FAMU to the SWAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Ole Charlie will be over here posting on a regular like the good old days???

well...you will definitely have an unbalanced schedule now.

When the Big10 had 11 members they still only played 8 conference games. This was before they split into divisions after they got 12 teams. If there is no 12th school coming in 2021, the conference could still keep the 8 game schedule with teams rotating on and off and the top 2 teams playing in a Championship game if it's kept.

FAMU SWAC preliminary champs......

I can't even lie. I want FAMU in. This will be good for the conference.

I believe both SC State and Bethune are unfounded rumors. Two schools with financial struggles, dwindling enrollments, and located in the eastern Time zone 6 hours from the nearest SWAC members make no sense. The only school that adds value to the conference is Tennessee State. I’d rather us have 11 teams like the Big Ten Back in the day and have unbalanced divisions instead of adding a school just to have a travel partner. I would say if the d2 prospects Albany State would be intriguing if they decided to move up.
I thought the same but my brother convinced me that morehouse is who the swac should really be after. getting that market would be huge. can u imagine what their home schedule would look like in atl?

Even though Morehouse is a great institution, it’s a small private liberal arts school and I don’t think Morehouse could fund a jump to Div. I. Also, Morehouse does not currently have the adequate sports facilities. Clark Atlanta maybe a better option if you are trying to tap into the Atlanta market, but I also think that’s a stretch.

Even though Morehouse is a great institution, it’s a small private liberal arts school and I don’t think Morehouse could fund a jump to Div. I. Also, Morehouse does not currently have the adequate sports facilities. Clark Atlanta maybe a better option if you are trying to tap into the Atlanta market, but I also think that’s a stretch.

Plus Morehouse would have to be in compliance with Title XI. Which means they would have to add women sports to their athletic department and either have to start admitting women or merge with Spelman and recruit the ladies from there to play on the teams.

Plus Morehouse would have to be in compliance with Title XI. Which means they would have to add women sports to their athletic department and either have to start admitting women or merge with Spelman and recruit the ladies from there to play on the teams.
If they are an all male school Title IX should not apply. That is just my guess.

We all know a merger is never going to happen.
I agree CAU is a better option for a jump, but not likely to happen either. The SWAC has to accept BCU or deprogram the administrators at TennSU

I don't disagree but how does an all male school comply if it has no female students? I don't know. I am just guessing.
Title IX just requires equal participation opportunities for women (actually just as close as you can get) based on the sex demographics of the campus. So Morehouse is in compliance

When i pulled up mapquest it was a no brainer for FAMU to join the SWAC

In the MEAC FAMU had only 1 team that was in 200 mile range (BCU), 1 team in the 400 mile range (SCSU), 2 teams in the 600 mile range (NCAT, NCCU), 1 team in the 700 mile range (NSU), 2 teams in the 800 range (Howard UMES), and 3 schools in the 900 mile range (CSU, DSU, MSU). The average distance for FAMU is 727 miles or a 10.5 hour drive.

In the SWAC FAMU has only 1 team in the 200 mile range (ASU), 5 teams in the 400 mile range (AAMU, Alcorn, JSU, SU, MVSU), 1 team in the 500 mile range (GSU), 1 team in the 600 mile range (UAPB), and 2 teams in the 700 mile range (Prairie View, TXSU). The average distance for FAMU is 516 miles or a 7.5 hour drive. The SWAC has 9 out of 10 teams that are a shorter distance than the average team that FAMU traveled to in the MEAC.

I am amazed that there are still all male and all female schools. Just saying.

In the MEAC FAMU had only 1 team that was in 200 mile range (BCU), 1 team in the 400 mile range (SCSU), 2 teams in the 600 mile range (NCAT, NCCU), 1 team in the 700 mile range (NSU), 2 teams in the 800 range (Howard UMES), and 3 schools in the 900 mile range (CSU, DSU, MSU). The average distance for FAMU is 727 miles or a 10.5 hour drive.

In the SWAC FAMU has only 1 team in the 200 mile range (ASU), 5 teams in the 400 mile range (AAMU, Alcorn, JSU, SU, MVSU), 1 team in the 500 mile range (GSU), 1 team in the 600 mile range (UAPB), and 2 teams in the 700 mile range (Prairie View, TXSU). The average distance for FAMU is 516 miles or a 7.5 hour drive. The SWAC has 9 out of 10 teams that are a shorter distance than the average team that FAMU traveled to in the MEAC.

As someone who has driven to central Florida a many times, that's definitely a doable trip for the hardcore Valley alum (7 hours from Itta Bena to Tallahassee) so I imagine schools with bigger fan bases can make that trip (we did a turnaround trip for the JMC this year on a charter bus so that is somewhat similar)

Let the a$$ whippings begin for FAMU. Extra incentative when they play the Braves HC was OC for the Braves, current Brave QB Coach star player for FAMU.

Knowing all of this, why did FAMU shun the SWAC in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back