The Wire Season 5 Trailer & Official Thread

The show was rather bla....but the wrap up was good. I did like how the roles stayed the same, just different players in the role.

I agree....it went out without a dramatic ending. It simply wrapped everything up and gave us a look into the future.

Who was that dude with Mike? His boyfriend? :lmao:

I will miss the show but there were really no more stories to be told unless you wanted to see how much money Carcetti was gonna pump into Bmore schools and police dept and how Mike was gonna function in his new role or if Duke was gonna OD. He should have just gone home to his mama so they could be cracked out together. I don't understand the whole Mike becoming Omar thing. :confused: Mike does not have what it takes to be Omar neither does Synnor have what it takes to be McNulty.

Glad Bubbs got to come upstairs.

Do you think the lawyer figured out that the old cop was the link?

Someone had to snitch on the wire tap. It took Kema out of her role because typically, she would not have gone out like that. She would have been a ring leader!! However, the leak had to get out before the last episode for things to end like it did. If they were not certain of the wire tap, there is no way they could have struck any deals. Kema was the writers scapegoat.

Can someone please tell me what Daniels and his wifey did?

I agree....it went out without a dramatic ending. It simply wrapped everything up and gave us a look into the future.

Who was that dude with Mike? His boyfriend? :lmao:

I will miss the show but there were really no more stories to be told unless you wanted to see how much money Carcetti was gonna pump into Bmore schools and police dept and how Mike was gonna function in his new role or if Duke was gonna OD. He should have just gone home to his mama so they could be cracked out together. I don't understand the whole Mike becoming Omar thing. :confused: Mike does not have what it takes to be Omar neither does Synnor have what it takes to be McNulty.

Glad Bubbs got to come upstairs.

Do you think the lawyer figured out that the old cop was the link?

Someone had to snitch on the wire tap. It took Kema out of her role because typically, she would not have gone out like that. She would have been a ring leader!! However, the leak had to get out before the last episode for things to end like it did. If they were not certain of the wire tap, there is no way they could have struck any deals. Kema was the writers scapegoat.

Can someone please tell me what Daniels and his wifey did?

Daniels wife is trying to get into politics. She's about to become the next Narese. Daniels and his wife took money from Drug busts and put it in their own pockets.
That's one of the reasons why they are separated. She doesnt want his past to mess with her future.

The show was rather bla....but the wrap up was good. I did like how the roles stayed the same, just different players in the role.

It wasn't blah. People just got off easy, from the police department with the illegal wire taps to Marlo getting off with no time in jail. Why did ole boy neen $200? That punk azz reporter won the Pulitzer and ole girl got demoted. I thought that was some bullsh@t!!! The opening seen was funny azz h@ll with the mayor trying to digest the fake serial killer and how it tied in with bodies found in the houses situation. The more I think about the last episode, the more brilliant the writnig was to wrap up all five seasons. Did Slim know that Cheese set up "Prop Joe", or was that just a disrespect issue? But I believe that the wrap up of the first show was the best. Seeing Kema in the hospital still bothers me.

Daniels wife is trying to get into politics. She's about to become the next Narese. Daniels and his wife took money from Drug busts and put it in their own pockets.
That's one of the reasons why they are separated. She doesnt want his past to mess with her future.

Isn't that the money they used to keep the wire tap on the Barkdales going in the first season?

It wasn't blah. People just got off easy, from the police department with the illegal wire taps to Marlo getting off with no time in jail. Why did ole boy neen $200? That punk azz reporter won the Pulitzer and ole girl got demoted. I thought that was some bullsh@t!!! The opening seen was funny azz h@ll with the mayor trying to digest the fake serial killer and how it tied in with bodies found in the houses situation. The more I think about the last episode, the more brilliant the writnig was to wrap up all five seasons. Did Slim know that Cheese set up "Prop Joe", or was that just a disrespect issue? But I believe that the wrap up of the first show was the best. Seeing Kema in the hospital still bothers me.

Yeah Slim knew,but he couldn't do amything before because Cheese was under Marlo's wing after Prop Joe was killed.
Funniest thing to me was Chris linking up with We-Bay in jail. They were enemys on the street, but in jail they'll prolly be allys and be running things.

Marlo must have been suffocating at the real estate party. It's not in him to be legit.

Not at all.

That's why he went back to the streets. That look on his face made it clear that he was at home in the streets.

D@mn Im so glad that Slim killed Cheese.

I said that they were going to wash all that under the carpet (illegal wire tap).

The last 20 minutes of the last episode was not a work of genius writing, it was simple REALITY. As McNulty looked back over the city, you saw that the game remained the same, and the players changed (as someone mentioned). Which is really why The Wire was so good.

The last 20 minutes tied every season together. Everything from the projects on the west side, muscle within the organization, drug thieves, ports, politics, corrupt police, lawyers, KIDS, etc.

All this time, I NEVER knew the importance of the KIDS in the WIRE. TO me, the kids represent 1) how your life surrounds has an affect on your outcome and 2) new players in the game.

Duke - smartest kid, now drug attic.
Randy - good kid, now bully
Mike - muscle on the street as a kid, muscle on the street as a grown man. Future Omar.
???? - lil punk who killed Omar. Just like his arse to shoot somebody from behind.
Wee-bay's son - Prince of the street muscle, probably the only one who will get a college degree.

The same can be said about different players in the police department and politics. This was a very good show.

Marlo must have been suffocating at the real estate party. It's not in him to be legit.

Well, the cops had stripped him of his glory. That money meant NOTHING to Marlo. It was all about POWER. That is what the cops took from him, POWER. So, in order to get his POWER back, he has to get back on the streets.

I like how the wire told the story of why things never change in the hood. As long as it doesn't affect the top things will never change. The unfortunate bad cycle of life just continues.

Can I speak now?
Good. :lol:

Yep.
Good story, thing's never change in the hood, gov-ment, etc.

BUT........................:smh:

As a TV show, that final episode was weaker than watered down water.:xeye:
The only good thing about that final show was that loud mouth Cheese getting his head popped by Slim.

:lol: What the hell you do that for?
This sentimental mutha F'er just cost us money. :lol:
That was for Prop Joe. :lmao:

I
All this time, I NEVER knew the importance of the KIDS in the WIRE. TO me, the kids represent 1) how your life surrounds has an affect on your outcome and 2) new players in the game.

Duke - smartest kid, now drug attic.
Randy - good kid, now bully
Mike - muscle on the street as a kid, muscle on the street as a grown man. Future Omar.
???? - lil punk who killed Omar. Just like his arse to shoot somebody from behind.
Wee-bay's son - Prince of the street muscle, probably the only one who will get a college degree.

Kennard was seen being pulled away by the cops.
The closing Montague was good. I know some people that didnt like the last episode. They say it wasnt enough. It was enough for me. Everything tied together at the end.
Daniels is right where Pearlman was in Season 1, Pearlman is right where the Judge was in season 1 (the Judege that McNulty went to that started all of this/the one that Sydner is going to now).
McNulty will hopefully land on his feet and try to keep his relationship with ole girl stable.
Freemon is happy with Charlene making the antique doll house assosories (Like the ones he made in season 1)
Wee-Bay has a new muscle parter in Chris Paltrow
Marlo is home in the streets
Slim Charles has been patient for 3 years and finally sits on top of the thrown as the new drug king of Baltimore
Bubble's is finally at peace and has a family to replace the lost of Sherrod
Randy's innocense is lost and he can never reclaim it.
Bunk has wrapped up the Vacant murders.
and the story in the streets goes on.

You cant save everyone from the Streets.

Dookie had the most potential and look where he landed.
Namond had the worst and look where he landed.

Life is hard for a young black man. Thank God Bunny was there to help Namond out.
He will hopefully go on to attend Morgan State, U of Maryland, Eastern Shores or another institute of higher learning.

This was a great show!!
RIP: Snot Boogie, Brandon, Wallace, DeAngelo, Stringer, Stinkum, Savino, Kevin, Lex, Rico, Tank, Broodie, Orlando, Old Face Andre, Fruit, LaTroy, Hungry Man, Butchie, Prop Joe, Snoop, Cheese, The WIRE.

Poor Dookie didn't have any type of a support system. His family kept getting evicted...and Michael had to bail on him. He was bound to end up living on the streets. That was sad.

I wish that right when the final credits were about to end....they would show Clay Davis going "SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT"

Crazy how kids on the street was talking about OMAR having AK47's and schit and some other kids didnt know who the fugg Marlo was.

:lmao:

IMO The Marlo segment going back home just showed how fast you can lose your juice in the streets. Going legit is a sign of weakness according to the "G" code...

I don't understand the whole Mike becoming Omar thing. :confused: Mike does not have what it takes to be Omar neither does Synnor have what it takes to be McNulty.

I think Mike does have what it takes. Look at his resume:
He was trained under Chris and Snoop- they were the best at what they did.
He has the mental capacity- smart and good conceptual skills. Look how he peeped game when Snoop tried to do him in.
He's not afraid to shoot or kill.
And his timing is perfect. With Stansfield people going down, nobody on the West Side has enough muscle to stop him.

I think Mike does have what it takes. Look at his resume:
He was trained under Chris and Snoop- they were the best at what they did.
He has the mental capacity- smart and good conceptual skills. Look how he peeped game when Snoop tried to do him in.
He's not afraid to shoot or kill.
And his timing is perfect. With Stansfield people going down, nobody on the West Side has enough muscle to stop him.

He kinda has a code too, with all the questions that he asked Chris and Snoop it showed that though he was not afraid to kill, he didn't feel comfortable with killing just for the sake of killing. Kinda like Omar.

IMO The Marlo segment going back home just showed how fast you can lose your juice in the streets. Going legit is a sign of weakness according to the "G" code...

I dont think he had it on the real streets.

He was so busy in his "Ivory Castle" that he was far removed from the neighborhood.
Omar was the STREETS.
He didnt loose any juice that he didnt have.
Chris & Snoop had more cred than Marlo did.

Well, the thing is Omar called him to the streets and he never showed up. Marlo should have realized the CEO's don't come down to the assembly line and work. That is what Chris was thinking, no use of letting Marlo know about a low life like Omar wanting Marlo to come dance in the streets with him. That is what Chris does and would have easily done it if he could have caught up with Omar.

Well, the thing is Omar called him to the streets and he never showed up. Marlo should have realized the CEO's don't come down to the assembly line and work. That is what Chris was thinking, no use of letting Marlo know about a low life like Omar wanting Marlo to come dance in the streets with him. That is what Chris does and would have easily done it if he could have caught up with Omar.

Mane, Chris was scared to death of Marlo.

Back