Out of Conference Future Football Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no reason to play them. Our game with them is not that profitable. Just better to schedule a money game with major FBS. We already have a competitive FCS game with UNA.

Jax State brought a nice crowd to Montgomery the last time we played them. Personally, I wish we played them, Samford, and UNA every year instead of prostituting ourselves out for FBS paydays.

Jax State brought a nice crowd to Montgomery the last time we played them. Personally, I wish we played them, Samford, and UNA every year instead of prostituting ourselves out for FBS paydays.

This was just their first time playing Bama State here. Have a continuous series with them and I think there will be a fall-off. In addition, they are still angry because we cancelled a game with them and played TNSU in the Merritt Classic. The few fans they would bring is not worth the problem dealing with them.

Nicholls @ PV Sept. 14

This is actually the back end of our home and home deal with them. We went there in 2017.

We know 3 of our OOC games next season, hopefully we'll get 2 more soon to finish our schedule and not just sit on 10 or 11. Do the full 12 game schedule.

How are you going to finance your athletic teams without such paydays? Give them the choice of playing major FBS for pay or playing you and they will opt for the money.

How are you going to finance your athletic teams without such paydays? Give them the choice of playing major FBS for pay or playing you and they will opt for the money.

Chicken or egg?? Building a winning program will make up for the FBS payouts. A losing program cost you contributions from alums and season ticket sales. See Savannah State.

Chicken or egg?? Building a winning program will make up for the FBS payouts. A losing program cost you contributions from alums and season ticket sales. See Savannah State.
Savannah State was losing within the conference also. Winning no more than 1 game a year for 6 straight seasons is what did SSU in. Not losing games they were supposed to lose.

The purpose of playing money games was to infuse the program with enough money to turn it into a winning program. It is unlikely that you can turn a losing program into a winner without the big paydays. We all have struggling or losing programs now and trying to change that. But alumni contributions and tickets sales are not enough to do it. If they were, we would have winning programs now. If we have to win before we get the contributions and ticket sales, where are we going to get the money necessary to win? The honest truth is that even after you win, you will have to play money games to stay competitive with other teams in FCS. All the successful FCS and lower FBS teams with small student enrollments and limited contributions still play money games to help the budgets. Example: Jacksonville State and Troy still play those games. Contributions and ticket sales will rarely be enough to make HBCU schools competitive outside their conferences.

I could not agree more.

Reactions: J C
Florida A&M and Grambling State are being considered for a season-opening matchup in the 2020 MEAC-SWAC Challenge, which is played annually over Labor Day Weekend, according to a source who would be involved in the game.

The two tradition-rich programs, who have combined for 27 black college national championships, enjoyed their greatest success under legendary coaches A.S. "Jake" Gaither of Florida A&M and Eddie Robinson of Grambling. They haven't met since 2001, when Grambling won 12-10 to improve to 10-5 in the all-time series.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190124104141266980804&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Texas Southern

9/7 @ Incarnate World

9/28 @ Houston Baptist

Looks like we will either play TxSU on October 5 (HC?), October 26 (HC? but I hope not) or November 9 because other dates are filled

I know them from folks absolutely would NOT play ASU! UA was flat out scared of them Red Wolves! I’ll never forget seeing those shirts when we played them (ASU) back a few years ago.

“At least this U of A isn’t scared of us!” U of A was stripped black and gold!

I noticed UA wouldn’t play UCA either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back