Grambling State releases football field construction update

Not trying to keep this going but, You posted Precast Piles, which You will almost never see in Louisiana except on Huge Buildings. The New North Terminal in New Orleans will have them. New orleans Uses mostly wood Piles, and going to Auger Piles, North Louisiana are mostly on CIP concrete pills but mostly Footings. You can hit Rock in North LA, You want in South LA. Where did you find this picture?
But deep Foundations have nothing to do with our Stadium.

Where in Louisiana can bedrock be found less than 250 feet beneath the surface??? The only instances I can think of are oil and gas wells, which are several thousand feet beneath the surface.

There are many structures in Louisiana that are supported by concrete piles, especially in locations where LARGE HEAVY structures are built, such as the New Orleans Airport Terminal Building.

You are really beginning to sound like that Ebonics speaking substitute teacher who is always sending poor Ole A-A-Ron to Principal O-Shaq-Hennessy's office. LMAO!!!

Last edited:
@stroke

I believe this is the VA Hospital site in New Orleans. I'm sure you can see concrete piles and the Superdome in the background.

VA-Hospital-Piledriving-4-e1464793116518.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Where in Louisiana can bedrock be found less than 250 feet beneath the surface??? The only instances I can think of are oil and gas wells, which are several thousand feet beneath the surface.

There are many structures in Louisiana that are supported by concrete piles, especially in locations where LARGE HEAVY structures are built, such as the New Orleans Airport Terminal Building.

You are really beginning to sound like that Ebonics speaking substitute teacher who is always sending poor Ole A-A-Ron to Principal O-Shaq-Hennessy's office. LMAO!!!

You just said what I said... Lol but I'm working on 731 st charles Ave condos right now which is going to be auger cast, Dave and busters Auger cast, and that's not the VA it's Universities parking garage, not the building. Lord, I do this for a living, I'm one of the few blacks that is even on my level in the entire state. This my living man, for the last time you not making since with the retaining wall

You just said what I said... Lol but I'm working on 731 st charles Ave condos right now which is going to be auger cast, Dave and busters Auger cast, and that's not the VA it's Universities parking garage, not the building. Lord, I do this for a living, I'm one of the few blacks that is even on my level in the entire state. This my living man, for the last time you not making since with the retaining wall

Since or SENSE???

I really wasn't sure what structure in New Orleans it was, but it shows that there are PRECAST concrete piles in Louisiana. It's good to see we have a few individuals working in construction. Since you say you do this for a living, you should be familiar with common construction engineering terms like Poisson's ratio, plasticity index (PI), plastic limit (PL), liquid limit (LL), etc. When I attended Southern University, we had a civil engineering professor (Dr. Nagaraj aka Dr. Raj) whose works were published in several text books. Dr. Raj taught several classes in structural engineering, engineering geology, soil mechanics, and foundations. Since graduating, I have over 25 years of engineering experience in various parts of the country, such as California, Virginia, and Louisiana. I even have experience in New Orleans. One thing I've learned about New Orleans construction contractors, a few of them are some shady characters. The quoted article below talks about one of them. The company in the article was hired to build two fire stations in St. Bernard Parish after Katrina. The plans called for wooden timber piles to be driven 30 feet deep in the ground or until they hit some maximum required resistance. Instead, the contractor decided to cut a few corners by cutting the piles into 5 feet sections and making them look like they were hammered 30-ft in the ground by backfilling around them and exposing just the tops of the piles. Also, augercast piles are becoming more popular these days. Placement of augercast piles produce very little to no vibration, since the pile material/grout is poured through some hollow auger bit that was used to drill the pile hole. As the grout flows out of the stem of the auger bit, the auger is slowly lifted out of the ground, leaving the hole filled with packed grout. Unlike like friction piles that are hammered into the ground, little to no vibration is created from the augercast pile method. Therefore, augercast piles are CAST-IN-PLACE (CIP), whereas concrete friction piles are PRECAST.

State begins criminal investigation into faulty construction at St. Bernard fire station

Taffaro said officials with the Attorney General's Office have begun to meet with parish employees to discuss the contract. Architects and inspectors on the project informed the parish of the potential problems, Taffaro said, and the entire foundation was removed to reveal a missing piling and several pilings that didn't meet the project specifications and "could compromise the integrity of the building."

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/st_bernard_council_discusses_c.html

"I DO THIS FOR A LIVING"!

JAG89 is just BSing.

People who do this every day know he's full of shat.

So you put together engineering plans and specifications for a living??? Can you name a few projects you DESIGNED??? I hope you realize that plans and specification just don't magically appear in thin air. Like I previously stated, every construction site is different. I'm sure the idiots who operate the stormwater pump stations for the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans (SWBNO) will tell everyone that they do that for living too, but the city still flooded due to the fact that pumps weren't working or weren't working at full capacity.

Also, I'm sure you go on the site below (Dodge Report) searching for new construction jobs everyday.

http://dodgeprojects.construction.com/

Last edited:
lower level seating behind the endzone or a GSU/Tiger cover where the grass is, similar to what Rice Stadium do with their endzone seating would look dope! (just living vicariously through you guys, since we are stuck with the nice ass orange bowl known as BBVA)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Forgot to ask and I already know the answer but the entrance ramp from the fieldhouse will be addressed too, correct?

That field looks damned awesome man!!!!!

Yes they are not finished and it will be fixed. Given the number of heavy trucks and machinery the ground was torn up.

Nice looking field Grambling!!!

I still see we have a few (SU grads at that) who for whatever reason have worked as construction contractors think that they are experts in engineering, which is probably why New Orleans is having so many frustrating problems with their drainage system. But I'm sure those white millennials who just recently moved there will change that real fast. I somewhat blame Mike Foster big headed azz for that backwards philosophy in Louisiana, which goes to show a construction contractor should never again be elected Governor of the State.

Last edited:
Back