New SWAC Commissioner

I told y'all but no y'all laughed...... You folks gotta realize pillow talk was in earth way before the internet...........

Houston is not as desperate as Birmingham for the SWAC. You can’t have our top rated facilities for free.

We’ll be there to pick up our basketball trophies.

Hmmmmmmmm, CMac? Included in group of movers and shakers in Houston to try and get Final Four in Houston.....again? And you still think he couldn't have gotten a better deal for our championships in H-town? I keep telling y'all it was not the city....the "commish" was garbage.

Anyone who can get our football team on AT&T Sports Network as bad as we have been certainly could have worked wonders with the SWAC and its high profile programs...but nooooooo, we want Birmingham.

Let me see was Rice's AD there...UH's AD...HBU's AD? Nope, just the only HBCU in the city. Coffee is brewing and y'all refuse smell it.

Lets see... one of the most watched sporting events in the country....vs. a game that wasnt even supported by Houston black folks???

Yeah, yall are out of your minds!

Hmmmmmmmm, CMac? Included in group of movers and shakers in Houston to try and get Final Four in Houston.....again? And you still think he couldn't have gotten a better deal for our championships in H-town? I keep telling y'all it was not the city....the "commish" was garbage.

Anyone who can get our football team on AT&T Sports Network as bad as we have been certainly could have worked wonders with the SWAC and its high profile programs...but nooooooo, we want Birmingham.

Let me see was Rice's AD there...UH's AD...HBU's AD? Nope, just the only HBCU in the city. Coffee is brewing and y'all refuse smell it.
Herb can the Great and All Magnifico CMac work wonders on getting us a decent football team?

Lets see... one of the most watched sporting events in the country....vs. a game that wasnt even supported by Houston black folks???

Yeah, yall are out of your minds!
What other FCS games are supported by television? Zero, so how are you going to pinpoint ONE game?
Every SCG game played has out sold the FCS championship game time and time again whether in Birmingham or Houston.

Herb can the Great and All Magnifico CMac work wonders on getting us a decent football team?
Even with our horrible football teams we are still graduating students-athletes and making money. We do not pay AT&T Sports to broadcast our games.

Y'all really need to stop playing checkers.

What other FCS games are supported by television? Zero, so how are you going to pinpoint ONE game?
Every SCG game played has out sold the FCS championship game time and time again whether in Birmingham or Houston.

You have stooped to using strawman arguments. I never said we DIDNT outsell the FCSCG. Thats never been what this is about.

And none of what you just said justifies the cost of doing business in Houston.

I guess Houston officials have bigger fish to fry.

what does this have to do with the SWAC?
yall TxSU folks are pathetic.

Yall dont even show up to your home games let alone the SWAC championship but yall are upset about the game going back to B-Ham.

yall didnt even average 9000 per game lmao

You have stooped to using strawman arguments. I never said we DIDNT outsell the FCSCG. Thats never been what this is about.

How much was it to do business in Houston? The Toyota Center was high, but they solved that issue by moving to Delmar Field House.

what does this have to do with the SWAC?
yall TxSU folks are pathetic.

Yall dont even show up to your home games let alone the SWAC championship but yall are upset about the game going back to B-Ham.

yall didnt even average 9000 per game lmao

Houston Sports Athority has too many options to give our first class facilities away for free.

I wouldn’t use the word up set, maybe disappointed. There are very few reasons why anyone would choose Birmingham over Houston. Both Al A&M & ASU would be lucky just to make it to the basketball tournament next year (only the winners of the first round advance to the tournament).

9,000 a game is a very good number. Every school in the SWAC would kill to average 9,000 per game. Your attendance is not much better than ours.

No need for any strawman. Facts are facts. You indicated that the game wasn't supported, but it was indicated that since it's inception, the game had outsold every FCS championship game, even when the game was in Birmingham, so what's so bad about the SCG no matter where it's played.

Houston Sports Athority has too many options to give our first class facilities away for free.

I wouldn’t use the word up set, maybe disappointed. There are very few reasons why anyone would choose Birmingham over Houston. Both Al A&M & ASU would be lucky just to make it to the basketball tournament next year (only the winners of the first round advance to the tournament).

9,000 a game is a very good number. Every school in the SWAC would kill to average 9,000 per game. Your attendance is not much better than ours.

We averaged damn near 15k a game. We were #12 out of the whole FCS attendance wise.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2017.pdf

While you are talking about basketball, yall would be lucky not to finish last in the west for football!
What can you do in Houston that you cant do in Birmingham? Houston is bigger yea but both have clubs, bars, restaurants, museums, etc.

How about all 10 Swac schools fan bases come together with money and build our own stadium for the championship at our pick of location.

Back