Grambling State releases football field construction update

Yall really talking about this shigady in the sports section? Do we have a STEM section these folks can go play in (oh, and I work for a EPC firm)?

Contractors ... hire engineers. Remember that.

You are a PART of the project. We're responsible for the whole project.

Stay in your place. Don't get biggity because you think you know something.

Maybe in Louisiana, but it is not like that in most States. As crazy as it might sounds, there's nothing like watching the individuals in my home State do things asshole backwards. This is the main reason why Louisiana is always getting passed over by big businesses (foreign and domestic), which one can obviously see in the recent Monroe New-Star article below. It's like watching a tail wagging the shit out of a dog. A lot of this came about when the State elected a construction road contractor (ditch digger) as its governor (Mike Foster). Foster's primary goal was to see to it that his other ditch digging buddies got paid. Then the State had Jindal for 8 years who came from Mike Foster's administration. It's not surprising to see that Louisiana construction contractors or ditch diggers (Boh Brothers, Diamond B., James Construction, Gilchrist Construction, and many others) are well-off, while the State has a $13 billion backlog for road and bridge improvements. The State will always be in a dizzy state of mind until it decides to PROPERLY fund its STEM programs and let those with the knowledge show off their innovative skills. In the State of Texas, the University of Texas has an entire campus in Arlington, TX just for that purpose only, but in Louisiana the ditch diggers are the ones that are currently in-charge.

Why did Louisiana miss the cut for an auto plant?
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/news/2017/08/15/why-did-la-miss-cut-auto-plant/566562001/

20799097_10155092432818386_1509002299294779101_n.jpg

Last edited:
Bruh lets not piss on us propeller-heads. Once we start, it's hard for us to turn ourselves off. :D lol

I had to put that last post out there just to show how ass backwards Louisiana construction contractors/ditch diggers think. LMAO!!!

lol

I just like messing with JAG89 every 2-3 years. He's a good feller. He's just stubborn. And JUST an engineer. Have to remind him of that sometimes. :D

I'm going to leave y'all alone. After this, I think I'm good until about 2020.

"JUST???????" Bruh them are damned near fighting words. We all know ENGRs are the top of the food chain. :D lol J89 gonna' respond and I'll try to restrain him from a 15 paragraph response on why we are the top of the food chain. :D lol kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

Hey Flounder, despite what my fellow engineers think of your new field, I think Hella did a hella job on the field for your team, the colors are really popping now, should have made Tulane play there

Last edited:
As of 8-13-2017...they will be completing the home side numbers today. The rain over the weekend slowed them up. They had planned to work Sunday but gave their crew a day off.

IMG_8872.jpg

I'm surprised that none of the SU folks brought this up since they took a beating about it last year when they got their turf.
Are they gonna power wash those stands?
It would make it all look much better.

I'm surprised that none of the SU folks brought this up since they took a beating about it last year when they got their turf.
Are they gonna power wash those stands?
It would make it all look much better.
Yup... They power washed the stands within the last week.

Back