New SWAC Commissioner

How about all 10 Swac schools fan bases come together with money and build our own stadium for the championship at our pick of location.
Each school kick in what...10 million?

Have it designed for T&F Championships and build so that a basketball arena could be added.

Have an events committee to book events when not in use?

Each school kick in what...10 million?

Have it designed for T&F Championships and build so that a basketball arena could be added.

Have an events committee to book events when not in use?
My man thats sounds like a plan. Can yall see we fans and alumni have the power? Man lets take charge of our conference. Take it out the man HANDS!

I'm just saying. It would work..... We put up the money, its ours, and we dictate where and what time it should be played. We as fans have the power. With our tradition, fans, alumni what can go wrong with this method.
I am riding with you. I am a big proponent of having your own. Stability and control.

Why not every year? It was in your back yard. How are going to pick out two championships 5 years a part?

They are not like us. Even though our school wasn't in it, we did support it and go to the games in Houston

Even with our horrible football teams we are still graduating students-athletes and making money. We do not pay AT&T Sports to broadcast our games.

Y'all really need to stop playing checkers.

You sure about that?

Where will it be located? Dome or stadium ?
Some big country town. Jackson, Mobile, Montgomery places like that. Yes as a conference together we would be building a dome stadium for not just football, basketball as well. No white people included unless there affiliated with the Swac. 40,000 seat capacity with the opportunity to have indoor track and field in the future. The reason why i said big country places because there's nothing else going on there. It would get the full support from the town. Marketing it would be fairly easy in places like those.

Some big country town. Jackson, Mobile, Montgomery places like that. Yes as a conference together we would be building a dome stadium for not just football, basketball as well. No white people included unless there affiliated with the Swac. 40,000 seat capacity with the opportunity to have indoor track and field in the future. The reason why i said big country places because there's nothing else going on there. It would get the full support from the town. Marketing it would be fairly easy in places like those.
Why you wanna call Jackson country?

Jackson gave my homeboy from BTW a heart attack when he was mayor.

I love that idea but black folks have never gotten along well enough to pull it off. That would be perfect for us though!

Are y’all counting actual people in the stands or tickets sold? If y’all are putting 15,000 butts in the seats with new facilities someone needs to explain why y’all not competing in the SWAC.

All ASU sports are winning titles except football and hoops. I have said time and time again that if ASU ever got a good football coach and left him alone, they would be hell on the SWAC. Same for AAMU.

Its hard for HBCUs in Alabama to stay consistent. Too much petty politics. Spady ended up in Huntsville over dumb, political n-word shyt and the same mess is what tripped up Jenkins at ASU

How about all 10 Swac schools fan bases come together with money and build our own stadium for the championship at our pick of location.

Because this doesn’t make any sense. If the average cost for a new stadium is over 20,000,000. Why would we build a stadium just to play one game a year? Why would each school pay 2,000,000. For a stadium we may never play in?

All ASU sports are winning titles except football and hoops. I have said time and time again that if ASU ever got a good football coach and left him alone, they would be hell on the SWAC. Same for AAMU.

For ASU not to compete in football or basketball doesn’t make any sense. At TSU (football) we just got off probation. Our football practice field, locker room, and weight room are not up to par. I think we can compete playing at the soccer stadium. Unlike other schools we are land locked. It would cost us half a million to a million just for the land.

For ASU not to compete in football or basketball doesn’t make any sense. At TSU (football) we just got off probation. Our football practice field, locker room, and weight room are not up to par. I think we can compete playing at the soccer stadium. Unlike other schools we are land locked. It would cost us half a million to a million just for the land.

Structures don't win football games. Good coaches and good players do...and good players dont sign to play for subpar coaches.

The SWACs biggest nightmare is ASU pulling an Alcorn or a Howard and hiring an outsider and letting him do his job

Back