New SWAC Commissioner

Structures don't win football games. Good coaches and good players do...and good players dont sign to play for subpar coaches.

The SWACs biggest nightmare is ASU pulling an Alcorn or a Howard and hiring an outsider and letting him do his job

Facilities may not win football games, but they help recruit good football players.

I think it would be way more than that for the land especially with the gentrification going on in third ward. I hope TxSo is doing like HBU and buying up the surrounding areas. If not, the cost is going to skyrocketing with the rebranding of the city that’s already taking place.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Because this doesn’t make any sense. If the average cost for a new stadium is over 20,000,000. Why would we build a stadium just to play one game a year? Why would each school pay 2,000,000. For a stadium we may never play in?
We could use the facility NOT just for football but for Swac other activities dealing with the conference.

Lol... I'm sorry to hear about that. Frank Melton had some great ideas about Jackson. But for a better term " some market places".
Frank's father taught auto mechanics at BTW. F
LOL!!

Your homeboy was an alleged big time drug dealer and alleged child abuser.
A lot of people didn't mourn his death either.
Now back to the topic at hand.
Alledged...is the operative word. He was probably no nonsense like his father and Jack town had issues with that.

Facilities may not win football games, but they help recruit good football players.
As much I hate to admit it this statement is on point. We will play for a PWI that has a one sided stadium and double wide trailors for locker rooms before coming to an HBCU.

Last edited:
Frank's father taught auto mechanics at BTW. F

Alledged...is the operative word. He was probably no nonsense like his father and Jack town had issues with that.

I put the word "alleged" in there, but many others have said otherwise about Melton.
Any how, back to the subject at hand.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Some big country town. Jackson, Mobile, Montgomery places like that. Yes as a conference together we would be building a dome stadium for not just football, basketball as well. No white people included unless there affiliated with the Swac. 40,000 seat capacity with the opportunity to have indoor track and field in the future. The reason why i said big country places because there's nothing else going on there. It would get the full support from the town. Marketing it would be fairly easy in places like those.
Well if that's the case Baton Rouge should definitely be on the list.

Back