Marriage: Single Men Who are 30+

Status
Not open for further replies.
If married/in a relationship, one shouldn't try to live out their single lives through Facebook or any other social network. If the marriage/relationship is so great, there's no need or time for that. If the marriage/relationship is bad, get out of it! That's what gets me about people always bragging on what they got at home or what they did for their husband/wife or where they took their signifcant other, but yet living life vicariously single on social networks......then only to say the conversations/messages are to pass time or it's all in fun.:xeye::xeye::crazy::crazy:

CT is right; marriage and what it truly stands for is to be held with the highest regard and put on a pedestal.

You sound like you are bitter and jealous of your female friends who have someone special in their lives. Are you mad you missed out on a dude loving you and committing to you in life?

You sound like you are bitter and jealous of your female friends who have someone special in their lives. Are you mad you missed out on a dude loving you and committing to you in life?

Honestly, most of my closest friends are single, and all (male and female) are quite happy and fulfilled. And no, I'm not mad because I missed out on a dude loving me and committing to me in life because I know there is a man out there who will love and commit to me, the real me. I was in a serious relationship years ago which resulted in 2 beautiful girls; however, I am single now by choice because I am committed to raising my daughters and committed to having a better relationship/walk with God so that when He does send me my king I can love, devote, submit, and commit myself to him.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well since you waiting so patiently for God and that man, why you spending all your energy on hating on folks who are married? I guess your guy will be different huh?
Honestly, most of my closest friends are single, and all (male and female) are quite happy and fulfilled. And no, I'm not mad because I missed out on a dude loving me and committing to me in life because I know there is a man out there who will love and commit to me, the real me. I was in a serious relationship years ago which resulted in 2 beautiful girls; however, I am single now by choice because I am committed to raising my daughters and committed to having a better relationship/walk with God so that when He does send me my king I can love, devote, submit, and commit myself to him.

:crazy: **shotgun blast to your ass**

I have never talked bad about marriage. Now I have pointed out the screwed up things folks do in marriages. There is a difference. The stability of marriage is the best thing to ever happen to man and woman. CT, I might be ignant, but i am far from ignorant.

I have never talked bad about marriage. Now I have pointed out the screwed up things folks do in marriages. There is a difference. The stability of marriage is the best thing to ever happen to man and woman. CT, I might be ignant, but i am far from ignorant.

That's why you need the shotgun blast...cause its obvious you know better...just tryna help keep you on the right path...

Well since you waiting so patiently for God and that man, why you spending all your energy on hating on folks who are married? I guess your guy will be different huh?

Cee, I said I was raising my daughter and working on my relationship with God so I can receive what He has in store for me. And if I wait patiently on God then so be it; my strength is renewed when I learn to wait on Him and He'll hear my cry for whatever I need or want. And I don't hate on married people. Marriage is the most beautiful, sacred oath one can make before God and man, and it is so wonderful to see true, happily married people. I'm talking about the ones wrapped up, tangled up, tied up, twisted up in love with each other and their relationship. I'm talking about the few who you can see it in their eyes when they see their husband/wife, hear it in their voice when they talk to their husband/wife. The ones that will go to hell and back for their love, marriage, relationship. When I see the few out there like that, it reminds me of what I'm learning to become so I can receive the same thing.

Yes because he'll be another gift sent to me by God Himself.

Well baby girl since we are talkng about man and woman, and we have to be honest and realize neither one is perfect. Therefore it will never be a perfect marriage or relationship among man kind. It will have trials and tribulation just like the men and women who make up these relationships experience in their everyday lives. We bring what we experience to our relationships because that is who we are. It is only when our selfishness as human beings to have it our way ruin marriages. Where there are two, there will always be trials. Where there are two there will always be more than one side. Where there are two, there will always be fault to spread around. The key is when those two come as one and agree that self must come as one to agree. We get what we put out in life. Therefore if i put out love, caring and respect, i shall receive it, but when I put out bull shyt, lies, deceit and selfishness, I shall receive it back. Two views can become as one when love, respect and selfishness is moved out of the way. :tup:

Cee, I said I was raising my daughter and working on my relationship with God so I can receive what He has in store for me. And if I wait patiently on God then so be it; my strength is renewed when I learn to wait on Him and He'll hear my cry for whatever I need or want. And I don't hate on married people. Marriage is the most beautiful, sacred oath one can make before God and man, and it is so wonderful to see true, happily married people. I'm talking about the ones wrapped up, tangled up, tied up, twisted up in love with each other and their relationship. I'm talking about the few who you can see it in their eyes when they see their husband/wife, hear it in their voice when they talk to their husband/wife. The ones that will go to hell and back for their love, marriage, relationship. When I see the few out there like that, it reminds me of what I'm learning to become so I can receive the same thing.

Well baby girl since we are talkng about man and woman, and we have to be honest and realize neither one is perfect. Therefore it will never be a perfect marriage or relationship among man kind. It will have trials and tribulation just like the men and women who make up these relationships experience in their everyday lives. We bring what we experience to our relationships because that is who we are. It is only when our selfishness as human beings to have it our way ruin marriages. Where there are two, there will always be trials. Where there are two there will always be more than one side. Where there are two, there will always be fault to spread around. The key is when those two come as one and agree that self must come as one to agree. We get what we put out in life. Therefore if i put out love, caring and respect, i shall receive it, but when I put out bull shyt, lies, deceit and selfishness, I shall receive it back. Two views can become as one when love, respect and selfishness is moved out of the way. :tup:

Never said he would be perfect and I never said marriage is perfect. I believed what you asked me was that I think my man would be different and I responded "Yes" because he'll be what God sent to me, for me. I'm not naive enough to know that there are flaws, faults, imperfections, trials, tribulations in anything in life, including people and relationships. And I know that just because I seek to walk with God doesn't exempt me from the woes of this world. Nothing is perfect;however, I do serve a perfect God and I know who I belong to. If and when the time ever comes when I have that man that God sends to me, because he was given to me by God, it will make everything worth fighting for and hanging on to should it come to those days when our relationship is tested.

Well since you know you gotta fight for yours, why do you have a problem with other folks whom you say are fronting, while they are fighting for theirs? Seems like a contradiction to me. Something folks from the outside say, when they wanna be on the inside.
Never said he would be perfect and I never said marriage is perfect. I believed what you asked me was that I think my man would be different and I responded "Yes" because he'll be what God sent to me, for me. I'm not naive enough to know that there are flaws, faults, imperfections, trials, tribulations in anything in life, including people and relationships. And I know that just because I seek to walk with God doesn't exempt me from the woes of this world. Nothing is perfect;however, I do serve a perfect God and I know who I belong to. If and when the time ever comes when I have that man that God sends to me, because he was given to me by God, it will make everything worth fighting for and hanging on to should it come to those days when our relationship is tested.

Well since you know you gotta fight for yours, why do you have a problem with other folks whom you say are fronting, while they are fighting for theirs? Seems like a contradiction to me. Something folks from the outside say, when they wanna be on the inside.

Don't have a problem with anyone who truly does fight what they believe in or what they hold dear. I don't have a Facebook account (never had one) but I'm hearing all the time about people who were married yet are now divorced behind "flirting", sexting, sending pics of genitals. This is the only social network I frequent, I admit I see posts on here that make me question a lot of things. By the posters on here I wouldn't guess some were married or in a relationship, but then again, I'm almost positive the husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't know what's being posted, not to mention what probably is said in private messages. That's the issue I was stating.....it's crazy (to me) how people can voice how happy they are in a relationship but live vicariously through social networks. Oh you hear, "It's all in good fun", "It's to pass the time", "Just for entertainment purposes only"......but (my opinion) if what's at home so good, why bother? And I don't hear mention of anyone fighting to keep what they have.....unless I'm reading wrong.

As for me being on the outside wanting be inside......I've been on the inside, and now I'm on the outside. Right now, I'm happy being on the outside because I'm preparing to go back inside. I wasn't ready then, but I'm almost ready now. Still got some work to do.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Don't have a problem with anyone who truly does fight what they believe in or what they hold dear. I don't have a Facebook account (never had one) but I'm hearing all the time about people who were married yet are now divorced behind "flirting", sexting, sending pics of genitals. This is the only social network I frequent, I admit I see posts on here that make me question a lot of things. By the posters on here I wouldn't guess some were married or in a relationship, but then again, I'm almost positive the husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't know what's being posted, not to mention what probably is said in private messages. That's the issue I was stating.....it's crazy (to me) how people can voice how happy they are in a relationship but live vicariously through social networks. Oh you hear, "It's all in good fun", "It's to pass the time", "Just for entertainment purposes only"......but (my opinion) if what's at home so good, why bother? And I don't hear mention of anyone fighting to keep what they have.....unless I'm reading wrong.

As for me being on the outside wanting be inside......I've been on the inside, and now I'm on the outside. Right now, I'm happy being on the outside because I'm preparing to go back inside. I wasn't ready then, but I'm almost ready now. Still got some work to do.

It don't get no realer than this. KUDOS chick! :tup:

You're preachin', sista'. I can <b>always</b> tell an unhappy marriage because ol' boy or ol' girl will never mention their S.O. :emlaugh: And to those that constantly rave about their "spouse," they're unhappy 2. :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm divorced but I am far from bitter. I'm just trying to see what you were implying. :noidea:

I didn't say you specifically Kellis but I have seen plenty of disses to ex's from TSPN posters. Actually, I never knew you were even married before.

Well baby girl one thing life teaches us as humans is that, when folks are always worried and judgmental, it is because what is lacking in their lives. We judge and worry and fake like we are concerned because deep down inside, our lives are missing what others have. You can lie to me and use fancy words and make it sound good, but you can't lie to yourself. It shows. :wavey: Touche Madam :kiss:

It don't get no realer than this. KUDOS chick! :tup:

What's real about hiding behind a fake lineage of thinking? Let's be real, southern women live for marriage and to be loved. keeping it real is not living a lie and telling yourself a lie. If she didn't yearn for that married life, she would have never went down the road of having a family. Lies, lies, lies is all folks tell in 2011.

What's real about hiding behind a fake lineage of thinking? Let's be real, southern women live for marriage and to be loved. keeping it real is not living a lie and telling yourself a lie. If she didn't yearn for that married life, she would have never went down the road of having a family. Lies, lies, lies is all folks tell in 2011.

Many women (though not all) ALL desire marriage. It's not just a "southern mentality."

This is for those men who are OVER 30.

What's preventing ya'll from marriage, especially those who are much older and knocking down 50, like Cee? :D What ya'll waiting on?

And for the divorced men? Will you consider re-marriage with the right woman? Any guys on here who did re-marry?

Two things: MONEY and the fact that the products are JUST not in the area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back