New SWAC Commissioner

I was about to say this. An outsider from the Big 10 got this conference to where it is right now.

Sharp did nothing in the Big Ten but play football at Wisconsin. LOL. Wasn't like he was an up and coming Big Ten Office guy. LOL. He was a yes man in the conference and that's why he left. He wasn't valued as some star administrative guy. And how hard was it to do your job in the Big Ten with all the resources at his disposal. If he was great. You don't leave for the SWAC. At the very least he could have gotten a job in another PWC conference. That speaks volumes of what they (Big Ten) really thought of Duer.

He will probably bring in a conference compliance officer who has been out of the compliance business for 5 or more years and make them the highest paid compliance officer in the NCAA. Then negotiate a media deal with a network that hasn't broadcast a signal in 5+ years....... And some people will think both are good ideas and encourage others to trust in the conference. :running out of here emoji:
So you didn't like the compliance improvements nor the Root Sports / AT&T SW deal? Elaborate.

They shole liked it when they signed the deal. That's all they bragged about back then.

Right. Minimal sTu monetary investment coupled w/ added required notoriety and acceptance by the greater Houston area prior to it being funded to being built, correct? It was a strategic move that served all parties.

weren’t the other sports competitive and somewhat dominant lately?
The other sports have been very good, but football dominates the swac and in TX.

I believe Dr. Mc did a good job at Texas Southern; he earned his pay check. Now did TSU get more than what they were paying for? That's debatable! We all have areas for growth Dr. Mc has some too.
I'm happy to see Dr. Mc advance in his chosen career field. I wish him nothing but the best.

Last edited:
Some of us aren't "the rest of the SWAC." I enjoyed the venue but HATE the parking situation. smh
Yeah, parking is a biatch. They have built a yuppie condo or whatever they are called right across the street from BBVA/Tiger Stadium. Some of us have worked around that though.

Yeah, parking is a biatch. They have built a yuppie condo or whatever they are called right across the street from BBVA/Tiger Stadium. Some of us have worked around that though.
I thought we had to purchase a condo just to have a close parking space. Nothing like a 425,000$ investment, just to park close smh.

Back