver on the laugh.

Uh...err...well... I want to ask this question: The audition seemed to consist of some elements that were a provided script. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back