FAMU to the SWAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are too far East. If they're over 400 miles from FAMU, think about how far they are from the next closest Swac school.
378 Miles from Alabama State
401 Miles from Alabama Farmers and Mechanics
414 Miles from Florida A&M
*474 Miles from Tennessee State.

But isn't BCU damn near in the same boat?

They are but right now they are better off than SCSU. The commish might be doing it as a temp move inviting them until BCU possibly gets it together or waiting on TSU to cut the OVC loose (or possibly wait on SSU to move back up)

As far as the MEAC is concerned, I think FAMU and SCSU wouldn't kill the conference as much as a FAMU/BCU move

It could be a blessing in disguise as that I would be on the phone with VUU and/or VSU and BSU and inviting them. That would make the MEAC a lot more travel friendly if BCU leaves.

If FAMU and BCU leaves and the MEAC stays together and adds VSU and/or VUU and/or BSU it would be a lot more budget friendly (football and all sports wise)

MSU
DSU
Howard
NSU
NCCU (I could see them running behind A&T)
VSU*
VUU*
BSU*

BCU

Even if you add WSSU, that's a lot more budget friendly with SCSU or BCU being the outlier

Last edited:
SCSU has less than 1,000 students and doesn't field 3 teams the SWAC offers and the rest outside of football and basketball are way below the scholarship threshold. Only connection is two of their ADs are former SWAC ADs.

SCSU has less than 1,000 students and doesn't field 3 teams the SWAC offers and the rest outside of football and basketball are way below the scholarship threshold. Only connection is two of their ADs are former SWAC ADs.

Side note: They play as a indy in soccer (since the MEAC doesn't sponsor it). That was the only team we beat last year smh

They would probably have to do like Howard as far as soccer is concerned (play in Birmingham with maybe 1-2 away trips a year) once they join the SWAC. Hell they have to in order to save on travel

Any MEAC addition, would likely move Alcorn State to the Western Division, effectively placing the top 4 teams (AlSU, SU, PV, & GSU)from last year's football race in the same division as well as the top 5 teams (PV, SU, TSU, AlSU, & GSU) in men's basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back