2017 MEAC/SWAC Challenge Halftime

And they have literally STOLE a page from Texas Southern's playbook when TSU visited Tokyo.
Hey J89, I'm still waiting on your evidence. Where's the news clippings like TSU had? If you can't prove it, guess what? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! You're an engineer and believe in science, so you damn well understand the term "evidence over theory".

Lol. Well the Bruno Mars song is already going viral and BM, has given it two thumbs out.

And please stop with this old juke new juke.. Haymer is doing great things at SU. MARKETING, new band uniforms, larger budget, I mean what else you want for the guy..
Your own folks talk about what it was like under Doc versus what it's like now under Haymer. You need to talk to them first.

Look genius(not)...it was too hot to wear that 5 piece wool uniform...period! If they would have worn them
then you would have bitchin and moaning about that. As far as "proper"...your opinion does NOT matter.
Far too many folks were carried out of the stadium due to the heat...this was the right call.

As to why scst wore their unis, who cares? Maybe they didn't know what it was like in BR in the middle of the day.
Who says they have alternates or travel gear, but then again, who cares? I do know one thing though.
As soon as they got to their seats, they took off those jackets, overlays and caps.

You don't know jack-squat about how Dr. Greggs worked out the band during his tenure, but, you are right about
one thing....SU was the ONLY HBCU band on national television, regardless of what they were wearing.

Don't sweat yourself over SU's uniforms; we good over here. And finally, thank you for tuning in.

Carry on....
su folks have posted over and over what it was like under Doc, that's how I know....unless they were lying.
And if SC State could take off their coats, jackets and overlays after halftime, why couldn't su do it?
If Haymer's soooo much into being this marketing "expert", it would've been an excellent time to market his new uniforms on national television.
If folks never see southern perform again this year, they're going to more than likely remember those shorts and shirts rather than their new unis and why? Because they didn't get a chance to see it.

The uniforms are not new. They are the exact uniforms, they have now they just brought a whole set of new ones. Anyone that knows anything about SU band knows those uniforms will never change..

Hey J89, I'm still waiting on your evidence. Where's the news clippings like TSU had? If you can't prove it, guess what? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! You're an engineer and believe in science, so you damn well understand the term "evidence over theory".

Like I said previously, it's just a rumor that some MEAC folks are telling. Maybe they can provide you the EVIDENCE you so desire.

I thought the Luke looked great in their t-shirts and shorts! They tend to look good in whatever they wear. Their field show was outstanding. They do precision marching better than any other band.

I thought the drill looked great as well. However, to say SU does better percision than any other band is pure ignorance.

SU sounded very solid on the field as well. I nice balance of power and good sound was very much in the stadium. Although it was the first game and it was hot, I do wish they would have looked more professional on ESPN over the "band camp" look. So what if you often don't dress up for the first game, the game is on ESPN. I don't and won't debate about this because I know this is a new era with plenty of folks who are wet between the ears about HBCU band's, but I really wish all HBCU's went back to stressing uniformity. Oh well, at least SU's halftime performance was solid.

Lol. Well the Bruno Mars song is already going viral and BM, has given it two thumbs out.

And please stop with this old juke new juke.. Haymer is doing great things at SU. MARKETING, new band uniforms, larger budget, I mean what else you want for the guy..

Bruno can give it a whole town of Baton Rouge worth of thumbs up. The arrangement is not that good. Also y'all need to make up y'all mind.... Southern folks don't want the old/new juke comparison but y'all go to line is "southern has no competition with nobody but those of the past juke" , so when I hold y'all to that standard you say stop. Make up your mind and stay consistent... the branding haymer is doing is great but those performances did not live up to those standards for reasons I said earlier. Doesn't take away my appreciation for what the juke does but just calling it like I see it from a musicians point of view.

Bruno can give it a whole town of Baton Rouge worth of thumbs up. The arrangement is not that good. Also y'all need to make up y'all mind.... Southern folks don't want the old/new juke comparison but y'all go to line is "southern has no competition with nobody but those of the past juke" , so when I hold y'all to that standard you say stop. Make up your mind and stay consistent... the branding haymer is doing is great but those performances did not live up to those standards for reasons I said earlier. Doesn't take away my appreciation for what the juke does but just calling it like I see it from a musicians point of view.
You have to know how to deal with SU bandmen my brutha. You have a crap load of the mid 90's on down Jukebox members who know better. Trust me. I talk to some of the best who ever whore and S on their chest quite often.

Actually it revealed that southern has quite a few over-weight band members. Those folks would've never made it through Doc's workouts.

Did you notice those 4 big guys dancing? They may be big, but they are agile!

Like I said previously, it's just a rumor that some MEAC folks are telling. Maybe they can provide you the EVIDENCE you so desire.
But you're quoting it as if it's fact, now you're trying to back it down. Come on J89, you got more sense than that.

Here's the EVIDENCE, JAG89.

Sugrad11 said:
Jackson State can you confirm the following?

1. O'Neil Sanford was fired today?
2. JSU Band Memebers were caught stealing from Charlotte hotel from the Queen City BOTB last week?
3. The Boom had a decent number of bandsmen who performed last week that are registered students of the university?

All of this is allegedly!

http://forum.the5thquarter.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17092&hilit=Prancing&start=50

Why would a school with a budget like TCU not include the number swac band in their contract LMAOOOO!!!!

Bozos stay getting shtted on LMAOO

So if it was too hot, why did SC State wear their uniforms? Seems like you're saying that Haymer's making his band members to be soft. The former Jukes would laugh at you for saying that it was too hot to wear uniforms.

Doc started doing this in 1990s. LOL.

Come on PJ, you know Haymer blew it. He, meaning Haymer, single-handedly made the Jukes look soft all by himself.

BTW, Mr Jackson did this against FAMU in B-ham on TV as well at this same challenge.

Look genius(not)...it was too hot to wear that 5 piece wool uniform...period! If they would have worn them
then you would have bitchin and moaning about that. As far as "proper"...your opinion does NOT matter.
Far too many folks were carried out of the stadium due to the heat...this was the right call.

As to why scst wore their unis, who cares? Maybe they didn't know what it was like in BR in the middle of the day.
Who says they have alternates or travel gear, but then again, who cares? I do know one thing though.
As soon as they got to their seats, they took off those jackets, overlays and caps.

You don't know jack-squat about how Dr. Greggs worked out the band during his tenure, but, you are right about
one thing....SU was the ONLY HBCU band on national television, regardless of what they were wearing.

Don't sweat yourself over SU's uniforms; we good over here. And finally, thank you for tuning in.

Carry on....

Say homie, jayrob is a fan of the juke. Just laugh and keep it pushing. If they would have worn their uniforms and TWO JUKES got heat stroke as a result, it would have been some isht!

But I digress...

Your band was the only HBCU school on national television with shorts and shirts, that's why.
It didn't look good at all.

Ok that's your opinion. Now, tell us what the boom wore this past Saturday at TCU.

Back