Has society become just too sensitive about football?

It's amazing that given all we know regarding the dangers of concussive and sub-concussive hits that people would be arguing in favor of slapping the helmets of children with still-developing brains. Then again, given how discussions on spanking go, people fight really hard for the right to abuse children, so I guess it really isn't totally surprising.

I can see him slapping all the black kids, but I don't believe an angry black man slapping the helmet of a cac kid when they made a mistake.

I can believe him tagging yall asses and allowing him to do it, but cac kids, nah, don't believe you breh breh
Believe what you want. I was there on the field with the gladiators. Not playing some tin instrument, sitting in the stands.

On the field:
227x227bb.jpg

Dude, my black coach slapped ALL of our helmets when we screwed up. White or black, he didn't discriminate.

I can see him slapping all the black kids, but I don't believe an angry black man slapping the helmet of a cac kid when they made a mistake.

I can believe him tagging yall asses and allowing him to do it, but cac kids, nah, don't believe you breh breh

It's the number one reason corporal punishment was taken out of schools; so black teachers would not lay hands on John Boy and Betty Ann.

It's the number one reason corporal punishment was taken out of schools; so black teachers would not lay hands on John Boy and Betty Ann.

Ah yea.

I don't blame any of these dudes that favor this babble slave crap, I just take as they don't know what they need to know about that act.

It's deeper than rap

Funny how we want cops to show restraint when dealing with all sorts of folks, but advocate for physical abuse of kids who jump off sides during a football game.

It's amazing that given all we know regarding the dangers of concussive and sub-concussive hits that people would be arguing in favor of slapping the helmets of children with still-developing brains. Then again, given how discussions on spanking go, people fight really hard for the right to abuse children, so I guess it really isn't totally surprising.

I am glad someone brought up this point because it is in the same vein. If you are dumb enough to spank/beat your child on social media for the whole world to view, you deserve whatever punishment rendered. Sean Woods blackballed himself out of a good mid-major job because he couldn't keep his hands to his damn self on TV (currently an assistant at a D2 school)

Same with this. Apparently this wasn't just a slap on the helmet in the heat of the moment thing to receive this type of punishment. If it was recorded and the school actually did something about it, they know something we don't.

P.S. I played football for 4 years in high school.

So playing flag football stops a kid from being slapped upside their head?

So if the kid that plays flag football, fumbles he doesn't get slapped, but if the kid plays regular football and that kid fumbles, late for practice, miss a tackle, he gets slapped upside his head by a coach??
It happens. You have to be tough.

They've never been exposed to a football locker room or weight room at any level.

Lol,

I think it's bigger than what goes on in a locker room on what ppl are saying.

Some looking at it at something bigger than what ppl consider the norm. It's time to cut that out In my opinion.

You allow cacs coaches, to slap, cuss out, your son in public or private, that says a lot about the mind-set and we are still don't understand our plight.

I see what you're saying though, but in 2018, it's time for all that stuff to be cut out in my opinion. Berating a black kid by a cac coach is some slave-mind babble. There are ways to address things, and getting slapped up by a coach, who is mad because a hard count drew the kid off-sides, Nah

I understand your frustration, but that is just part of the game.

Can we as black men change that part?

Can we tell the cac coach, "Say fam, let's not put hands on my kid like that" There are other ways to getting your point across.

Can all the black men in LA, MS, TX, say this at the practices?

Not really

Just a condition

Pull me some clips where (angry) black coaches are slapping a cac kid upside his head, then I may consider the thought that it's part of the game.

How many black coaches were fired because of that? going upside a cac kid's head

So what about helmet slaps when a kid comes back on the sideline after getting a turnover/scoop-and-score/Pick 6?

Just as dangerous and unnecessary, and there's research supporting this. We know that trauma to the brain is cumulative, and as I stated earlier, children's brains are far more easily damaged than those of adults. The intent or person doing it is irrelevant. There have already been calls by concussion experts to ban head slapping of all kinds in youth football.

Man my high school band director slap the back of my head in band practice. LOL....man these kids are soft as mashed potatoes these days.
Would you allow your boss to slap you? If your answer is "no", does that make you soft as mashed potatoes? What's the difference if a college player refused to allow his boss to slap him?

I dont know why folks love comparing sports environments to office environments.
Because both involve human beings. Hitting is hitting, especially if the hitting is not consensual.
Now, if hitting players is so effective, why don't NFL coaches hit their players in the head? At the very highest level of play, why aren't professional coaches allowed to hit their players?
Are they to be considered "soft or wussies" for not allowing their coach to hit them in the head?

Last edited:
Because both involve human beings. Hitting is hitting, especially if the hitting is not consensual.
Now, if hitting players is so effective, why don't NFL coaches hit their players in the head? At the very highest level of play, why aren't professional coaches allowed to hit their players?
Are they to be considered "soft or wussies" for not allowing their coach to hit them in the head?

Because those coaches would get beat down.

Back