Jackson State Football (The Downfall of a Rich Heritage)

@houstonpolice NCAA data (limited to 2000-last season) shows this:

Southern's per game average attendance was better than Jackson State's in 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.

Jackson's per game average attendance was better than Southern's in 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2016 and 2018.

So that's 10 seasons for Southern and nine seasons for Jackson State. It's pretty much neck and neck.

Jackson was the last D-1 HBCU to average 20K/home game in 2018. Before that, Southern averaged 20k/game in 2013.

———
I think the data shows that the schools both have great fanbases that weathered bad coaching eras and attendance rose as the teams grew more competitive.

Attachments

• HBCU D-1 Attendance 2000-2018.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 1
From their NOLA parade appearances to that whole Trump thing ... I honestly think Dega really would do anything for clout (Thanks Cardi and Offset).
It would be funny to watch the Jukebox basically ignore them while Dega would be trying so hard to get a response.

how about people need to go back to encouraging our better athletes to attend our schools as well as stop snubbing our recruiters when they attempt to recruit them!!

how about people need to go back to encouraging our better athletes to attend our schools as well as stop snubbing our recruiters when they attempt to recruit them!!
It's wayyyy different these days and it is only getting harder. JSU needs to be ashamed.

I could see if we were talking about being competitive out of conference then you would have a good point. Do you think Alcorn recruiters are getting better treatment than Jackson State or Southern recruiters. We should be on equal footing on that level. If you look at facilities, the schools with the nicest facilities in the conference haven't even been dominant to be honest. Grambling and Alcorn have pretty much dominated the last 5 years.

Back