Marriage: Single Men Who are 30+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why not [eventually] just marry?

Seriously though, what is the difference between being a committed, monogamous relationship and being married? Nothing. If I am doing all the things the other is doing, what is the difference? Folks seem to miss those points. A piece of paper doesn't mean anything. It is the commitment that matters........

Seriously though, what is the difference between being a committed, monogamous relationship and being married? Nothing. If I am doing all the things the other is doing, what is the difference? Folks seem to miss those points. A piece of paper doesn't mean anything. It is the commitment that matters........

Men could go for this but good luck convincing the average woman that lol

It is the commitment that matters. But you know how many black families (especially from religious fams) frown upon shacking. Personally, I don't see a big problem with it (good way to know the FULL deal on your SO), but I KNOW I would feel some disappointment from my family if I ever decided to go that route.

It is the commitment that matters. But you know how many black families (especially from religious fams) frown upon shacking. Personally, I don't see a big problem with it (good way to know the FULL deal on your SO), but I KNOW I would feel some disappointment from my family if I ever decided to go that route.

An that is why so many folks are in the divorce, unhappy and more messed up stuff in our community. Momma and Nem have screwed up generations with their judgmental thinking. Not picking on you per say, just pointing out the main issues. This is just like the "You gone be a preacher boy" line that has messed up the church. It is time for folks to put momma and nem in their place, and do what makes you happy, because momma and nem done lived their life, and why on earth would you wanna repeat the same screwed up stuff they did is beyond me.

An that is why so many folks are in the divorce, unhappy and more messed up stuff in our community. Momma and Nem have screwed up generations with their judgmental thinking. Not picking on you per say, just pointing out the main issues. This is just like the "You gone be a preacher boy" line that has messed up the church. It is time for folks to put momma and nem in their place, and do what makes you happy, because momma and nem done lived their life, and why on earth would you wanna repeat the same screwed up stuff they did is beyond me.

Oh I feel ya. :lol:

Oh I feel ya. :lol:

That's where my "I don't do country chicks come from". Not saying being from the country, just folks who have that country mentality. The small town country got more under handed, sneaky, creeping stuff that goes on then any big city in America, yet they always show up giving you the same bad azz advice. :lol: Are you serious? Who does that? :lmao: For real!! :llol:

What I've discovered in this late stage of life is that a yoke can indeed change direction. :read: And, if the other party isn't changing w/ it, then someone will become unhappy and prolly unfaithful. :read:

I can only speak for myself, but the answer is simple. Most men are looking for a woman that they can be with. I am looking for that one woman that I can't be without!
I feel you. But I do know if that will come again. So I may just keep hanging.

This is for those men who are OVER 30.

What's preventing ya'll from marriage, especially those who are much older and knocking down 50, like Cee? :D What ya'll waiting on?

And for the divorced men? Will you consider re-marriage with the right woman? Any guys on here who did re-marry?

I am waiting on the right lady. Love made me remarry. Common sense should have stopped me. I am single and doing the Lavert thing "I can find someone to hold me, but that wouldn't be enough. I would give anything and everything to fall in love."

Can't go with you on that one CEE. That is another part of why I am not married. If you up the puttie to soon or move shack it results the probability of marriage by about 80%

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I aint getting married until I"m between 52-56 when I'm old and wearing down...

I'm having too much fun being a slut...well let me say "dating" owwwwww

I'm under 30 so I can't comment. Even at 26, I understand fully what Panthro means. From most of the married people I know, I don't get positive vibe about the institution of marriage. My entire thought process on marriage and kids have changed.

. From most of the married people I know, I don't get positive vibe about the institution of marriage. My entire thought process on marriage and kids have changed.

Yeah, when I was at my last job a few years ago I got that same vibe from some of my co-workers who were in their late 40s to early 50. I was like, "Man, you guys sure are killing the dream."

But just because the folks you know marriage fails or is kinda rocky, doesn't necessarily mean that will be the case once you decide to get hitched. Every couple is different.

Been there done that.....

Fool me once shame on YOU
Fool me twice shame on MY dumbarse!!!! LOL

This is for those men who are OVER 30.

What's preventing ya'll from marriage, especially those who are much older and knocking down 50, like Cee? :D What ya'll waiting on?

And for the divorced men? Will you consider re-marriage with the right woman? Any guys on here who did re-marry?

I'm married, but if I EVER GET DIVORCED I will not get married again:lol:. I love my wife, but being single is less stressful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm under 30 so I can't comment. Even at 26, I understand fully what Panthro means. From most of the married people I know, I don't get positive vibe about the institution of marriage. My entire thought process on marriage and kids have changed.

so you dont know anyone with successful marriages. i get what yall saying yall dont wanna get married and thats cool marriage aint for everybody but why base it on the negative stories u hear on marriage. aint it successfull marriages here on swacpage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back