Grambling State releases football field construction update

Nice!!! I hope there are plenty weep holes in that short retaining wall they installed around the foot of the stadium or there could be major issues later. The picture below is a prime example of a retaining wall that didn't drain properly. Static water pressure builds up behind it, which is more pressure than the wall was designed to withstand.

57053d1264471058-slope-failure-saga-hills-rivermist-subdivision-img_2694.jpg

Problem is, even though the wall is short in height, it could possibly destabilize the entire slope if not properly drain. If the base of the slope is compromised, the entire slope is subjected to failure, but I'm sure the designers considered this.

1280px-Slope_2d_plain.svg.png

Last edited:
Nice!!! I hope there are plenty weep holes in that short retaining wall they installed around the foot of the stadium or there could be major issues later. The picture below is a prime example of a retaining wall that didn't drain properly. Static water pressure builds up behind it, which is more pressure than the wall was designed to withstand.
So what you're saying JAG89 is that Robinson Stadium could cave in at any moment due to a compromised retaining wall?

So what you're saying JAG89 is that Robinson Stadium could cave in at any moment due to a compromised retaining wall?

Most slopes will collapse if not designed properly. From my experience, most slope failures are due to some retaining wall that wasn't properly drained. In the picture below, noticed the weep holes spaced so many feet apart. Those holes reduce any static water pressure that accumulates behind the wall. Before the improvements, there wasn't a wall and water in the base of the slope drained out freely. But now there's an impermeable wall that keeps water from draining out freely.

patio-21-495x400.

A person will see a lot of these weep holes on roads and bridges retaining walls.

801924_358e4cbd5f3b73c92be846c8b886c714.jpg_srz_535_440_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Here are two details on how those holes are constructed.

RetainTT5.jpg

providing-weep-holes-in-retaining-wall.jpg

If those holes are not properly constructed or there is not enough of them, this is what could possibly happen.

08b.11.jpg

Let the experts speak....LOL

Not to be degrading, but it's always good to have a discussion on these kind of things, so that Black folks can understand how and why certain things are done. I've seen some scary constructions in my days, especially in a lot of Black communities. And some of us have the nerves to become some jackleg electrician. I'm sure folks will be looking for weep holes in retaining walls after this discussion.

Not to be degrading, but it's always good to have a discussion on these kind of things, so that Black folks can understand how and why certain things are done. I've seen some scary constructions in my days, especially in a lot of Black communities. And some of us have the nerves to become some jackleg electrician. I'm sure folks will be looking for weep holes in retaining walls after this discussion.

I understand the discussion but let's be honest....some folks just want to hate...even when I informed folks with proof that it's not on top of a pond...concerning the weep holes I fully understand and are aware of them.

Whatever happened to any of the following:

Hell yea Gram!!!!

Nice!!!!

Finally some upgrades for a Top FCS program....

If you notice how I respond to folks stadiums....some people can't do that.

I understand the discussion but let's be honest....some folks just want to hate...even when I informed folks with proof that it's not on top of a pond...concerning the weep holes I fully understand and are aware of them.

Whatever happened to any of the following:

Hell yea Gram!!!!

Nice!!!!

Finally some upgrades for a Top FCS program....

If you notice how I respond to folks stadiums....some people can't do that.

Next time you go take a few more pictures, can you zoom in on the wall, particularly the base of the wall. Thanks!!!

I like to see the detailed aspects of one's fine construction work. Glossing over stuff, as most Black folks like to do is not my thing.

Back