Jackson State Football (The Downfall of a Rich Heritage)

I think JSU's athletic budget is limited until the school's cash reserve has reached a certain amount. I'm sure the IHL Board has the current administration hands tied. Folks don't realize how financially bad off JSU's last administration left the school. One good thing, JSU is in the SWAC. With the level of coaching in this conference, it shouldn't be too difficult to get back to winning.

Last edited:
How many of these head coaches are JSU alums? If it means anything, SU's two most winning head coaches, Mumford and Richardson, were not SU grads.

WC Gordon was a Tenn St grad. Big Daddy and Judge were JSU grads concerning winning head coaches.

OMJ was the only JSU grad as far as these losers are concerned.

The volleyball coach we have has been at JSU for over 20 years. We have a team heavy with freshman due to graduation.

Then that answers the question that it's not Ashley's responsibility for what's happening with them.

The pic is right on and funny as hell. As A Grambling Tiger, I am happy to see pride in the J-State alums not accepting mediocrity. Restoration in returned greatness starts here.

However, humility can never be forgotten. You fire a coach that lost in overtime in the pinnacle SWAC championship game. As soon as that pink slip was issued a “Comedy of errors (pun intended)” has been a constant as duly illustrated in the pic of the four coaches. Some may call this fate, but you got what you deserved.

Dig deep and find respectability J-State. I agree the SWAC is not the same without J-State being respectable.

As a Jackson State University Alum who has grown up watching Jackson State during its highs and during its lows, this has got to be the WORST I have ever seen JSU football. The administration has played around with this program long enough and its time for some REAL change. This is not about JSU just loosing, this is about a rich heritage on its way down the drain if something isn't done and QUICKLY. Its not healthy for JSU nor the SWAC. Our recruiting is poor, our plays are mediocre, the coaches we have do not have winning records and the Athletic department CONTINUES to hire poor choices for the program. John Hendricks seems like a very good guy and I can tell he has a heart for these guys but he has CLEARLY not put together a competitive football team nor staff. The quarterbacks we have are terrible and our offense is playing junior high football while the defense forgets that this is a 4 quarter game. When thinking about all of the great coaches that have lead JSU to being a powerhouse in the SWAC like Bob Hill, W.C. Gorden, Robert (judge) Hughes and Rick Comegy , its almost unbelievable how the administration have let down the students and fanbase and made a mess out of this football program. People think that JSU's biggest mistake was when we fired Rick Comegy but it started when they fired Robert Hughes in 2003. Im not saying John Hendricks should be fired this year but SOMETHING has got to be done to revive this program because right now JSU football is on life support in need of MAJOR surgery.
Who da hell is you? Did someone sign off on this? Where they sponsor? Someone needs to answer for this.

_____(insert any SWAC school name here)___ rich football legacy died years ago. Can things change? Absolutely. Do I think things will change soon? No. _____(insert any SWAC school name here)___ athletics seem to be controlled by incompetent people. _____(insert any SWAC school name here)___ has had so many coaching changes in the last 10 years and still a sorry product is on the field.

But the fans ain't going no where ... half are delusional (stuck in the glory days) and half just go for the culture.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. FYP.

True.

This isn't something that ”just happened” to JSU for no reason.

This is the result of pride, arrogance, ignorance, and gross incompetence.

This is a CONSEQUENCE of who they are - fans included - and the actions they’ve taken.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch as far as I'm concerned. It's exactly what they deserve.
I agree... Was PV a once proud football power in the conference? Oh well, bye bye j st. 👋👋

However, humility can never be forgotten. You fire a coach that lost in overtime in the pinnacle SWAC championship game. As soon as that pink slip was issued a “Comedy of errors (pun intended)” has been a constant as duly illustrated in the pic of the four coaches. Some may call this fate, but you got what you deserved.
Loss the SCG 2 straight years in OT. And now, haven't had a winning season since.

Jackson State hasn't been consistent to me since the BET(Channel) Football game days. That's as far as I can go back. I'm sure the Originally topic started and his statements are valid.

True.

This isn't something that ”just happened” to JSU for no reason.

This is the result of pride, arrogance, ignorance, and gross incompetence.

This is a CONSEQUENCE of who they are - fans included - and the actions they’ve taken.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch as far as I'm concerned. It's exactly what they deserve.

this goes for every school in the SWAC tho. Especially SU. Y’all just as prideful and arrogant as any other with the same incompetence. Not to mention y’all also have just as many issues as any other school. It’s beyond me how you could even say this without mentioning any other school but I digress. No school in the SWAC is above or better than the other in any area if we all are being honest. And before y’all start a pissing contest, notice I said this is for ALL SWAC schools. Hell really any HBCU.

Back