FAMU to the SWAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any MEAC addition, would likely move Alcorn State to the Western Division, effectively placing the top 4 teams (AlSU, SU, PV, & GSU)from last year's football race in the same division as well as the top 5 teams (PV, SU, TSU, AlSU, & GSU) in men's basketball.

Things are cyclical. Don't worry about that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SCSU has less than 1,000 students and doesn't field 3 teams the SWAC offers and the rest outside of football and basketball are way below the scholarship threshold. Only connection is two of their ADs are former SWAC ADs.

where are you seeing they have less than 1000 students? That’s kind of hard to believe

I agree, but BCU has its own financial problems that puts in doubt the ability to fund a viable and competitive program.

I know about their problems as well but as someone said, the Florida Classic being a SWAC property only adds to our brand. Both are FAR from the nearest SWAC school but if you are gonna bring in trouble, BCU is the better troubled brand lol

I assume Dr. Mac is going for 12 schools right now instead of waiting on TSU to wake up from the OVC haze. The only schools currently within the current SWAC footprint that could possibly make the move from D2 is Miles and Tuskegee and I don't think either would be ready within the next year or two

They are too far East. If they're over 400 miles from FAMU, think about how far they are from the next closest Swac school.
Im just telling you what I was told
I know about their problems as well but as someone said, the Florida Classic being a SWAC property only adds to our brand. Both are FAR from the nearest SWAC school but if you are gonna bring in trouble, BCU is the better troubled brand lol

I assume Dr. Mac is going for 12 schools right now instead of waiting on TSU to wake up from the OVC haze. The only schools currently within the current SWAC footprint that could possibly make the move from D2 is Miles and Tuskegee and I don't think either would be ready within the next year or two

Miles is poorer than Valley........

SCSTATE 2019 enrollment is 1657,and that number is expected to drop.

Fall 2019 enrollment is 1,657 (1,506 undergraduates and 151 graduates) compared to Fall 2018 enrollment of 1,901 (1,680 undergraduates and 221 graduates). *Students (new and continuing) with class schedules.Jul 19, 2019
https://www.scsu.edu › ...PDF
Fall 2019 Undergraduate Admissions - South Carolina State University

SCSTATE 2019 enrollment is 1657,and that number is expected to drop.

Fall 2019 enrollment is 1,657 (1,506 undergraduates and 151 graduates) compared to Fall 2018 enrollment of 1,901 (1,680 undergraduates and 221 graduates). *Students (new and continuing) with class schedules.Jul 19, 2019
https://www.scsu.edu › ...PDF
Fall 2019 Undergraduate Admissions - South Carolina State University
THEIR SPRING 2020 enrollment went down to under 1000.

Oh this is gonna be fun

Also I would love for BCU to join us. The SWAC would have the Florida Classic, the Bayou Classic and The Magic City Classic(not to mention the other HUGE games like BoomBox, JSU/Alcorn, the State Fair Classic and the Labor Day Classic.

With FAMU and A&T leaving(and maybe some others) the MEAC just lost all of its biggest match-ups. The SWAC can lay claim to being the premiere HBCU Division I conference.

Oh this is gonna be fun

Also I would love for BCU to join us. The SWAC would have the Florida Classic, the Bayou Classic and The Magic City Classic(not to mention the other HUGE games like BoomBox, JSU/Alcorn, the State Fair Classic and the Labor Day Classic.

With FAMU and A&T leaving(and maybe some others) the MEAC just lost all of its biggest match-ups. The SWAC can lay claim to being the premiere HBCU Division I conference.
Its going to be interesting to see what shakes with the 12th school. The SWAC potentially having a say in the majority of the classic games is going to be something to see.

Its going to be interesting to see what shakes with the 12th school. The SWAC potentially having a say in the majority of the classic games is going to be something to see.
I believe McClelland can market these opportunities to strengthen the conference, but I am still troubled about the potential demise of the MEAC. Some of my concern stems from the fate of the Celebration Bowl, but also the potential weakening of HBCU football. We need more than 1 strong D1 conference!

I believe McClelland can market these opportunities to strengthen the conference, but I am still troubled about the potential demise of the MEAC. Some of my concern stems from the fate of the Celebration Bowl, but also the potential weakening of HBCU football. We need more than 1 strong D1 conference!

MEAC leadership gotta come up with a plan fast. And I mean a plan they shoulda had in place when Hampton left.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just make 1 big HBCU super conference..a west division, & an east division.

The two division winners play each other in the celebration bow

You do that and each school will receive less money from the big NCAA pot. When you have 2 conferences, there is more money for more schools to receive.

The MEAC I heard is headed towards D2 relegation

Why would they?
They just need 6 teams to keep their D1 designation for football and have enough schools for their other sports. The travel footprint is smaller and would save money on that.

If this happens along with the addition of a 12th school(my preference is BCU as well because of addition of the Florida Classic) then we’re pretty much the black SEC.

Oh this is gonna be fun

The Swac don't receive funding from those classics so it's only having a member institution in it is where they would get to mention. Remember that JSU plays TnSt in Southern Heritage Classic in Memphis and Alabama State still have their big classic game with Tuskegee.

Neither is ready financially to make that move and it would take a minimum of 4 years for them to transition from D2 to D1.

EZdNE5eWAAQrSNv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back