Has society become just too sensitive about football?

PV-PRIDE

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

ETSU: Head coach Randy Sanders has been fined one week’s pay for slapping a player’s helmet during a practice last week. Sanders will also receive a letter of reprimand from the University. The AP has a run down of the events which led to Sanders being docked one week’s pay. The relevant point for our audience is this, “Witnesses said the incident was surprising but many players noted they had seen “far worse disciplinary actions” in high school sports. All the witnesses said they didn’t consider the slap to be physically harmful and that it didn’t appear to be done with intent to hurt the player.”

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is a good and great topic.. Us as black American males have to be careful that we don't lose a kid. Because most of the time we are men in our households before we are men(physical). Adult males have to be careful on how we approach certain kids because in there minds they are adults, putting hands on a kid who's mindset is as an adult could be very dangerous for an authority figure.

Do we really want authority figures indiscriminately placing hands on young people just because its in a sports environment?

Well, it depends. And I know I am gonna just killed for this. If it was Eddie Robinson at Grambling or Jake Gaiter at FAMU etc., I don't know if I would have that much of a problem with it. But if it was Bear Bryant or Nick Saban at BAMA etc., oh HELL NALL!!! I know, where do you draw the line? But anyway, I am sure yall will show me the error of my ways. LOL!!! Don't be too harsh on me. LOL!!!!!

Don't slap my kids, family members.

Don't give a dayum if you're a coach or not. Keep your hands off mines

When you make a bad play or put me in a bad position as a coach, Let me yell at yo ass and slap you upside yo head for calling out that dumb ass play or being out-coached.

Too much going on nowadays, game aint that deep

This is a good and great topic.. Us as black American males have to be careful that we don't lose a kid. Because most of the time we are men in our households before we are men(physical). Adult males have to be careful on how we approach certain kids because in there minds they are adults, putting hands on a kid who's mindset is as an adult could be very dangerous for an authority figure.

Tell me about it.

I was talking to my son's high school football coach about the challenges he faces with parents more than the players. I have seen parents get mad at him for fussing at his players etc.... Once a player got in to a fight on a the field and was kicked out of a game. Well LHSAA has a rule if you are kicked out 2 games you are ineligible to compete in any sport the rest of the year. My son's coach has a rule that there will be no fighting on his team.

Do you know a mother came and got her son off the bench and was mad at the coach for fussing at him. Then she called all the parents trying to get the coach fired. A special PTA meeting was called. I stood up and told them that they should be ashamed of themselves and that our young men are being softened up because parents have a problem with disciplining their kids. I went to say that our kids are playing a high contact sport and it takes a ton of tenacity to compete.

Hell a number of parents were more concerned about the word tenacity than anything. Nowadays we have players ready to or have jumped on coaches...etc....

Don't slap my kids, family members.

Don't give a dayum if you're a coach or not. Keep your hands off mines

When you make a bad play or put me in a bad position as a coach, Let me yell at yo ass and slap you upside yo head for calling out that dumb ass play or being out-coached.

Too much going on nowadays, game aint that deep
Well, keep your kids off the field. On the field, there's only gladiators.

There always room in the band.

Tell me about it.

I was talking to my son's high school football coach about the challenges he faces with parents more than the players. I have seen parents get mad at him for fussing at his players etc.... Once a player got in to a fight on a the field and was kicked out of a game. Well LHSAA has a rule if you are kicked out 2 games you are ineligible to compete in any sport the rest of the year. My son's coach has a rule that there will be no fighting on his team.

Do you know a mother came and got her son off the bench and was mad at the coach for fussing at him. Then she called all the parents trying to get the coach fired. A special PTA meeting was called. I stood up and told them that they should be ashamed of themselves and that our young men are being softened up because parents have a problem with disciplining their kids. I went to say that our kids are playing a high contact sport and it takes a ton of tenacity to compete.

Hell a number of parents were more concerned about the word tenacity than anything. Nowadays we have players ready to or have jumped on coaches...etc....
Yea man from reading your comment this shows why its so important to have a man a true man in the house hold. From my personal experience me growing up without that male figure I was learning on a fly. Whenever a male figure would raise there voice or do something i disliked, oh he was going to know about it. Still to this day i struggle with that. Also i feel this is the reason we're losing our black athletes to bigger schools because male adults don't know how to be men. Plus our young men are being raised in single parent households and the mom encourages there son to go to the " white schools". I'm tell all y'all brothers slavery is still present to this day!! It just comes in spiritual and mental form today.

No problem.

Slapping a kid upside his head, does nothing, nothing up-lifting about that.

Let your kids get beat upon by other adults boys and girls.

Ppl still thinking like slaves in 2018. Got to much going on to be letting that goofy sh1t happen.

Man I'm telling yall when u put hands on ANYBODY aside of self defense, u r in trouble!! Its about equality not men putting hands on women. KEEP HANDS TO YOURSELF!!

EXACTLY!!!!!

My son said, "Coach gets on my ass an I come back trying to get in the game on the next play." I allow him to use profanity when he is directly quoting the coaches. Yet, he is only allowed to do so around me.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Tuck Fhat, we don't want them soft arse kids in our band....

No problem.

Slapping a kid upside his head, does nothing, nothing up-lifting about that.

Let your kids get beat upon by other adults boys and girls.

Ppl still thinking like slaves in 2018. Got to much going on to be letting that goofy sh1t happen.

children-baseball-little_leaguer-participation-participation_trophies-tries-mbcn4350_low.jpg

Let' just be real.......it is not just slapping a helmet. (Which I have no problem with by the way......it is an attention grabber not meant to hurt anything but the coaches hand....)

There is a problem with giving discipline period in this day and time.

If coaches runs the players, bear crawls, duck walks, or 4x4's (gasers) or any of the traditional methods of getting you to change your behavior he will probably have issues from those entities not on the field! (Parents, administration, etc...)

So yall dudes are letting grown ass men slap the piss outta yo kid because of a mistake?

If that aint some slave type mind-set.

The hell is wrong wit you dudes?

Yall cool with letting a cac go up side your kid's head (black coach) is wrong too, but a cac, slap the piss outta yo kid because of a mistake and yall think it's some macho sh1t?

Man you nigs need help

So let me get this st8

Kid 13,(I don't give a sh1t how old the kid is, but 13 is used for this example) fumbles the ball on a kick-off.

Coach gets mad and slaps the kid upside his head for fumbling, and yall goofy ass black men sitting in the stands allowing this to take place in front of other ppl? So it's ok for the coach to do it not only in public, but in private too, practice?

So the Head Coach slaps the kid for fumbling, then the assistant or whoever that is over the kicking team, gets on the kid for fumbling as well and slaps him in his head?

That's 2 slaps for a mistake, a fumble, (that dayum near happens in a football game) and yall nigs are up in the stand, allowing this sh1t to go down? Lol

Man we got to much going on in this world to be allowing stupid sh1t like this take place. To much.

Folks letting cac coaches slap their kids upside their head for a drop pass or a bad route.

You dudes disgust me smh Who raised you docile nigs mane

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish a motherfugger would touch mines or any member of my family, I promise, we all coming out the stands.

I wish a motherfugger would curse out mines or any member of my family in a disrespectful manner , I promise, we all coming out the stands, All 20 of us that's at the game. I got the bail money.

Yall nigs are on some goofy sh1t, let these ppl go upside your kid's head, slave ass nigs mane smh

Coach don't even hit their own kids, but they'll go upside your own kid and yall out here allowing that crap.

Man black ppl so dayum goofy I tell you smh

Won't be any of mines of any related to my family

So yall dudes are letting grown ass men slap the piss outta yo kid because of a mistake?

If that aint some slave type mind-set.

The hell is wrong wit you dudes?

Yall cool with letting a cac go up side your kid's head (black coach) is wrong too, but a cac, slap the piss outta yo kid because of a mistake and yall think it's some macho sh1t?

Man you nigs need help

Nobody is in favor of a coach beating the brains out of a kid. You're being over the top as usual dude. lol

Nobody is in favor of a coach beating the brains out of a kid. You're being over the top as usual dude. lol

I think you're being over the top

When did I state "beating the brains out of a kid"

You made that remark to down play how goofy the act yall allowing to happen is.

Makes sense when you use your head and put it all together about what I'm saying.

I don't give a sh1t if it's a light tap or push on the helmet, We tearing that bih down if a coach ever did some goofy sh1t like that to mines or anyone in my family, I promise you that

Letting a coach go upside a kid's head for a mistake, that happens at the pro level, Man yall dudes are on some goofy ass sh1t

Back