Out of Conference Future Football Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will it take to get a FAMU v. AAMU matchup? The two teams haven’t played since the 70s. I think this would be a great matchup and game day atmosphere.

I thought SU had already gone back to McNeese.

The game is barely going to make the SU payout in profit. Im surprised they kicking out that much and why the band have to stay? How far of a trip is that?
Because they are going to Houston that SUnday lol.

Looking back, well actually forward PVAMU will be playing at least 2 teams from the Southland in 2021, 2022 & 2023 as they added Houston Baptist with a home and home in 2021 & 2022. It is a perfect recipe with the 8 game Swac schedule and just add a money game.

2021 - HBU, @ Incarnate Word
2022 - @ Abilene Christian, Incarnate Word
2023 - @HBU, Abilene Christian

Tigerpride, I don’t understand the question. FAMU has played Fort Valley State and Tuskegee recently, and they are Div II schools, so why not? Plus, AAMU would bring more competition than JSU at this point.

if i could do it I would put AAMU vs FAMU in Mobile or Chicago for a classic..

Our home game vs SU in 2020 will probably be at our home in Mobile for the Challenge but it would do well in Chicago or Indy again as well

Tigerpride, I don’t understand the question. FAMU has played Fort Valley State and Tuskegee recently, and they are Div II schools, so why not? Plus, AAMU would bring more competition than JSU at this point.

I'm sorry we won our last two meetings against famu 2015 and 2018... bad coaches and all , or are you blind to the record book? My god football season hurry up yall need to realize JSU is not staying down too much longer ask ASU and PV about how much "competition" we are... the fact we were in competition to still represent the east down to the alcorn game would mean....... yeah we're competitive... @atl hornet get yall little brother smh

Last edited:
I'm sorry we won our last two meetings against famu 2015 and 2018... bad coaches and all , or are you blind to the record book? My god football season hurry up yall need to realize JSU is not staying down too much longer ask ASU and PV about how much "competition" we are... the fact we were in competition to still represent the east down to the alcorn game would mean....... yeah we're competitive... @atl hornet get yall little brother smh

I believe the next few years the east will be competitive between Alcorn, AAMU & JSU. I am not totally sure about JSU yet and will have to look a little closer next season, but AAMU is on the rise and Alcorn is......Alcorn. I don't have much confidence in Bama State. I believe Bama State better look out for MVSU......

Looking back, well actually forward PVAMU will be playing at least 2 teams from the Southland in 2021, 2022 & 2023 as they added Houston Baptist with a home and home in 2021 & 2022. It is a perfect recipe with the 8 game Swac schedule and just add a money game.

2021 - HBU, @ Incarnate Word
2022 - @ Abilene Christian, Incarnate Word
2023 - @HBU, Abilene Christian

I can do without the HBU series but I'm looking forward to the ACU games

Bruh they delusional if they think anybody outside of Alabama would put gas in a vehicle to come see them.
They definitely won't come to see us play JSU. Gamegoers want to see a useful, competitive contest. They already know how big the beatdown we put on JSU will be.

They definitely won't come to see us play JSU. Gamegoers want to see a useful, competitive contest. They already know how big the beatdown we put on JSU will be.

and what is our record at your lil tiny stadium. Make it makes sense... smh

I agree.
AAMU wouldn’t bring a crowd to Tallahassee like we did in 08 & like SU will later on this season

I doubt many went just to see ASU play, but probably went just to go to a different city. ASU scored only 2 points against a team as bad as JSU. That won't draw flies.

I doubt many went just to see ASU play, but probably went just to go to a different city. ASU scored only 2 points against a team as bad as JSU. That won't draw flies.

bro this is HBCU football. People went that year to see the bands, along with the football team. We had 300 people in our band that year and people wanted to see us go against FAMU.

AAMU doesnt move the needle in regards to football or band, so the crowd wont be as big.

bro this is HBCU football. People went that year to see the bands, along with the football team. We had 300 people in our band that year and people wanted to see us go against FAMU.

AAMU doesnt move the needle in regards to football or band, so the crowd wont be as big.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to see Bama State band....LOL

I can't imagine anyone wanting to see Bama State band....LOL
There was a time when i'd say people did, back when I was there they actually sounded pretty good and the arrangements were solid, but that was under chapman so... this was 99/00. I honestly am surprised that their alumni haven't been screaming to get Oliver out of there. Last time I saw them in person was against Miles and it was kinda shameful how much better Miles sounded. Hell why haven't they tried to get Miles band director??? Or even the guy over at Stillman. Most embarrassing thing ive ever seen band wise was a few years back, don't even remember what year it was but Southern came to their stadium. And I mean from pregame, it was just bad all the way until the end. Even the alumni started turning on them.

Edit, found a clip on youtube of the game im talkin about. Watch the alumni to the right lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8c98WjQSgc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back