2017 MEAC/SWAC Challenge Halftime

Just like TCU did y'all last week. Good thing is we didn't end up on ESPN. 0-2 asses.....

TnSU beat y'all 13 out of the last 15 times y'all played and your band got embarrassed too. You should call yourselves Toby instead of the Tigers.
This is the band board dude. Go over there if you wanna talk sports.
By the way, did yall wear your 'new" uniforms or those same shorts and shirts? Just asking.:snicker:

Your school is the one with broke down air conditioners, cracked sidewalks, crashing ceilings and molded buildings. Need I say more?

A school that goes from dreaming about having its own practice field next to its domed stadium for its 400-plus piece band to trying to maintain an 160 piece band in less than 5 years. Now you see why people are calling your school Delusional State University.

This is the band board dude. Go over there if you wanna talk sports.
By the way, did yall wear your 'new" uniforms or those same shorts and shirts? Just asking.:snicker:
Looks like you should have been paying more attention to the Boom than about our attire. TNSU tore them a new one. JSU can't compete with top tier bands until they get better arrangers. That Love Galore, Side to Side, and Doing Just Fine were slaw at best. lol

Looks like you should have been paying more attention to the Boom than about our attire. TNSU tore them a new one. JSU can't compete with top tier bands until they get better arrangers. That Love Galore, Side to Side, and Doing Just Fine were slaw at best. lol
I didn't vote The BOOM number one in the nation, the people did. Your opinion means nil.

A school that goes from dreaming about having its own practice field next to its domed stadium for its 400-plus piece band to trying to maintain an 160 piece band in less than 5 years. Now you see why people are calling your school Delusional State University.
And our infrastructure is still light years ahead of southern's. You're an engineer and you know I'm right.

Yeap, the same people that said Miles College was better than J-Skate in Charlotte. lol
Charlotte has nothing to do with a national poll. It has to do with one or two events and doesn't mean anything. Show me some national rankings by a credible poll and then we'll talk.

Last edited:
How many? 10? Post how many folks said that and back it up with evidence.
2017-QCBOTB-final.png

https://hbcusports.com/2017/08/31/p...lege-won-2017-queen-city-battle-of-the-bands/

Dude, why you gotta lie and make like JSU was the only school involved? Tenn. State, Bama State, Bethune, Norfolk State and others performed too. So overall, Miles is better than all of those schools as well? Not by a long shot.

And our infrastructure is still light years ahead of southern's. You're an engineer and you know I'm right.

Both JSU and Southern are located in areas where the MAIN municipal infrastructures (water, sewer, gas, electricity, roads, drainage, communication lines, etc.) are old and outdated. Just because JSU had a few extra cans of paints doesn't mean its infrastructure is light years ahead of another HBCU's infrastructure. Before JSU could build a 50k seat domed stadium, it would have taken a few $100 million just to upgrade the infrastructure around it in order to support that type of facility and the City of Jackson definitely doesn't have that kind of money to spend. You really need to become more political savvy and understand how things (the important things) really work and stop attacking other Black folks in order to make yourself look good.

Last edited:
He loves SU! I read the majority of these comments and I couldn't find any critiques of the actual fieldshow. The uniform debate is laughable. Doc did it all the time. Mr. J did it. Haymer did it.

Meanwhile JSU struggling once again with these wack arrangements, elementary field shows, along with a laundry list of problems. The Boom has been unstable since Liddell left in 2008. They need to get on one accord on Lynch street. They made fun of SU band in recent years and now they charging $5 to see THEE MERGE, probably their biggest fundraiser LMAO. It looks like y'all need to get off these boards and help them students get registered! I look forward to seeing more fundraising initiatives from JSU in the future! Take notes from your daddy.

Exactly. On EVERY SU thread you can find ole jayrob. He should change his scream name to Momma Jag because we can always count on him to SUpport.

He loves SU! I read the majority of these comments and I couldn't find any critiques of the actual fieldshow. The uniform debate is laughable. Doc did it all the time. Mr. J did it. Haymer did it.

Meanwhile JSU struggling once again with these wack arrangements, elementary field shows, along with a laundry list of problems. The Boom has been unstable since Liddell left in 2008. They need to get on one accord on Lynch street. They made fun of SU band in recent years and now they charging $5 to see THEE MERGE, probably their biggest fundraiser LMAO. It looks like y'all need to get off these boards and help them students get registered! I look forward to seeing more fundraising initiatives from JSU in the future! Take notes from your daddy.
Did Gregg shuck and jive with them white folks? Just asking.

Dude, why you gotta lie and make like JSU was the only school involved? Tenn. State, Bama State, Bethune, Norfolk State and others performed too. So overall, Miles is better than all of those schools as well? Not by a long shot.
I'm lieing? The article and poll is listed above that said that voters picked Miles as the best band, which means they thought they were better than J-Skate. No different than that pre-season poll (HBCUSports too) that had JSU picked as No.1. You can't have it both ways dude.

I'm lieing? The article and poll is listed above that said that voters picked Miles as the best band, which means they thought they were better than J-Skate. No different than that pre-season poll (HBCUSports too) that had JSU picked as No.1. You can't have it both ways dude.

I posted another pre-season poll that had them ranked as 4th. Looks like they were being kind.

I'll ask again. Did Greggs shuck and jive with them folks. Yall took Grambling to task and laughed at them over and over, now you wanna be quiet as a church mouse.

You should know Momma Jag. You tell us!

And who shucked and jived??? All they did was play America the Beautiful (Our arrangement of it).

There were six other schools and you're intentionally singling out one school to try and prove your point. Name the other six schools.

There were six other schools and you're intentionally singling out one school to try and prove your point. Name the other six schools.

No need to name the other schools! This is about y'all and according to that poll y'all ain't even in the top 4. *snicker*

You should know Momma Jag. You tell us!
So you're afraid to answer the question? Never mind. Your silence speaks volumes.
Haymer....shuckin and jivin with folks who voted overwhelmingly for Trump and a racist state flag.
You see they never asked JSU or Alcorn to do that cause they knew it wouldn't happen.

No need to name the other schools! This is about y'all and according to that poll y'all ain't even in the top 4. *snicker*
Why not name them? They were part of the same battle of the bands. Come on and name those other schools. What are you afraid of?

Back