Grambling State releases football field construction update

That wall is like 3 to 4 feet but the hill side is about 2 ft. Remember that every area and regions are different, the diagram would be correct if the earth was flat and all ground are equal. It's not thats why you have geos on every project. All earth react different. The field was actually raised with a soul Cement base. So now the fans will be closer to the game play and the field will drain into the new drainage system installed around the stadium. Now what I question is how the hell they get the water up the hill. I have never seen a pump but then again I have never ventured into the room sitting next to the down ramp. Im would think it's electrical but it could be a outdated pump thats being replaced.

Two things, if you zoom in on Founder's image below, the wall is approximately 1 to 1.5-ft. higher than the top step/landing of the stadium steps in the right corner. There are 6 steps total. A standard step is approximately 8-inches high. 6 X 8 = 48-inches or 4-ft. Therefore, the top step is approximately 4-ft. high from ground level. If you add 1 to 1.5-ft to 4-ft., the wall would be approximately 5 to 5.5-ft. Also, unless it's an optical illusion, the construction crew behind the goal post must be an all midget crew.

And for your pump question, a lot of pumps are submersible pumps, which means they would be placed in some wet-well below ground elevation. Therefore, you would not be able to see the pumps unless you remove some manhole cover and look down into the wet-well. Due to limited space, I've actually designed a set of submersible pumps placed in the middle of a road in Kenner, LA. The last image below show two manhole covers at street level for the wet-well of the submersible pumps and the value box that I designed, with a little white Toyota parked on top of them. The only thing a person would see are the LOCKED manhole covers at street level. Now the brick building to the right in Founder's picture could quite possibly be the pump house. The four vent hoods on top of the building could be ventilation for four pumps. If that is the case, I assume the pump control panel is program to equally alternate the operation time of each pump, so that one pump doesn't get overworked. Also, multiple pumps can operate at the same time in case one or two pumps can't keep up or can't discharge enough water fast enough.
IMG_8811.jpg

IMG_8814.jpg

20431737_10155049959813386_705284057426255051_n.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-30_23-59-31.png
    upload_2017-7-30_23-59-31.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Question, why wouldn't you count the wall course? 2nd, why would you add a foot to the wall when the wall clearly starts at the landing height, and those risers aren't 8" more like 6" but still making the wall 4ft max.
Either way we good. Better place to see a game over that thing in Scotlandville. Track makes the game like a high school event, fans are just too far away

No offense Jag89 but how can you make a determination without being onsite and without seeing the entire construction as an engineer and without it being tested to see if it's faulty?

By your examination this is a cluster fuck. Monday morning quarterbacking at best without a game being held on Sunday.

Bottom line is as long as we kick azz in this Ditch/pond, whatever you wanna call it then we good.

No offense Jag89 but how can you make a determination without being onsite and without seeing the entire construction as an engineer and without it being tested to see if it's faulty?

By your examination this is a cluster fuck. Monday morning quarterbacking at best without a game being held on Sunday.

If you read and THOROUGHLY comprehended all my posts, nowhere you'll find that I made a determination on anything. A good engineer would never make a determination without doing a THOROUGH investigation of the site, which is why I stated that a review of the Geotechnical Engineering Report prior to the stadium being built is a good way of finding out the site's natural geological formation or what is shown on the site's lithostratigraphic chart and boring logs prior to construction. Most of what I stated was my opinion from experience and basic knowledge of Engineering Geology and Soil Mechanics. Also, I have visited Robinson Stadium back in the mid-90's and one thing I did noticed, there was pockets of standing water all along the sideline and that water didn't come from some rain storm or some broken water line. Below is a Google Earth photo that has also caught my attention. In the photo, there is a distinct line of greener grass along the lower section of the embankment. Anyone with common sense would know that something has caused that grass to be greener at the lower section of the slope. I'm sure some would say, maybe Grambling's grounds crew only fertilized the lower section of the slope, but I'm sure there are many other PROBABLE CAUSES. One thing you have to understand about engineering Founder, it's not always an exact science. Therefore, prior to any construction, it is always best to follow the professional recommendations of those individuals who have done the complete Engineering Analysis and Assessment on the site or what we call preliminary engineering. I'm sure someone has all the Preliminary Engineering Reports on Robinson Stadium prior to it being constructed. As I stated previously, IMO, Grambling's stadium was built in a precarious way. Instead of saying it's a cluster screw up, it's more like a SNAFU, which most of us with prior military experience know what that means.

20431461_10155051458298386_7131667830970062479_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you read and THOROUGHLY comprehended all my posts, nowhere you'll find that I made a determination on anything. A good engineer would never make a determination without doing a THOROUGH investigation of the site, which is why I stated that a review of the Geotechnical Engineering Report prior to the stadium being built is a good way of finding out the site's natural geological formation or what is shown on the site's lithostratigraphic chart prior to construction. Most of what I stated was my opinion from experience and basic knowledge of Engineering Geology and Soil Mechanics. Also, I have visited Robinson Stadium back in the mid-90's and one thing I did noticed, there was pockets of standing water all along the sideline and that water didn't come from some rain storm or some broken water line. Below is a Google Earth photo that has also caught my attention. In the photo, there is a distinct line of greener grass along the lower section of the embankment. Anyone with common sense would know that something has caused that grass to be greener at the lower section of the slope. I'm sure some would say, maybe Grambling's grounds crew only fertilized the lower section of the slope, but I'm sure there are many other PROBABLE CAUSES. One thing you have to understand about engineering Founder, it's not always an exact science. Therefore, prior to any construction, it is always best to follow the professional recommendations of those individuals who have done the complete Engineering Analysis and Assessment on the site or what we call preliminary engineering. I'm sure someone has all the Preliminary Engineering Reports on Robinson Stadium prior to it being constructed. As I stated previously, IMO, Grambling's stadium was built in a precarious way. Instead of saying it's a cluster screw up, it's more like a SNAFU, which most of us with prior military experience know what that means.

You are aware that there have been a number of drainage upgrades since then. Some of the upgrades many on this page were unaware of even myself until I started working in the current capacity that I am in....sometimes fixtures go unannounced.

I'm not saying you are not right/wrong but what I am saying is some of what you are posting gives off the vibe that the people constructing it have no idea of what they are doing. Now I did post the company and they are/have constructed a number of retainer walls throughout the parish.

Also, when was that GIS picture taken? I know for a fact that out ArcReader/change finder system took aerial pictures as recently as 2 months ago as I am personally using it now and the picture that I am looking at looks nothing like the one you posted above.

No worries the imagery date is October 30, 2014.

Question, why wouldn't you count the wall course? 2nd, why would you add a foot to the wall when the wall clearly starts at the landing height, and those risers aren't 8" more like 6" but still making the wall 4ft max.
Either way we good. Better place to see a game over that thing in Scotlandville. Track makes the game like a high school event, fans are just too far away

Does it appears that the wall and the landing are at the same height??? With my old eyes, I might have missed a step and the landing is HIGHER, but either way, the wall appears more than 4-ft. Also, my tape measure could be off on the last picture.

upload_2017-7-31_15-41-33.png

20597299_10155051559188386_7543558714101639929_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you read and THOROUGHLY comprehended all my posts, nowhere you'll find that I made a determination on anything. A good engineer would never make a determination without doing a THOROUGH investigation of the site, which is why I stated that a review of the Geotechnical Engineering Report prior to the stadium being built is a good way of finding out the site's natural geological formation or what is shown on the site's lithostratigraphic chart prior to construction. Most of what I stated was my opinion from experience and basic knowledge of Engineering Geology and Soil Mechanics. Also, I have visited Robinson Stadium back in the mid-90's and one thing I did noticed, there was pockets of standing water all along the sideline and that water didn't come from some rain storm or some broken water line. Below is a Google Earth photo that has also caught my attention. In the photo, there is a distinct line of greener grass along the lower section of the embankment. Anyone with common sense would know that something has caused that grass to be greener at the lower section of the slope. I'm sure some would say, maybe Grambling's grounds crew only fertilized the lower section of the slope, but I'm sure there are many other PROBABLE CAUSES. One thing you have to understand about engineering Founder, it's not always an exact science. Therefore, prior to any construction, it is always best to follow the professional recommendations of those individuals who have done the complete Engineering Analysis and Assessment on the site or what we call preliminary engineering. I'm sure someone has all the Preliminary Engineering Reports on Robinson Stadium prior to it being constructed. As I stated previously, IMO, Grambling's stadium was built in a precarious way. Instead of saying it's a cluster screw up, it's more like a SNAFU, which most of us with prior military experience know what that means.

robinson.jpg" alt="robinson" border="0">

You are aware that there have been a number of drainage upgrades since then. Some of the upgrades many on this page were unaware of even myself until I started working in the current capacity that I am in....sometimes fixtures go unannounced.

I'm not saying you are not right/wrong but what I am saying is some of what you are posting gives off the vibe that the people constructing it have no idea of what they are doing. Now I did post the company and they are/have constructed a number of retainer walls throughout the parish.

Also, when was that GIS picture taken? I know for a fact that out ArcReader/change finder system took aerial pictures as recently as 2 months ago as I am personally using it now and the picture that I am looking at looks nothing like the one you posted above.

No worries the imagery date is October 30, 2014.

All I have to say, I hope things do work out for Grambling on this recent renovation, but if stuff starts to move on their own in the next 2 to 3 years, then you might understand why. I'm sure there's a reason why Grambling didn't do any major upgrades to its stadium since the year it was constructed in 1983.

Last edited:
Also @The Founder,

What are those four square cut outs in the picture below. One can see that they are filled with red CLAY, which is similar to the red clay in my home town (Alexandria, LA). The red clay in my hometown is one of the reasons why the Red River appears red. You do realize clay is considered an impermeable soil type, which is another reason why I think the excavation of the stadium could have penerated an aquitard zone.

Also @The Founder,

What are those four square cut outs in the picture below. One can see that they are filled with red CLAY, which is similar to the red clay in my home town (Alexandria, LA). The red clay in my hometown is one of the reasons why the Red River appears red. You do realize clay is considered an impermeable soil type, which is another reason why I think the excavation of the stadium could have penerated an aquitard zone.

Bruh I just posted a picture taken February 2017

Here it is....Those four things are drainages....let go bruh. LOL..

robinson.jpg

Also @The Founder,

The point that I'm making is that all that you are posting how are any of us on this page going to go question an engineer. I am privy to certain things because of my position but I'm not going to run back up on people who are Engineers that have done this type of work before. I mean let it go man. LOL

Bruh I just posted a picture taken February 2017

Here it is....Those four things are drainages....let go bruh. LOL..

robinson.jpg

I can't, inquiring minds want to know. LOL!!! Now tell me this, whose decision was it to build the stadium in a hole??? LMAO!!!

The point that I'm making is that all that you are posting how are any of us on this page going to go question an engineer. I am privy to certain things because of my position but I'm not going to run back up on people who are Engineers that have done this type of work before. I mean let it go man. LOL

You should question your Engineers. Just like any other professional occupation, they can make mistakes too and I have seen plenty young jokers straight out of college with no experience royally screw up something. And most are arrogant jokers from those PWI's.

Last edited:
You shown question your Engineers. Just like any other professional occupation, they can make mistakes too and I have seen plenty young jokers straight out of college with no experience royally screw up something. And most are arrogant jokers from those PWI's.

LOL...man they can do the job. LOL...you are more worried than anyone I have met. LOL

Man I was in the 4th grade when the stadium was completed. LOL

So you are saying you don't know the legendary person at Grambling who made that decision. Didn't you tell me that two of them used to whip your azz when you were a little boy. LOL!!!

Does it appears that the wall and the landing is at the same height??? With my old eyes, I might have missed a step and the landing is HIGHER, but either way, the wall appears more than 4-ft. Also, my tape measure could be off on the last picture.

View attachment 5109

20597299_10155051559188386_7543558714101639929_n.jpg
So You comparing a Wood Stair Riser to a Concrete one? Oh OK.. Guy, we Good... Yall need to remove that Track so Old Folk like you can see the Game

So You comparing a Wood Stair Riser to a Concrete one? Oh OK.. Guy, we Good... Yall need to remove that Track so Old Folk like you can see the Game

Since he's already there, maybe @The Founder can use his tape measure and measure the wall with pictures. It's not that hard to do. LOL!!!

Last edited:
So JAg do you know a black owned company that does retainer walls? LOL

Most firms can design simple retaining walls. Most walls are standard walls, but in Grambling's case, the precarious situation call for extra ordinary measures. LOL!!!

@The Founder,

Like the Atlanta Falcons with their new Mercedes-Benz Stadium with the broken roof, Grambling should have done the KISS method in 1983. LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Most firms can design simple retaining walls. Most walls are standard walls, but in Grambling's case, the precarious situation call for extra ordinary measures. LOL!!!

Man answer my question....you done gave us a class in retainer walls and shit now do you know a negro firm? LOL

Back