Alcorn State to the West...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been on the board lately so I'll add my two cents. Say the conference elect no permanent rival, but allow you to play a team not part of the conference schedule that year...only if it's a netural site/ Classic game. That way your fans still get to play your rival, and the school makes some money. Some of the propose sites just to name a few, Atlanta Classic, Chicago Classic, Shreveport, Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas, Los Andeles, etc. Jackson State been playing Tenn St for years in Memphis. Also it will help some of the schools in the conference with their scheduling. Just my 2 cents.

also if done correct we won’t have to pimp our players and have injuries that puncture the swac’s quality of play from these damn pwi's. You might be on to something there.

Man my Jags, Alcorn, and Grambling will beat up on each other annually. Honestly i don't see nobody in the conference winning but those three.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
also if done correct we won’t have to pimp our players and have injuries that puncture the swac’s quality of play from these damn pwi's. You might be on to something there.

My PV folks please stop reading right here.

What’s gonna stop PV from competing? What do they need they don’t already have?

Crootin’ gonna be interesting as hell. Florida opens up to more of the conference schools while the Mississippi jucos and Texas opens up to the Florida schools.
BCU has been recruiting Mississippi very hard for the past 2 years. Not sure about Texas. We were scheduled to play Tarleton State this year and played North Texas last year. Plus our corach...lol...was at Texas Southern for a minute.

No way I would sleep on PV. I believe TSU and UAPB will be vastly improvced.

I'll say it again.....If you come to the stadium half stepping against AAMU or PVU, they will beat you. I also believe that both programs have found good coaches. I don't mention a few other teams because they are not as consistent as the two I mentioned from my vanish point anyway {overall}. (I don't think it necessary to mention Gram S.U. & Alcorn). Folks think consistent winning comes easy but it doesn't.......LOL

You have to realize who you're talking to. That guy is stuck somewhere in the '70s or '80s. In the last 30 years, Alcorn has been superior to Jsu in terms of football conference championships.....LOL

SWAC Football Champions last 30 years (Since 1990):

1) Grambling 8.5 (Grambling and Alcorn shared the title in 1994)
2) Southern 6
3) Alcorn 5.5
4) Jackson State 4
5) Alabama State 2
6T) AAMU, PV & UAPB 1
(1 missing TXSU vacated)

That 6T AAMU, PV, and UAPB should be 3.333 each

I don't care who they pick for the West. Now we know it's Alcorn, Odums better start winning, because if Alcorn is our stumbling block to get out the west he will not be at SU that long.

True that! Although I do acknowledge that Odums has been winning.

Last edited:
Wonder how does it feel not to have been invited at all! Sorry, no pics available except for stands pics!
Ah yes, “The well least we made it and you didn’t” smack is cool and all but there’s one flaw ..., and let’s be real shall we , in the past you only had to beat Grambling to get to the ship... SWAC West has been a utter joke for sometime now no offense to the other schools because I acknowledge the progress of up and coming winning football ... In comes Alcorn ... East is coming up, Florida schools coming in, but that stance sounds like satisfaction... what have you done in your football prime at SU but come up short and talk smack just to not hoist a SWAC title since 2013... JSU is rebuilding from bad management/coaching/QB play and has still been in the mix the last two years ... the mirrors on your program the beginning of a slow regression is in yalls future ... 7-5 and a SWAC west birth may not be good enough anymore... Get your coaching search going now... and remember I said this... nobody remembers 2nd place... you’ve been warned.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'll say it again.....If you come to the stadium half stepping against AAMU or PVU, they will beat you. I also believe that both programs have found good coaches. I don't mention a few other teams because they are not as consistent as the two I mentioned from my vanish point anyway {overall}. (I don't think it necessary to mention Gram S.U. & Alcorn). Folks think consistent winning comes easy but it doesn't.......LOL

You have to be able to score a lot of points OR your defense has to be lights out when playing Maynor. He likes shoot outs. We haven't seen PV in a good while.\, so I can't go off of that shell shockin' we put on the in Otown.

Haven't been on the board lately so I'll add my two cents. Say the conference elect no permanent rival, but allow you to play a team not part of the conference schedule that year...only if it's a netural site/ Classic game. That way your fans still get to play your rival, and the school makes some money. Some of the propose sites just to name a few, Atlanta Classic, Chicago Classic, Shreveport, Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas, Los Andeles, etc. Jackson State been playing Tenn St for years in Memphis. Also it will help some of the schools in the conference with their scheduling. Just my 2 cents.

Welcome back Bg Jag! Good to see you on here! To take Bg's suggestion a bit further, say if Jackson rolls off SU's schedule, then those schools could still play as a non-conference game at the home stadium of the school whose turn it is to host, or at a neutral site of that team's choosing.

You have to be able to score a lot of points OR your defense has to be lights out when playing Maynor. He likes shot outs. We haven't seen PV in a good while.\, so I can't go off of that shell shockin' we put on the in Otown.

PV has a new coach who is from New Orleans originally. He had coaching stints at Grambling and S.U. under the great Pete Richardson (UAPB I think as well). He (IMHO) is a great offensive mind as well. PV's Achilles currently is their defense. If they get that together, they will be "a problem." LOL

how did they have a cakewalk... they were a TOE away from not being champs last year.

They did have a cakewalk. Their rise coincided with AlaState and JSU destroying our programs. Neither has recovered til this day. Had they never hired Chris Brown as President, the EAST champ would have been sorry af the last 5-6 years. Hell, Alcorn had a losing record just two years. Nobody wants to talk about that tho... LOL ...and they STILL won the EAST.

Im not against the idea but I think it should be coordinated by the SWAC and get some TV deals in place to help with exposure and pay out to make it worthwhile. I remember when the CCC used to be packed but they cant afford to pay two good teams now.

Im not against the idea but I think it should be coordinated by the SWAC and get some TV deals in place to help with exposure and pay out to make it worthwhile. I remember when the CCC used to be packed but they cant afford to pay two good teams now.

I’m aiming for the SWAC network TP. I can see it over the next 10 years... time to make our own table and exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back