Alcorn State to the West...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess y’all are alright.

AAMU tho
tenor.gif

Only Alright? Come on man, give us our just due! Add to our athletic superiority the fact that we have the greatest, most dynamic marching band of all time, and it becomes clear that we are still on the mountaintop.

I didn't know Grambling never won the SWAC in basketball

They've been regular season champions, but never the tournament champs which really counts. They've never won the SWAC Tournament since its inception in 1978 or been to the NCAA Tournament since a SWAC school started participating in it in 1980.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ummm you know SU has the best baseball and basketball program historically in the SWAC And we are #2 historically in football.
I wouldn't say #2 in football All-Time for the SWAC. SU is an HBCU Blue Blood for sure but they did have a hell of a head start over Grambling and JSU for SWAC titles. Since Grambling and JSU have joined the SWAC, SU has 9 in that time frame. Grambling has 26 and JSU has 16. Me personally SU is 3rd.

I wouldn't say #2 in football All-Time for the SWAC. SU is an HBCU Blue Blood for sure but they did have a hell of a head start over Grambling and JSU for SWAC titles. Since Grambling and JSU have joined the SWAC, SU has 9 in that time frame. Grambling has 26 and JSU has 16. Me personally SU is 3rd.
Please! 3rd? We've beaten yall in every championship known to man, plus y'all avoided us for 30 years after the first meeting back in 1929. Remember 98-0? And we own yall in football. Please ask every school who more known in football Southern or j st. Don't give me a j st backwards answer.

Yeah but prior to you all joining the SWAC, you weren't good or strong enough. It is not S.U.'s fault that you all had a slow starts and had to climb up a hill to get to our level....

Yeah but prior to you all joining the SWAC, you weren't good or strong enough. It is not S.U.'s fault that you all had a slow starts and had to climb up a hill to get to our level....
JSU has more SWAC titles than SU since joining. SU has titles dating back to the 30's for the SWAC is what i'm saying. JSU didn't join until 58. 20 year head start. It's no hate my way, just my opinion.

Please! 3rd? We've beaten yall in every championship known to man, plus y'all avoided us for 30 years after the first meeting back in 1929. Remember 98-0? And we own yall in football. Please ask every school who more known in football Southern or j st. Don't give me a j st backwards answer.
You gone run your blood pressure up lol. It's too early. That's just my opinion.

JSU has more SWAC titles than SU since joining. SU has titles dating back to the 30's for the SWAC is what i'm saying. JSU didn't join until 58. 20 year head start. It's no hate my way, just my opinion.
Y'all haven't done what Grambling has done. Both of yall came into the conference the same year. Y'all will never surpass us.

I don't believe it's hate (pretty sure I didn't say that). There is a reason Jsu is behind in the series. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I certainly don't fault you for that. (I believe Jsu caught up in the series in the 80's and their behind yet again).

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And we own them too.

Not many HBCUs can claim that over Grambling, but us. Historically, all three of our major sports (football, basketball, and baseball) have always been in the conversation of greatness and we can throw in track for good measure with two Olympic Gold Medalists in track and field.

Sorry, but Bama State does NOT have a longer history than S.U./FAMU. Bama State has played FAMU 39 (18-18-3) times. In 2019 S.U. played FAMU 64 times.

In fact, if you were to poll the FAMU faithful, I'm certain they would look with anticipation to a FAMU-SU matchup much more so than a FAMU-ASU matchup, although you guys are only 206 miles apart.

Last edited:
Not many HBCUs can claim that over Grambling, but us. Historically, all three of our major sports (football, basketball, and baseball) have always been in the conversation of greatness and we can throw in track for good measure with two Olympic Gold Medalists in track and field.

When all major sports (football, men & women basketball, baseball, & track-n-field) are considered together, SU may very well, and I have not done the research, be the most storied SWAC athletic program of all time. Hey! It's tuff on the bluff!

The two institutions have a longer history (SIAC) than other SWAC schools.

Where did you get your info from, considering that SU comes close to doubling ASU in games played against FAMU? Now as for BCU your statement might bear some semblence of accuracy.

Last edited:
When all sports (football, men & women basketball, baseball, & track-n-field) are considered together, SU may very well, and I have not done the research, be the most storied SWAC athletic program of all time. Hey! It's tuff on the bluff!

If I had to set it at tiers, I would say Southern & Jackson State would be Tier I. Tier II would be Grambling, Texas Southern & Alcorn (no necessary order). Everyone else would be Tier III or below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back