Jackson State Football (The Downfall of a Rich Heritage)

True.

This isn't something that ”just happened” to JSU for no reason.

This is the result of pride, arrogance, ignorance, and gross incompetence.

This is a CONSEQUENCE of who they are - fans included - and the actions they’ve taken.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch as far as I'm concerned. It's exactly what they deserve.

AMEN!!

As a Jackson State University Alum who has grown up watching Jackson State during its highs and during its lows, this has got to be the WORST I have ever seen JSU football. The administration has played around with this program long enough and its time for some REAL change. This is not about JSU just loosing, this is about a rich heritage on its way down the drain if something isn't done and QUICKLY. Its not healthy for JSU nor the SWAC. Our recruiting is poor, our plays are mediocre, the coaches we have do not have winning records and the Athletic department CONTINUES to hire poor choices for the program. John Hendricks seems like a very good guy and I can tell he has a heart for these guys but he has CLEARLY not put together a competitive football team nor staff. The quarterbacks we have are terrible and our offense is playing junior high football while the defense forgets that this is a 4 quarter game. When thinking about all of the great coaches that have lead JSU to being a powerhouse in the SWAC like Bob Hill, W.C. Gorden, Robert (judge) Hughes and Rick Comegy , its almost unbelievable how the administration have let down the students and fanbase and made a mess out of this football program. People think that JSU's biggest mistake was when we fired Rick Comegy but it started when they fired Robert Hughes in 2003. Im not saying John Hendricks should be fired this year but SOMETHING has got to be done to revive this program because right now JSU football is on life support in need of MAJOR surgery.

James Bell

this goes for every school in the SWAC tho. Especially SU. Y’all just as prideful and arrogant as any other with the same incompetence. Not to mention y’all also have just as many issues as any other school. It’s beyond me how you could even say this without mentioning any other school but I digress. No school in the SWAC is above or better than the other in any area if we all are being honest. And before y’all start a pissing contest, notice I said this is for ALL SWAC schools. Hell really any HBCU.

EVERY school!!!!!!

JSU is going through what we all have or will go through. It's frustrating as hell. I'm the first to the joke but seriously...it is frustrating.

JSU you have to also understand why some folks are laughing....you all at times shit on every football program but seem to want sympathy when your program is in chaos.

Understood and it’s all fair honestly but I doubt we look for sympathy, if that’s the case everyone does lol. We just gone talk our noise back at the end of the day. It’s a constant circle with all of us. Just how life works

this goes for every school in the SWAC tho. Especially SU. Y’all just as prideful and arrogant as any other with the same incompetence. Not to mention y’all also have just as many issues as any other school. It’s beyond me how you could even say this without mentioning any other school but I digress. No school in the SWAC is above or better than the other in any area if we all are being honest. And before y’all start a pissing contest, notice I said this is for ALL SWAC schools. Hell really any HBCU.

I have not seen any arrogance shown by SU folk with regard to the downfall of your football program. Sure, SU folk are rightfully full of pride, but our comments tend to be appropriate based on the circumstances.. Come on now, lets be honest and tell the truth!

Jackson State hasn't been consistent to me since the BET(Channel) Football game days. That's as far as I can go back. I'm sure the Originally topic started and his statements are valid.
Welcome back! Haven't seen you post in years. How is everything going?

I have not seen any arrogance shown by SU folk with regard to the downfall of your football program. Sure, SU folk are rightfully full of pride, but our comments tend to be appropriate based on the circumstances.. Come on now, lets be honest and tell the truth!
Key word Rightfully, the thing is j st think there rightfully to shame other schools but they can't.

True.

This isn't something that ”just happened” to JSU for no reason.

This is the result of pride, arrogance, ignorance, and gross incompetence.

This is a CONSEQUENCE of who they are - fans included - and the actions they’ve taken.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch as far as I'm concerned. It's exactly what they deserve.

I agree wholeheartedly
and this sentiment that the SWAC needs JSU to thrive... seems to be rolling right along quite nicely as far as I'm concerned lol

EVERY school!!!!!!

JSU is going through what we all have or will go through. It's frustrating as hell. I'm the first to the joke but seriously...it is frustrating.

correct no one is above reproach with this. Alcorn certainly had its time and not a soul cried for us, Gram had their time too and came out of it. JSU has to do the necessary work which may take way longer than a 3 year turn around. It be's like that sometimes.

I was completely honest in what I stated. If you haven’t seen any arrogance in your SU brethren then you haven’t been paying attention, especially on here and Facebook. Hell, it’s on this thread lol. Y’all some of the most arrogant mofos on the planet which is why we bump heads a lot and your biggest rivals. Atleast I can admit us JSU folks are arrogant and probably always will be but folks gone see what they want I guess. Regardless, have your fun. None of it bothers us JSU folks, I was making a general statement that we all are just the same.

I was completely honest in what I stated. If you haven’t seen any arrogance in your SU brethren then you haven’t been paying attention, especially on here and Facebook. Hell, it’s on this thread lol. Y’all some of the most arrogant mofos on the planet which is why we bump heads a lot and your biggest rivals. Atleast I can admit us JSU folks are arrogant and probably always will be but folks gone see what they want I guess. Regardless, have your fun. None of it bothers us JSU folks, I was making a general statement that we all are just the same.

We are arrogant but we don’t come for anybody unless they come for us FUST!!!!

Back