Deion Sanders and JSU's New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly!!! Those are fans and probably booster comments.
On the other hand, if FSU wants Deion, FSU gets Deion. Not that Deion needs money but if TSU offered me 10x the money or more, I'm going to TSU to do any job. If JSU were to multiply your current salary doing the same job, you ain't going to JSU? I don't think FSU will go after Deion should they get rid of their current coach.

On the other hand, if FSU wants Deion, FSU gets Deion. Not that Deion needs money but if TSU offered me 10x the money or more, I'm going to TSU to do any job. If JSU were to multiply your current salary doing the same job, you ain't going to JSU? I don't think FSU will go after Deion should they get rid of their current coach.
Boosters run those FBS schools. Boosters get what they want. If they don't want Prime, Prime isn't going.

Thanks for posting. Saw it yesterday and meant to post.

There's a huge difference between living to be rich and living to be happy. Coach Prime is already financially rich. I think he is faithful and dedicated to being happy for his remaining days.

IBelieve he says "no to fsu," unless he simply desires the fbs challenge, not for the fbs $$$$$.

Deion Sanders is helping HBCU football by being Deion Sanders. I hope folks get out of being crabs in the pot and praying for JSU’s downfall just because a confidence black man who makes noise is running their show. Everyone should be excited.
Everybody black doesn't have the good sense nor have they ever experienced a program with too much transparency, marketing, financial support, and great leadership to attract QUALITY student-athletes.

JSU is the model which too many of us should follow vs this stupid bullshit we witness when some of us get abused and dominated by a team at or below our level which has played football for 13 fucking years.

Thanks for posting. Saw it yesterday and meant to post.

There's a huge difference between living to be rich and living to be happy. Coach Prime is already financially rich. I think he is faithful and dedicated to being happy for his remaining days.

IBelieve he says "no to fsu," unless he simply desires the fbs challenge, not for the fbs $$$$$.

I believe he takes the FSU job or the first FBS that he believes he can win at. However, it doesn’t make him a trader or user like folks are going to proclaim. He will do what coaches do when they get a chance to move up in divisions. The Jackson State job will be extremely attractive and another high profile new coach or former coach will take the job and keep things rolling. JSU fans seem to be doing the correct thing by enjoying the fun and excitement.

I believe he takes the FSU job or the first FBS that he believes he can win at. However, it doesn’t make him a trader or user like folks are going to proclaim. He will do what coaches do when they get a chance to move up in divisions. The Jackson State job will be extremely attractive and another high profile new coach or former coach will take the job and keep things rolling. JSU fans seem to be doing the correct thing by enjoying the fun and excitement.
As the fans should, as we all should enjoy it.

A bigger challenge for coach Prime would be to take JSU to the next level and then dominate the fbs landscape vs simply moving himself and his staff up to the next level. Why not take everyone, the entire school, to the next level?

JSU is the only SWAC school with the vision and ascending support (infrastructure-location) to transition to fbs.

As the fans should, as we all should enjoy it.

A bigger challenge for coach Prime would be to take JSU to the next level and then dominate the fbs landscape vs simply moving himself and his staff up to the next level. Why not take everyone, the entire school, to the next level?

JSU is the only SWAC school with the vision and ascending support (infrastructure-location) to transition to fbs.
I think if Coach were to leave when his son's are done or having great success would be contradicting his narrative of changing the landscape, leveling the playing field. Some of the athletes he's brought in have sacrificed jumping from bigger schools because of his vision. I understand people wanting bigger challenges. Bringing JSU, the SWAC and HBCU'S to another level than what it's been is a vision that could be achieved , but sadly a lot of our people just don't BELIEVE.

Last edited:

Boosters run those FBS schools. Boosters get what they want. If they don't want Prime, Prime isn't going.
I disagree. Deion makes his own decision. That’s the issue now, folks are so use to blacks running to white folks when called that they forget who Deion is. He’s his own man.

Let’s just keep it between the eyes. We got brothers and sisters out there who are waiting on coach prime to leave because they laughed to hard at the JSU of the last 5 years… and laughed when this hire was made because it wasn’t a typical move of a HBCU… on paper it looked foolish, and those same people are waiting once again for JSU to fail… y’all know who y’all are… if you think JSU ain’t melting everything Coach prime has brought to JSU new practice field, practice locker rooms, facilities, and a potential new stadium to become the hottest FCS job post Coach prime … you’re just blinded by hate. JSU will be fine and key word stable post prime. We know he will one day leave, we’re not that naive… why you think JSU put all them stipulations in his contract.? We good and got this 👍🏾

Let’s just keep it between the eyes. We got brothers and sisters out there who are waiting on coach prime to leave because they laughed to hard at the JSU of the last 5 years… and laughed when this hire was made because it wasn’t a typical move of a HBCU… on paper it looked foolish, and those same people are waiting once again for JSU to fail… y’all know who y’all are… if you think JSU ain’t melting everything Coach prime has brought to JSU new practice field, practice locker rooms, facilities, and a potential new stadium to become the hottest FCS job post Coach prime … you’re just blinded by hate. JSU will be fine and key word stable post prime. We know he will one day leave, we’re not that naive… why you think JSU put all them stipulations in his contract.? We good and got this 👍🏾

if you look hard enough there was construction before Prime showed up to campus - a coincidence

If FSU offered him and he left after this season nobody could be mad at him. Not only do coaches at all levels do it all the time but that’s his alma mater. The only consideration would probably be his sons and their eligibility, but shedur is a fr and could sit a yr for the chance to compete at a higher level. I don’t know about his other son.

I think if Coach were to leave when his son's are done or having great success would be contradicting his narrative of changing the landscape, leveling the playing field. Some of the athletes he's brought in have sacrificed jumping from bigger schools because of his vision. I understand people wanting bigger challenges. Bringing JSU, the SWAC and HBCU'S to another level than what it's been is a vision that could be achieved , but sadly a lot of our people just don't BELIEVE.
Those unbelievers are the reason why they stayed on the plantation when brother Nat Turner said lets fight and leave this batch.

I'm with leading the charge for change and betterment. But, it will easily take cleaning the current entire house to make that happen. (for some of us) Obviously JSU's administration and athletic department has done their due diligence to ensure EVERYONE is on the same page as the alums, fans, and constituents.

I want JSU to break Tiger foot off in everybody's ass they meet on the playing field.

Deion is not a good cultural fit at any of the mention FBS programs.

Deion isn't really driven by money but he's driven by freedom of expression and attention which he gets both in abundance being at JSU. At top tier FBS programs, lots of the attention would go to his players and most white people won't take well to an alpha type highly confident and vocal black man.

Deion isn't really driven by money but he's driven by freedom of expression and attention which he gets both in abundance being at JSU. At top tier FBS programs, lots of the attention would go to his players and most white people won't take well to an alpha type highly confident and vocal black man.
If Deion Sanders -- a HOF player who has his own podcast, is in national commercials, and has a large social media reach -- went to an FBS school ... the players would get the attention?

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

💯

I disagree. Deion makes his own decision. That’s the issue now, folks are so use to blacks running to white folks when called that they forget who Deion is. He’s his own man.
I hear you but this wouldn't be the first time he ran to the white man. You see how home boy loves his Trump lover Bowden...His coach from FSU.

Honestly, I hope he stays at JSU

No we don't want anything from Jackson State's brand, were more than happy with what we've established. We are just stating our opinion on how we feel that the " Charlatan/Blowhard " AKA Coach Prime is feeling that " GOD " led him to Jackson State. " Ridiculous ", that man is getting over on ya'll and we just see it from an outside perspective. He cannot and will not be any savior for HBCU football, I get it he has eyeballs and fame. Jackson State is better than this, I hope you guys aren't stuck holding the bag when he departs. Dude is nothing but a snake oil salesman. He's not an HBCU guy.
You sound like a crab in the pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back