New SWAC Commissioner

The funniest stuff on this board is folks thinking your HQ location affects sponsorship access.

Sponsors care about your PRODUCT. Not where your damn office space is located.
Does it really matter where the game is played, among AA if your college or university is not playing they don't attend anyway.

Does it really matter where the game is played, among AA if your college or university is not playing they don't attend anyway.

The people who care about the games will attend, and the conference won't go BROKE if attendance is not high. Thats all that matters folks ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The funniest stuff on this board is folks thinking your HQ location affects sponsorship access.

Sponsors care about your PRODUCT. Not where your damn office space is located.
Let's see how well that works out. Keep me posted.

Let's see how well that works out. Keep me posted.

You wanna know why black folks have no respectable level of generational wealth?

Because we have this strange need to validate ourselves by playing a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL GAME in a top 10 city.

White folks will go to Des Moines Iowa, have a good ass time and call it a day.

Black folk gotta go be the number one stunnas in a super bowl city.

Get over yourselves

You wanna know why black folks have no respectable level of generational wealth?

Because we have this strange need to validate ourselves by playing a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL GAME in a top 10 city.

Get over yourselves
This hit it right on the nail!

Get over yourselves
So you want to demean something positive that's run by BLACK folks simply because your school don't support it's own conference's championship game that's right in your own backyard? Please!
And talk about generational wealth? When Black folks were developing this wealth, the world's most powerful government intentionally came in and destroyed it just like it did in Harlem, Tulsa, Florida and other parts of the country in Black communities via whatever means it took.
Why would one leave that bit of info out of the equation.

Question, was Atlanta not taken in to consideration, or was that going to be a conflict due to the celebration bowl and other hbcu games being scheduled?

Get over yourselves
You are the one who has been whining since the championships left Birmingham...and won't show up even when it is in your backyard if you are not in either.

You are the one who has been whining since the championships left Birmingham...and won't show up even when it is in your backyard if you are not in either.

I was THERE in 2011 and 2006. Save that bullshit for somebody else potna...

So you want to demean something positive that's run by BLACK folks simply because your school don't support it's own conference's championship game that's right in your own backyard? Please!
And talk about generational wealth? When Black folks were developing this wealth, the world's most powerful government intentionally came in and destroyed it just like it did in Harlem, Tulsa, Florida and other parts of the country in Black communities via whatever means it took.
Why would one leave that bit of info out of the equation.

I dont have to demean it.... the Houston venture FAILED.

Where were all those Texas Southern folks and Houston black folks we were told would sustain it??

And dont give this BS about stuff that happened in the 1800s. Black folks are STILL making poor financial decisions that will bite us in the ass for the next generations to come

Ive been to all but 4.... missed 1 in Birmingham and I went to one in Houston. Ive seen every team play in the championship except Valley.

Why not every year? It was in your back yard. How are going to pick out two championships 5 years a part?

Were you there EVERY year in Birmingham?

If not, cut the bullshit. If so, good for you.

Besides... if you have to rely on 8 other fan bases to break even or not go into debt, ITS NOT A GOOD BUSINESS DEAL.

I dont have to demean it.... the Houston venture FAILED.

Where were all those Texas Southern folks and Houston black folks we were told would sustain it??

And dont give this BS about stuff that happened in the 1800s. Black folks are STILL making poor financial decisions that will bite us in the ass for the next generations to come
1800's??!! I'm talking about now!!
How many Black folks have been denied loans while less qualified white folks get them and then default on them? How many Black males are stuffed in prisons for no reason falsely? How many times has the federal government admitted to intentionally bringing in drugs, guns and violence into our neighborhoods destroying our communities?
How many times have Black individuals and communities attempted to be successful only to have their own government put policies in place to tear all of that down?
Everybody makes poor financial mistakes. The S&L crisis wasn't caused by Black folks neither was the latest stock market crash? How about those poor financial decisions, but they get bailed out by the government time and time again, while Black folks still can't get loans.
You seem to gloss over that only to criticize Black folks which is shocking.
1800's??!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I have been to 6 SWAC Championships (1999, 2008, 2014-17)

I live in Vicksburg, MS and I can tell you for the games that were in Birmingham we left early that morning and came back late that night. Didn't nobody want to stay in Birmingham. For the games in Houston we left Friday morning and got back Sunday night. A lot of Alcorn alumni was pissed when they did away with Houston. Houston was even supported by people from other SWAC schools in Houston. I even saw Herbert7760 in our section in 2015. I will say this, a school that shall remain nameless have not held up their weight for bringing fans to the championship game. I will say even getting outnumbered by 2 to 3 times the amount of fans.

Last edited:

I live in Vicksburg, MS and I can tell you for the games that were in Birmingham we left early that morning and came back late that night. Didn't nobody want to stay in Birmingham. For the games in Houston we left Friday morning and got back Sunday night. A lot of Alcorn alumni was pissed when they did away with Houston. Houston was even supported by people from other SWAC schools in Houston. I even saw Herbert7760 in our section in 2015. I will say this, a school that shall remain nameless have not held up their weight for bringing fans to the championship game. I will say even getting outnumbered by 2 to 3 times the amount of fans.
Stop playing u talking about Grambling.

Get over yourselves

Lol!

Were you there EVERY year in Birmingham?

If not, cut the bullshit. If so, good for you.

Besides... if you have to rely on 8 other fan bases to break even or not go into debt, ITS NOT A GOOD BUSINESS DEAL.
Clueless AND deflecting....LOL

I crossed the conference line that year because of JG II and he attended my high school alma mater...Booker T. Washington (1893 - Present). I grew up with his father. Since my sTu Tigers were not in the 'ship I road with John Gibbs Jr. I moved back home after JG II. My son and I attended every SCG in Houston.

Last edited:

Uh your game only had 24k this year IN A DOME in the 4th lard fest city in America . You live in Vicksburg, Birmingham in NYC to you!

Uh your game only had 24k this year IN A DOME in the 4th lard fest city in America . You live in Vicksburg, Birmingham in NYC to you!

I think the problem with Bham is that is DOES have a lot to offer but most people assume is just a big country town with nothing. I think if people took the time to enjoy Bham they would, but tierre is right. Everybody between ATL and the Eastern parts of LA are going to drive to Bham that morning and go back as soon as the clock hits zero, never giving Bham a chance. I will be staying of course! lol

I think the problem with Bham is that is DOES have a lot to offer but most people assume is just a big country town with nothing. I think if people took the time to enjoy Bham they would, but tierre is right. Everybody between ATL and the Eastern parts of LA are going to drive to Bham that morning and go back as soon as the clock hits zero, never giving Bham a chance. I will be staying of course! lol

Thing is, Bham has come a long way since 2012. Its only going to get better under the new Mayor. He is more worried about bham flourishing instead of lining folks pockets.

All things aside, I really believe that Jackson would be a great host city. That's not being a homer but it's central location in the SWAC and stadium size would be perfect. That would be a day trip for the majority of the conference.

And for the ones that will cry home field advantage if JSU goes well the SEC is in ATL and when Georgia plays are there any complaints? Other conferences use the team with the best record as the playing site. I just believe if given the chance Jackson would be a great host city.

And I have only missed 5 SWAC Championship games and to me both had their pros and cons. Houston come out a lil ahead because you were in a dome.

All things aside, I really believe that Jackson would be a great host city. That's not being a homer but it's central location in the SWAC and stadium size would be perfect. That would be a day trip for the majority of the conference.

And for the ones that will cry home field advantage if JSU goes well the SEC is in ATL and when Georgia plays are there any complaints? Other conferences use the team with the best record as the playing site. I just believe if given the chance Jackson would be a great host city.

And I have only missed 5 SWAC Championship games and to me both had their pros and cons. Houston come out a lil ahead because you were in a dome.
No chance of JSU hosting for another 7 years.

Back