Purple Reign - Influential Alcorn

Brave

Da Better U get, Da Better we get & That's IT
It's high time to acknowledge the benefits of having a successful Alcorn at the helm of the SWAC. Since 2012 things have been different in the lands of Lorman. Most Alcornites felt the change in the air during the culmination of the 2012 season. I can honestly say the 2012 Soul Bowl marked the first time I've felt that sense of happiness and Brave Spirit in about 15yrs. We knew then that things would be different for us and the SWAC would benefit as well from this change.

Alcorn went on to have an inspiring campaign in 2013, that gave birth to our back to back titles of 2014-2015 (most in the East since the creation of the SCG). But how did this help the SWAC?
Alcorn's ability to defeat the supposed big 3 soundly during this era has spurred a breath of 'Fresh Air' throughout the conference. The divisions seem to have more balance with Alcorn staking claim to be the Beast of the East. Coaches are now being hired & courted from the SWAC to FBS. More coaches looking for experience are leaving FBS to cut their teeth in the SWAC. Teams who've traditionally had a difficult time competing are now making moves that may pay big dividends for them. Attendance is trending up as more schools are realizing the financial benefit of big home games. Networks have taken note, tagging Alcorn for 5 televised games during the season which may lead to an unprecedented 7 games if the Braves return to Atlanta for the Championship.The inception of the ABC Celebration Bowl has led to money and exposure for the entire conference. Not to mention having an entire ESPN Pregame Saturday morning devoted to HBCU football. Alcorn returning to its traditional powerhouse form of yesteryear rounds out the SWAC nicely. Alcorn being a cornerstone in the conference brings intrigue and attractiveness thus more respect to conference.
Here's to Alcorn's continued success and contender status. Cheers

Last edited:

chile-toast_1854650i.jpg

To you Brave!!!!!!

You didn't beat the Big 3 soundly during that era. You were 2-2 vs JSU and you were 3-2 (2-2 during the regular season) vs GSU.

Now you did whoop SUs azz.

As for the rest of what you typed, I was PERSONALLY happy to see the ascension of Alcorn. A good Alcorn is good for the SWAC and the JSU-SU-Alcorn-GSU rivalries. I just wish JSU was in the SWAC picture the last two years.

However, the ride is now over for Alcorn but it was good while it lasted....

Last edited:
You didn't beat the Big 3 soundly during that era. You were 2-2 vs JSU and you were 3-2 (2-2 during the regular season) vs GSU.

Now you did whoop SUs azz.

As for the rest of what you typed, I was PERSONALLY happy to see the ascension of Alcorn. A good Alcorn is good for the SWAC and the JSU-SU-Alcorn-GSU rivalries. I just wish JSU was in the SWAC picture the last two years.

However, the ride is now over for Alcorn but it was good while it lasted....

my calculations show that Alcorn is 10-4 vs the supposed big 3 in the last 4 years that my friend is soundly. And we all remember certain individual performances such as that 31-3 halftime score in 2013 ;) (we called the Braves off).

I must admit, I relish an opportunity similar to 2013 between Alcorn and JSU but a win resulting in a birth to the SCG... Climactic and the way the Soul Bowl is supposed to be.

I like Alcorn. But all that bragging and boasting aight call for. I don't hate any school because hatred absorbs to much energy and my led to an heart attack. But like I said I really like Alcorn I almost signed with them out of high school. But brave your program has a mountain to climb before you can poke your chest with Southern, Grambling, and J state.

I like Alcorn. But all that bragging and boasting aight call for. I don't hate any school because hatred absorbs to much energy and my led to an heart attack. But like I said I really like Alcorn I almost signed with them out of high school. But brave your program has a mountain to climb before you can poke your chest with Southern, Grambling, and J state.

see this is the thing, Alcorn only pokes our chest out for Alcorn. None of your schools have been in the position of Alcorn (structurally, geographically, financially). So what we accomplish with our small stature is measured from a different perspective....we have a different kind of pride.
Oh I don't hate SU either, it was actually my 2nd choice. Also rarely do we get on here and actually brag (check the threads & that BH guy doesn't count). But we speak from a championship platform because that is where we are right now. For most people in & around this conference their world revolves around the three schools mentioned above.... At Alcorn it don't. We only come off dismissive because our accomplishments have been dismissed. But Alcornites know true SWAC history and we know that Alcorn is a hidden gem in our illustrious conference.

see this is the thing, Alcorn only pokes our chest out for Alcorn. None of your schools have been in the position of Alcorn (structurally, geographically, financially). So what we accomplish with our small stature is measured from a different perspective....we have a different kind of pride.
Oh I don't hate SU either, it was actually my 2nd choice. Also rarely do we get on here and actually brag (check the threads & that BH guy doesn't count). But we speak from a championship platform because that is where we are right now. For most people in & around this conference their world revolves around the three schools mentioned above.... At Alcorn it don't. We only come off dismissive because our accomplishments have been dismissed. But Alcornites know true SWAC history and we know that Alcorn is a hidden gem in our illustrious conference.
The truth will tell in a couple of months. Brother I'm telling u on the reservation, your chief Indian isn't there any longer.

Last edited:
Consistency does not equate to two years. Let's see what Alcorn can do over a six, seven, eight year time period.
If you can remain competitive and consistent, THEN appropriate respect will be given.

my calculations show that Alcorn is 10-4 vs the supposed big 3 in the last 4 years that my friend is soundly. And we all remember certain individual performances such as that 31-3 halftime score in 2013 ;) (we called the Braves off).

I must admit, I relish an opportunity similar to 2013 between Alcorn and JSU but a win resulting in a birth to the SCG... Climactic and the way the Soul Bowl is supposed to be.

5-4 vs JSU and GSU... you were 5-0 vs SU... that's your place to boast... LOL You soundly beat ONE of the big 3.

Dude, you can spew that ALL you want but you measure your success on the Big 3. You have to.. we set the standard in band, attendance, championships, and academics (JSU).
Thing is, you have always had success vs SU. JSU and GSU have been the thorn in your side and we still are. I'm happy for you but you know as well as I do that GSU is gonna roast you in Grambling and JSU is gonna toast you on the Reservation!
Do all of your happy talk now....
Enjoy it! You have about one more (two max) good seasons left.

Consistency does not equate to two years. Let's see what Alcorn can do over a six, seven, eight year time period.
If you can remain competitive and consistent, THEN appropriate respect will be given.

And the question here is who in the SWAC other than Grambling has had a consistent run over 6 years that led to multiple championships? Boy these JSU fans be coming with 'em. You win one, its a fluke. Then you win two and it becomes it wont last long. When has it lasted over a six, seven, eight year period in the SWAC WITH multiple championships? I count Grambling and Southern.

SMDH, damn JSU fans can't show love for our on campus improvements but they damn sure can spew hatred all over the place no matter what.

5-4 vs JSU and GSU... you were 5-0 vs SU... that's your place to boast... LOL You soundly beat ONE of the big 3.

And what was JSU record to the same teams mentioned in the same time span?

Yall really need to quit.

Dude, you can spew that ALL you want but you measure your success on the Big 3. You have to.. we set the standard in band, attendance, championships, and academics (JSU).
Thing is, you have always had success vs SU. JSU and GSU have been the thorn in your side and we still are. I'm happy for you but you know as well as I do that GSU is gonna roast you in Grambling and JSU is gonna toast you on the Reservation!
Do all of your happy talk now....
Enjoy it! You have about one more (two max) good seasons left.

Must be stomping for Trump with this type of talk!

And the question here is who in the SWAC other than Grambling has had a consistent run over 6 years that led to multiple championships? Boy these JSU fans be coming with 'em. You win one, its a fluke. Then you win two and it becomes it wont last long. When has it lasted over a six, seven, eight year period in the SWAC WITH multiple championships? I count Grambling and Southern.

SMDH, damn JSU fans can't show love for our on campus improvements but they damn sure can spew hatred all over the place no matter what.

Dude, ain't nobody hating on Alcorn. I have said again and again, I support Alcorn. And what are you talking about with 6-8 year crap? JSU has been the most consistent football program in the conference. ..and it's about to go back to that.

Who called your last 2-4 years a fluke? You made a good hire, he raised some money for ya'll, played good politics and you all won more games... It wasn't a fluke... we are just saying, that run is over. You had 4 good years with McNair.. then ..NOTHING.. I can recall back then, you all were spilling the same rhetoric. That the rest of the team and coaches would be back... etc... Well, you all went to losing. Just whats about to happen right now. You gonna lose to JSU, GSU, PV, BAMA State, BCU and Arkansas. You will be 5-6 next year.... and third in the EAST. I'm not wishing bad on you. Im just being honest w u!

Dude, ain't nobody hating on Alcorn. I have said again and again, I support Alcorn. And what are you talking about with 6-8 year crap? JSU has been the most consistent football program in the conference. ..and it's about to go back to that.

What called your last 2-4 years a fluke? You made a good hire, he raised some money for ya'll, played good politics and you all won more games... It wasn't a fluke... we are just saying, that run is over. You had 4 good years with McNair.. then ..NOTHING.. I can recall back then, you all were spilling the same rhetoric. That the rest of the team and coaches would be back... etc... Well, you all went to losing. Just whats about to happen right now. You gonna lose to JSU, GSU, PV, BAMA State, BCU and Arkansas. You will be 5-6 next year.... and third in the EAST. I'm not wishing bad on you. Im just being honest w u!

Yep you are stomping for Trump!

Why you asking about JSUs record? We know JSU sucked the last two years...
Stick to your topic... smh

Naw I'm sticking to what you like to do. So what was JSU record against those teams?

Yep you are stomping for Trump!

Naw I'm sticking to what you like to do. So what was JSU record against those teams?

Well, since I see you don't wanna talk about the truth......

As for our records... just know that we were 2-2 vs Alcorn. That needs to really worry you.. and we were dayum near 3-1. Be afraid.. be very afraid.

Back