New SWAC Commissioner

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now I am a supporter of Charles, I spoke up for him the last time he was in the running and felt strongly he should have gotten the Commish position instead of Duer. But some of his hesitation I understand the the location of the conference HQ and him having to relocate....surely he didnt think that the "business" would just move the operations and staff for one person. We all understand family considerations etc but playa please....this is business, you knew what it was when you jumped out there.

Now I am a supporter of Charles, I spoke up for him the last time he was in the running and felt strongly he should have gotten the Commish position instead of Duer. But some of his hesitation I understand the the location of the conference HQ and him having to relocate....surely he didnt think that the "business" would just move the operations and staff for one person. We all understand family considerations etc but playa please....this is business, you knew what it was when you jumped out there.
I don't think it was just about relocating for him. It was about access to corporate support. Few places can compare with H-town for sponsorship possibilities. This can be a gold mine for the right person with the right skill set.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't think it was just about relocating for him. It was about access to corporate support. Few places can compare with H-town for sponsorship possibilities. This can be a gold mine for the right person with the right skill set.
The Events transcend wherever your HQ is located, so if he has access to Corporate support located in Houston and these are National Corporations - it doesnt matter. If the Basketball Tournament is in Biloxi - we are not just relying on Biloxi or MS Corporations to be sponsors, we are hoping for National - and again, if he has established those relationships, then those relationship come with him where ever he lays his head.

The Events transcend wherever your HQ is located, so if he has access to Corporate support located in Houston and these are National Corporations - it doesnt matter. If the Basketball Tournament is in Biloxi - we are not just relying on Biloxi or MS Corporations to be sponsors, we are hoping for National - and again, if he has established those relationships, then those relationship come with him where ever he lays his head.
Good point but I still say it is easier to sell H-town or Nawlins than Birmingham. In Birmingham it is SWAC support or bust. In H-town or Nawlins there is much more to draw from and a much easier sell.

I told y'all but no y'all laughed...... You folks gotta realize pillow talk was in earth way before the internet...........

Right now, it's a 1 year deal...

Can the alabamians build a dome in 1 year?

Good point but I still say it is easier to sell H-town or Nawlins than Birmingham. In Birmingham it is SWAC support or bust. In H-town or Nawlins there is much more to draw from and a much easier sell.

The funniest stuff on this board is folks thinking your HQ location affects sponsorship access.

Sponsors care about your PRODUCT. Not where your damn office space is located.

Back