FAMU to the SWAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My second question, does the FAMU alumni base travel? If they do get ready when you come to Lorman, it will be a one of the toughest road trips in HBCU. We are only nice to the SU fan base because they tailgate like we do and it’s a big party on game day.

I would say that FAMU is on the same level as S.U. and Jsu if it is a big game. I remember a couple of times in the early 2000s there were over 30K fans in BR (combined....attendance). I guess it is difficult to say though how this would look with different conference teams. With the caliber of football Alcorn is playing these days, I am sure they would be interested in making it to the Reservation. I know Bama State has been wanting to play them for a minute, so that should be interesting in Montgomery as well.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Can someone explain to me the SCSTATE thing.. I am not seeing it.. What does state bring to the conference. Travel if we do set up a different division would sooner or later put a strain on the budgets... We may not like what is going on in the MEAC, but lets please be smart about this... We dont gain anything by State joining the SWAC.

Can someone explain to me the SCSTATE thing.. I am not seeing it.. What does state bring to the conference. Travel if we do set up a different division would sooner or later put a strain on the budgets... We may not like what is going on in the MEAC, but lets please be smart about this... We dont gain anything by State joining the SWAC.

Folks are just grasping at random MEAC schools at this point

The SCSU offer is just a rumor at this point. I think most agree that adding them would be a strain on everyone west of Alabama. The same for BCU but most would perfer them over SCSU

I think that the team that will get offered will be one that makes sense for the SWAC.

I heard FAMU already has t-shirts printed up declaring themselves SWAC Champs.
That does not surprise me, they declared themselves National Champs without playing in the game. Depending on the Hone and Away schedule I say they lose 4 in conference the first season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The SCSU offer is just a rumor at this point. I think most agree that adding them would be a strain on everyone west of Alabama. The same for BCU but most would perfer them over SCSU

I think that the team that will get offered will be one that makes sense for the SWAC.

I believe both SC State and Bethune are unfounded rumors. Two schools with financial struggles, dwindling enrollments, and located in the eastern Time zone 6 hours from the nearest SWAC members make no sense. The only school that adds value to the conference is Tennessee State. I’d rather us have 11 teams like the Big Ten Back in the day and have unbalanced divisions instead of adding a school just to have a travel partner. I would say if the d2 prospects Albany State would be intriguing if they decided to move up.

I do not favor the extension of invites to either BCU or SCSU. It makes no sense at all given their financial and enrollmen issues. I feel certain that Dr. McClelland and the Council of Presidents will make the smart decision.

Last edited:
I do not favor the extension of invites to either BCU or SCSU. It makes no sense at all given their financial and enrollmen issues. I feel certain that Dr. McClelland and the Counmcil of Presidents will make the smart decision.

I feel like BCU will bounce back...SCSU on the other hand, I dunno...

well...you will definitely have an unbalanced schedule now. There may be unsettled grudges just because

Unbalanced schedules, unsettled grudges, just as long as the SU Jags win championships in football, men & women basketball and baseball, everything will be all right.

My second question, does the FAMU alumni base travel? If they do get ready when you come to Lorman, it will be a one of the toughest road trips in HBCU. We are only nice to the SU fan base because they tailgate like we do and it’s a big party on game day.

You may not even be playing them if you move to the West....

As long as you know the conference belongs to us now. On the bright side, now you probably won’t have to lose to Alcorn in the Championship game anymore...you can get that out the way during the regular season LOL

That's the lizard spirit. Claim your championship now. LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back