Your next American Idol prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmeriKKKa has spoken. It doesn't matter how much talent you got...they will not let another black person win AI. This show is bogus if you ask me. There is no way in hell Hawaiian Punch should still be on the show. She was terrible the other night and SHE knew it. Latoya was eliminated last night as a ploy to get Miss Piggy in there to win. Had Jasmine left, they couldn't justify letting Miss Piggy beat the Divas.

Latoya is gonna be aight though. The girl WILL get a contract.

SU's Finest '93 said:
oh, ok...I was told that Donna didn't have any good words for her either, like she did the other contestants.

Donna Summer was very polite to them all when she should have riped Hawiaain Punches head off. :lol: The girl is cute, but she can't sang well enough to be America's Top. not...shole ain't. :lol:

Last night was a travesty and a shamm and a mockery. It was a TRAVESHAMMOCKERY !! :hat:

I however do not think the show is rigged. I think that this show is one of the best on television in the last 10 years. I would like to see it continue.

However,

The voting system needs to be changed. Instead of voting for your favorite performer, the votes should be cast for who you think should go.

I believe in the general good nature of people. It's easy to vote 100 times for you favorite. There's nothing dishonest or mean or hateful about that. But it's not so easy for a good natured person to vote off someone they know is truly deserving. Most people have a concious and it would eat away at it to intentionally sabotague someone who you know is a talent.

If the voting had been handled this way, Latoya would be performing again Tuesday.

Even if Hawaii voted(5 times), it is only one state. I doubt that 49 other states voted to keep her there(but I guess they did). Something's fishy going on.

This was taken from USATODAY
Jasmine Trias totally lost it on Tuesday's American Idol disco night. Not just the competition, although nothing short of a continental power blackout should be able to keep her from being voted out, but her composure as well. After her second performance of the night, a valiant but overmatched attempt to sing the Weather Girls' vocal extravaganza It's Raining Men, she got negative notices from all four judges (including guest judge Donna Summer and even Pollyanna Paula), and then couldn't get a word out for sobs when host Ryan Seacrest asked her if it had been a tough song to sing.

DonTiger said:
I
However,

The voting system needs to be changed. Instead of voting for your favorite performer, the votes should be cast for who you think should go.
How is voting this way going to be any different?

All I know is that as cute as Jasmine is, she knows she should go home. She should be in Maui, as we type!

NN: What do you think of LaToya being gone?

If Dianna and Fantasia are the last two standing, I'll say it is fair. Otherwise, I just can not fathom what folks were hearing when they voted for Jasmine....

jelli said:
How is voting this way going to be any different?

Because it appeals to one's concious. YOu have to actively hate on someone to get them voted off instead good heartedly voting 100 times to keep you favorite on board.

Like I said, I beleive in the general good nature of people and you must admit that any fair honest and decent person would not have picked that phone up Tuesday night and voted Latoya off.

J4J said:
To me, that just means there are double the white votes who would vote off the black even if they could sing.

I disagree,
There are no Lilly Whites left in the competition. Even Diana has an Italian/ Portuguese look to her. I think it's because even white people (especially the soccer moms and young teenage girls that watch this show) have a good nature about them inside. They couldn't even bring themselves to keep the Red-head in the competition any longer. And if there was prejudice involved, the racist white folks I've come in contact with aint got no love for a mongolian island girl with dark skin and a nose as wide as mine.

I think it takes a special kind of hateful person to do something dishonest just to hate on an innocent person who is deserving of a chance. I don't think those are the kind of people, white or otherwise, that watch this show and vote.

I thought that some people just didn't like her look. Diana is loud too. She's just goofy acting...like a teenager. :)

The voting system should NOT exist at all. It should be just like America's Top Model. There should be professional judges voting, not the public. The public is NEVER going to select true talent....they'll only vote for their favorite, whether they can sing or not. This show shouldn't even air another season. :smh:

amethyst08 said:
Donna Summer didn't dog that girl. She gave everybody praises on their performances.

huh? what were you watching.

Donna told the TRUTH!!!!!

Best believe that girl Diana is going to win.

J4J said:
Don Tiger: Do you think LaToya simply didn't get enough votes because more people liked Jasmine?

I think that Hawaii voted 100 times a piece and she got more of the 16 year old white girl vote than Latoyo or Fantasia. I think that (just as in politics) blacks don't actively vote in large numbers. I think the ones that do probably don't vote for both of the singers, only there choice. *ell even on this board you have your Fantasia supporters and your Latoya supporters.

In short, I think Jasmine and Diana got a unified majority to pull for them. I think Fantasia got more white voters to pull for her and that was the difference last night.

I still say all these issues and voting scenerios would not exist if you voted off the person instead of being able to vote 100 times for someone you like.

The show is not racist and the show is not rigged. I knew this was going to happen. When Jennifer got booted off...black folks got off their asses and voted. The week that Jennifer left, all of the blacks were in the bottom. I told my wife then that black would vote the next week and they did. But I also told her that they would stop voting after that. Fantasia will win because black folk are going to vote this week becasue of what happened and they will vote for the finale because of the hype. We are the same way when it comes to going to the polls. Black folk can't wait for November to try to vote Bush out but they won't vote after that.

MLK send help!!

Only 11-12% of America is black so.....

Tigerpride: You're right. She is pulling white votes too.

I don't vote for only one candidate. I vote my favorites. My fave has been Fantasia hands down. Even so, I voted for both Fantasia and LaToya and George and Jennifer and even Jasmine in the begging. The only one I did not vote for was red head. I just didn't enjoy his singing. Jasmine can sing but she was not good this week.

BandFan said:
huh? what were you watching.

Donna told the TRUTH!!!!!

Best believe that girl Diana is going to win.

Compared to the regular judges, Donna did praise them when she shoula been saying the same thing Simon said. She didn't say what she shoulda said to Hawaiian Punch.

DonTiger said:
I still say all these issues and voting scenerios would not exist if you voted off the person instead of being able to vote 100 times for someone you like.

People are not going to vote like that. My wife votes every week but she would never pick up a phone to vote someone off. The system may just need some fine tuning. People calling in makes them a part of the show. That needs to remain the same. What needs to happen is that no household should get more than 2 votes and no cell phone should be allowed more than 1 vote. Or you could keep things how they are BUT hire some professional judges that would count for 20-25% of the vote, Paula, Simon, and that ghetto dude can account for 20-25% and the fans could count for 50-60%.

We have to keep America involved.

Tigerpride said:
People are not going to vote like that. My wife votes every week but she would never pick up a phone to vote someone off. The system may just need some fine tuning. People calling in makes them a part of the show. That needs to remain the same. What needs to happen is that no household should get more than 2 votes and no cell phone should be allowed more than 1 vote. Or you could keep things how they are BUT hire some professional judges that would count for 20-25% of the vote, Paula, Simon, and that ghetto dude can account for 20-25% and the fans could count for 50-60%.

We have to keep America involved.

Yo' TP, where you been. I been stingin' the *ell outta you on the SMACK board.

I see we have the same view but with different ideas on how effective it can be. We seem to agree that folks are not just gonna vote off someone for malice or racism. You just think that folks wont vote at all if they are forced to hate on someone. I can see your point on that but I still don't see a more effective way to accurately take votes for the BEST PERFORMER rather than the most popular

DonTiger said:
Yo' TP, where you been. I been stingin' the *ell outta you on the SMACK board.

I have been out of town on business for the past week but also, keep in mind that if the smack ain't good, I don't respond. :D

It's a priviledge to smack with TP.

But back to American Idol........we don't have many choices but I do think that the logical thing would to keep the fans involved but also take away some of their power with good sound judgement. Sometimes you just have to get a happy medium. I don't think that the current setup can be described as such. For example when I was at JSU, Miss JSU was a total popularity contest and the pageant was just to showcase the participants. Since then, the Miss JSU pageant narrows the contestants down to three and the students get to vote from there. So now, more than being pretty and popluar matters. Of course, that system has flaws but at least more people are happy because the contestants are also professionally judged.

Depending on how many votes separated the contestants, letting 40% of the vote be controlled by professionals, could make a huge difference.

Well what do ya'll think about this,

Did any of you watch "Dream Job" on ESPN where they were competing for a spot as an ESPN anchor? Well the way that worked was each of the 4 Judges got a vote for who should go and America got a vote. The contestant with the most votes got booted.

That did not make any sense what so ever. People saw Jasmine crying and the sissy came out in people because they felt sorry for her. She is nice looking and all but she does not need to be in the top three. I think if Fantasia and Diana are not the final two that might be my last episode.

Doesn't this look like Fantasia? :lol:
TT_-_Plucky_300.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back