The Wire Season 5 Trailer & Official Thread

Sometimes when I wife is talkin, I miss certain key points. Thanks for pulling some things together.

...and LOL at ole boy asking if still gotta take the rap now that EVERYBODY is in jail.

No problem TP!!!!
It was so obvious for Mike to realize it was a trap for him. Im glad he got his brother to their Aunt's house in the county of Maryland. He had to have given him atleast 2K (and promises to send more). I have no idea why Dook wanted to be dropped at the crack spot. You see Prez telling him that this is the last time he was gonna see him (Alive)

O-Dog was mad as hell he was gonna take a 2-3 year bid for Snoop & Mike. Dont matter now that Chris is already in Jail and Snoop is dead. :lol:

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Was this the "SNITCHING" episode?
Everyone is snitching in this mug.

Clay so smart, but he so stupid. Lester said he was gonna go home and fugg Charlene!!! I told yall he was still messing with that girl that was working at Avon & Stringer's club.

Damn *****, all that stuff is still fresh in your head because you been watchin 1-4 season DVDs! I had no idea that he was talkin about that same chick from 3 or four years ago. I should go back and watch those DVDs now, and alot of sh!t that I missed back then might make sense now, but I've forgotten a hell of a lot.
Me and one of my coworker spent all of Friday morning trying to remember Wallis from a couple seasons ago. He kept talking about the kid who got killed, but couldn't remember his name:retard:. I was drove! I couldn't :rolly:concentrate on anything else until I remembered that kids name, Wallis!:idea:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Damn *****, all that stuff is still fresh in your head because you been watchin 1-4 season DVDs! I had no idea that he was talkin about that same chick from 3 or four years ago. I should go back and watch those DVDs now, and alot of sh!t that I missed back then might make sense now, but I've forgotten a hell of a lot.
Me and one of my coworker spent all of Friday morning trying to remember Wallis from a couple seasons ago. He kept talking about the kid who got killed, but couldn't remember his name:retard:. I was drove! I couldn't :rolly:concentrate on anything else until I remembered that kids name, Wallis!:idea:

Sands, I know almost 90% of the Wire. But somethings, like a Fine Thick Sista.....I DONT FORGET. I even remember them coke bottle glasses she had to wear (That Lester made her wear) when she had the wire tap serving drings to Avon & Stringer in the cash room of the Club. :lol:

Wallace used to sell drugs with Poot & Broodie (All three of them used to work for DeAngelo Barksdale). Wallace told the police that he worked for D and that they called Stringer when they saw Brandon at the store playing vidoe games. Once the police followed the wire taps they could use that to link Brandon's death to Stringer and then get close to Avon. They put a tap on the pay phone that Stringer used to send the call out to Wee-Bey And Stinkum to kill Omar's first boyfriend Brandon.

Once it got out that Wallace was the snitch and all the fingers pointed to Stringer that could lead to Avon. Levy (the lawyer ) told String and Avon to elimnate anyone that knew information about the killings and drugs who would be a liability. Wee-Bey killed one of his own men and Stringer told Poot & Broodie to kill Wallace.

The police had Wallace in protective custody but he ran to his familys farm on the outskirts of Maryland (where he was safe). but his fool kept calling Poot from a phone. Wallace was bored with country life and he came back.
He went home and Poot and Broodie killed him. Broodie shot him first and Poot delivered the killing blow.

Wallace's killing was one of the most DEFINING events that happned in season 1. It was showing that Poot & Broodie innocense was lost and they had finally stepped over the line.

Sands, I know almost 90% of the Wire. But somethings, like a Fine Thick Sista.....I DONT FORGET. I even remember them coke bottle glasses she had to wear (That Lester made her wear) when she had the wire tap serving drings to Avon & Stringer in the cash room of the Club. :lol:

Wallace used to sell drugs with Poot & Broodie (All three of them used to work for DeAngelo Barksdale). Wallace told the police that he worked for D and that they called Stringer when they saw Brandon at the store playing vidoe games. Once the police followed the wire taps they could use that to link Brandon's death to Stringer and then get close to Avon. They put a tap on the pay phone that Stringer used to send the call out to Wee-Bey And Stinkum to kill Omar's first boyfriend Brandon.

Once it got out that Wallace was the snitch and all the fingers pointed to Stringer that could lead to Avon. Levy (the lawyer ) told String and Avon to elimnate anyone that knew information about the killings and drugs who would be a liability. Wee-Bey killed one of his own men and Stringer told Poot & Broodie to kill Wallace.

The police had Wallace in protective custody but he ran to his familys farm on the outskirts of Maryland (where he was safe). but his fool kept calling Poot from a phone. Wallace was bored with country life and he came back.
He went home and Poot and Broodie killed him. Broodie shot him first and Poot delivered the killing blow.

Wallace's killing was one of the most DEFINING events that happned in season 1. It was showing that Poot & Broodie innocense was lost and they had finally stepped over the line.

I think I may have shed a tear when Wallace was killed. He was begging for his life. smh

Yeah, when lester said "Charlene" she immediately popped into my head with those big azz glasses. LOL I think she made an appearance in Season 4.

I will be watching the finale as soon as I get home. If you don't on demand, you will just have to wait until next week!!

Shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiddddddd, Clay Davis is just out there doing the Lord's work....:lmao:

Why am I beginning to like Clay Davis? Clay is spilling all the beans to keep his arse from going to the States Attorney, but little do he know he has already out smarted the States Attorney, cause they sced to touch him.

What he tell Lester "Least you can buy a round". :lmao:

...and how the hell did Poot never go to prison? He was too young?

Poot did go to jail, remember he went at the end of season 3 and he got out towards the end of season 4, and went to work for Bodie and he got with ole girl and got burnt.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Lester said he was gonna go home and fugg Charlene!!! I told yall he was still messing with that girl that was working at Avon & Stringer's club.

He married her and got her back in school to work on a degree.

On Demand is making you wait until Sunday

It's sowing to be available on my on demand list, 93 minutes worth. I may break down and watch it. I usually watch the regular episodes but with it being longer than 1 hour I can't watch it all and get to work on time. I may need that bootlegged download.......

I do have every episode on DVR and may do a marathon watching on The Wire.

It's sowing to be available on my on demand list, 93 minutes worth. I may break down and watch it. I usually watch the regular episodes but with it being longer than 1 hour I can't watch it all and get to work on time. I may need that bootlegged download.......

I do have every episode on DVR and may do a marathon watching on The Wire.

so will the final episode be on Demand today or not?

The finale episode is and hour and half long.

so will the final episode be on Demand today or not?

The finale episode is and hour and half long.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-to.people28feb28,0,2234158.column

On Demand users: no sneak peek of 'Wire' finale
People and Places
February 28, 2008

There will be no sneak peek via On Demand of the 90-minute series finale of HBO's The Wire, according to a spokesman for the cable channel.

The finale will premiere at 9 p.m. March 9, and that will be the first time anyone will be able to see it - whether or not they have access to HBO On Demand.

Throughout this fifth and final season, subscribers have been able to use On Demand to see each of the nine previous episodes starting the Monday before their Sunday night cable premiere.

HBO says they are breaking with that pattern so that On Demand viewers don't "spoil" the finale for those who want to watch March 9. During this season and last, On Demand viewers have often posted details of episodes online in a way that made...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Is there ANY reason that I shouldn't cancel HBO next Monday morning?

Dude, HBO is history after the finale. I order the sports pack in August and cancel it in January. I ordered HBO back in January for the Wire, it's off my bill as soon as I watch the finale!!

What I thought was interesting about Episode 9 was Marlo saying that he didn't know Omar was calling out his name. That was one of the scenes I was waiting for all season. In real life there would be no way word would not get back that Omar was calling him a punk. I guess he had to man up about it since all of his Lts. were around him. In the game of chess, a King like Marlo has to lie low, but Omar being the piece that he is just complicated things for him. Did you all noticed that Marlo even called out Barksdale's name? LOL

I also keep wondering who Marlo was swinging out in the preview for the last episode. Looks like he was swinging at some kids to me. Maybe they were on the street calling him out too...

Yo Sonny, I tried to tell about Slim Charles didn't I.....based on the previews I betcha.....well.....we will see.................,

What I thought was interesting about Episode 9 was Marlo saying that he didn't know Omar was calling out his name. That was one of the scenes I was waiting for all season. In real life there would be no way word would not get back that Omar was calling him a punk. I guess he had to man up about it since all of his Lts. were around him. In the game of chess, a King like Marlo has to lie low, but Omar being the piece that he is just complicated things for him. Did you all noticed that Marlo even called out Barksdale's name? LOL

I also keep wondering who Marlo was swinging out in the preview for the last episode. Looks like he was swinging at some kids to me. Maybe they were on the street calling him out too...

Yo Sonny, I tried to tell about Slim Charles didn't I.....based on the previews I betcha.....well.....we will see.................,

Marlo had on a suit when he was swinging on somebody so I'm THINKING it was around the time he goes to court/leaves court.

Why didn't Chris and Snoop tell Marlo that Omar was calling him out???
They probably felt that If Marlo knew, he would step out and put himself at risk. Like Prop Joe, Chris and Snoop probably had more respect for Omar's skills rather than someone else like Junebug in the earlier episodes who called out Marlo too but got taken out for that same reason.

My argument is, how can you wear the crown on the streets and not know that someone like Omar is calling you at. I thought David Simon was showing a weaker side of Marlo that was trying to save face in front of his boys.

Back