Purple Reign - Influential Alcorn

J60R_K.gif

Damn TP

Who called your last 2-4 years a fluke? You made a good hire, he raised some money for ya'll, played good politics and you all won more games... It wasn't a fluke... we are just saying, that run is over. You had 4 good years with McNair.. then ..NOTHING.. I can recall back then, you all were spilling the same rhetoric. That the rest of the team and coaches would be back... etc... Well, you all went to losing. Just whats about to happen right now. You gonna lose to JSU, GSU, PV, BAMA State, BCU and Arkansas. You will be 5-6 next year.... and third in the EAST. I'm not wishing bad on you. Im just being honest w u!

This. Hobson was a once in a lifetime hire for yall just like McNair was a once in a lifetime player. Can Fred McNair be a good HC, sure. But for Alcorn a good HC is at best 6-7 win guy. That's it. Bascially what Johnny Thomas was in his absolute best years.

And you didn't just lose your HC. You lost both his top assistants(Simmons in 2015, the DC last spring). Now a good HC can survive the loss of his top assistants. And a great assistant can sometimes pick up where a good HC left off. But you can't survive the loss of both, It's just not happening for a school like Alcorn. Maybe if Simmons was taking over you'd have a shot of keeping the good times rolling. But not with McNair.

This is one problem that I see is a consistent theme with Jacksonians, they lack vision.

TP is very good at crunching numbers but like his fellow Alumni he can't visualize intangibles. Your words have no merit because you all are consistently wrong in your judgements of the SWAC. Why should Alcornites subscribe to your rhetoric? There is nothing of substance to it. Just blown smoke

This is one problem that I see is a consistent theme with Jacksonians, they lack vision.

TP is very good at crunching numbers but like his fellow Alumni he can't visualize intangibles. Your words have no merit because you all are consistently wrong in your judgements of the SWAC. Why should Alcornites subscribe to your rhetoric? There is nothing of substance to it. Just blown smoke

How have we been wrong about the SWAC? Please explain.

Alcorn has lost 70% of their coaching staff from two years ago, a lot senior talent, and they have a tough schedule. The fact that you struggled vs two of the worst JSU teams in JSU history does not bode well for you. Your only hope is that Tony Hughes is the second coming of OMJ and no one believes that....

We were right 20 of the last 22 years when we said Alcorn wasn't going to win the East. That's two decades worth of vision.

We were right 20 of the last 22 years when we said Alcorn wasn't going to win the East. That's two decades worth of vision.

Your math is off
And concerning championships for Jackson State, how many times were you wrong in that same time period?

How have we been wrong about the SWAC? Please explain.

Alcorn has lost 70% of their coaching staff from two years ago, a lot senior talent, and they have a tough schedule. The fact that you struggled vs two of the worst JSU teams in JSU history does not bode well for you. Your only hope is that Tony Hughes is the second coming of OMJ and no one believes that....

JSU has not proven themselves worthy of a threat to take the crown in the East. Bama St on the other hand is a legitimate concern.

Your math is off
And concerning championships for Jackson State, how many times were you wrong in that same time period?

Our program has made some bad decisions... that's not an indictment of the fans on here. However, Gordon is legendary, Big Daddy had 7 straight winning seasons, Judge Hughes had 4 straight winning seasons, and Comegy had 7 winning seasons in 8 years. So when our program has it right, it has it right. We did you all a favor by hiring Bell and OMJ. Instead of gloating over those wins, you need to just thank us for giving you a little room to breathe because if we could go back in time and hire Comegy in 2003 and Antonio in 2013, you all would be light years behind JSU. Be grateful for our mistakes..... and after you pay homage to us, bend over in your usual position....

Our program has made some bad decisions... that's not an indictment of the fans on here. However, Gordon is legendary, Big Daddy had 7 straight winning seasons, Judge Hughes had 4 straight winning seasons, and Comegy had 7 winning seasons in 8 years. So when our program has it right, it has it right. We did you all a favor by hiring Bell and OMJ. Instead of gloating over those wins, you need to just thank us for giving you a little room to breathe because if we could go back in time and hire Comegy in 2003 and Antonio in 2013, you all would be light years behind JSU. Be grateful for our mistakes..... and after you pay homage to us, bend over in your usual position....

And how did the dinosaurs did? Hell you going so far back I thought you could enlighten us with that tad bit of information.

But then again don't worry about it, it will be bad info like you always give. You named all them damn coaches and how many championships have they given JSU in the last 20 years? And I say 20 because you never go less than 10 when trying to make a point.

And how did the dinosaurs did? Hell you going so far back I thought you could enlighten us with that tad bit of information.

But then again don't worry about it, it will be bad info like you always give. You named all them damn coaches and how many championships have they given JSU in the last 20 years? And I say 20 because you never go less than 10 when trying to make a point.

Unlike everyone else, I don't judge my program solely on championships. I did agree that Comegy should be fired because he didn't win but one in 8 tries but I view a program as a PROGRAM. I don't care if you won 2 championships in the last 20 years when you spent MOST of the last 20 years face down, azz up! JSU has a program. We win. Our accolades in the last 20 years far exceed yours. Our accolades in the last 10 years far exceed yours. You don't have a program.. you have two championships. You have teams like UAPB, TxSo, AAMU, PV, etc... who won a title but it did nothing to help them as a program. They all still lag behind the MIGHTY JSU.... as does Alcorn. In five years, you won't be able to have this convo with me. You are about to go 5-6 at best.. so get it all in now!

[QUOTE="Tigerpride, post: 2544762, member: 70"]Unlike everyone else, I don't judge my program solely on championships. I did agree that Comegy should be fired because he didn't win but one in 8 tries but I view a program as a PROGRAM. I don't care if you won 2 championships in the last 20 years when you spent MOST of the last 20 years face down, azz up! JSU has a program. We win. Our accolades in the last 20 years far exceed yours. Our accolades in the last 10 years far exceed yours. You don't have a program.. you have two championships. You have teams like UAPB, TxSo, AAMU, PV, etc... who won a title but it did nothing to help them as a program. They all still lag behind the MIGHTY JSU.... as does Alcorn. In five years, you won't be able to have this convo with me. You are about to go 5-6 at best.. so get it all in now![/QUOTE]

Click and save!!!! That first sentence has to be words of a true________. Fill the blank

This is the benefit of this Purple Reign....

Roster at 90 after signing of former Alcorn State cornerback
160720-gatewood-revise-950.jpg

The Green Bay Packers signed CB Warren Gatewood. The transaction was announced Wednesday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT SIGNING:

Name, Pos, Ht, Wt, College, HS Hometown
Warren Gatewood, CB, 5-11, 188, Alcorn State, Baltimore, Md.

Gatewood, 22, saw action in 42 games over four seasons at Alcorn State, recording 117 tackles, 33 passes defensed, eight interceptions and one blocked kick. As a senior, he set career highs with 47 tackles and four interceptions. He earned defensive player of the game honors in the Braves’ victory over Grambling in the 2015 Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship Game, recording three interceptions, including one he returned 25 yards for a touchdown.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...8f1-dd6f-4543-87fe-2d6dd5cdc069#ixzz4F3Zucv14

I have made the championship argument for several years.. YES I want a championship... many of them... lol However, If I had to choose

A. 8 losing seasons and 2 championship seasons
or
B. 10 winning seasons and no championship.

I would PERSONALLY choose B.
If you like A, that's YOUR choice. I prefer to be a consistent winner than to be a consistent loser who gets a championship.every blue moon...

This is the benefit of this Purple Reign....

Roster at 90 after signing of former Alcorn State cornerback
160720-gatewood-revise-950.jpg

The Green Bay Packers signed CB Warren Gatewood. The transaction was announced Wednesday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT SIGNING:

Name, Pos, Ht, Wt, College, HS Hometown
Warren Gatewood, CB, 5-11, 188, Alcorn State, Baltimore, Md.

Gatewood, 22, saw action in 42 games over four seasons at Alcorn State, recording 117 tackles, 33 passes defensed, eight interceptions and one blocked kick. As a senior, he set career highs with 47 tackles and four interceptions. He earned defensive player of the game honors in the Braves’ victory over Grambling in the 2015 Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship Game, recording three interceptions, including one he returned 25 yards for a touchdown.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...8f1-dd6f-4543-87fe-2d6dd5cdc069#ixzz4F3Zucv14

He was def JSUs MVP in 2014. Gotta give the man his props... LOL He was credited with 3 JSU TDs. lol

straight burnt like toast... on BOTH sides.

He was def JSUs MVP in 2014. Gotta give the man his props... LOL He was credited with 3 JSU TDs. lol

straight burnt like toast... on BOTH sides.

Yep..the true sign of a bonafide Triple Threat hater. Can't even compliment a great accomplishment. Sad!

But after being toasted by JSU, as you say, he still has more SWAC Championship rings (2), and he equals the same amount of NFL signings as JSU in his college career (1).

I have made the championship argument for several years.. YES I want a championship... many of them... lol However, If I had to choose

or

If you like A, that's YOUR choice. I prefer to be a consistent winner than to be a consistent loser who gets a championship.every blue moon...

Man when I read this all I could think was you saying this TP....
original-1.gif

Your love is 10, I repeat 10 seasons of 7-4 and 6-5. Those are 10 winning seasons. NINJA please...The RINGS!!!!

or

Well there you have it. We want ships and you want good seasons

Well there you have it. We want ships and you want good seasons

Thats not what I said but you went to Alcorn so reading may not have been fundamental...

...as for ships... your timing was just good. JSU hired OMJ. If we had a better coach, your count would still be zero because JSU would have gone to Houston the last two years....

Thats not what I said but you went to Alcorn so reading may not have been fundamental...

...as for ships... your timing was just good. JSU hired OMJ. If we had a better coach, your count would still be zero because JSU would have gone to Houston the last two years....
Yea we would have had 20 rings and Grambling 24 rings if y'all would've went the past 2 years

Yep,someone from JSU has English Comp problems. Must still be in remedial classes because he said...

or

If you like A, that's YOUR choice. I prefer to be a consistent winner than to be a consistent loser who gets a championship.every blue moon..

Another right click save moment because you CLEARLY say you would rather have winning seasons over a championship. Hell a winning season is 6-5. That remedial English Comp class is not helping you take the thoughts you are thinking and put them in writing if this isn't what you meant. You need a remedial class for the remedial English Comp. class

You said a mouthful when you stated jsu would have gone to Houston the last 2 years. Thee is just satisfied with going, Alcorn has gone twice and came home with 2 trophies.

Back