Are You A Gentleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...there's a difference between a gentleman and a nice guy.

Just because you are gentleman, that doesn't mean you have to be a timid "yes man" kinda sucka who lets everybody and they mamma run over them.

You can't be a gentleMAN if you're acting like a over-emotional and hypersensitive wuss. I don't think women dig that. That's why they put you down gently with that "nice guy" line. They don't wanna kill off what little ego you have.

Not saying that you have to become a hardened brute and shake her and slap her around...:lol: But if your lady of interest feels that she can run you over repeatedly, because you are trying too hard to be too nice to her to try and impress her, chances are good that in her eyes, you are already as good as road kill.

Ain't shyt honorable about a man with no backbone. It's as simple as that.

And there it is. Good post.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Im a Gentlemen to the utmost. Then, again...Im really not that nice of a guy like that...:lol:

Does that cancel each other out somehow?

*goes back to read whole thread*

No, I'm not. I can be courteous. Open doors and such. But, I'm not one of these men who believes in catering to women and putting them on a pedestal.
This is sad and very believeable. Definitely in line with the rest of your TSPN persona...
lol..and the suckas who are doing this stuff...is now why these chicks heads are up in cloud 9 and think that you're suppose to do certain things just becuz they're the woman shiddddd
Men and women have certain expectations from each other since the beginning of relationships. But then again, remembering your topics...some levels of understanding have not reached you yet. Carryon...

:lol:I said I'm courteous. I can be polite. Like I said I'm not going to mistreat her, but respect is earned. If a woman wants to be treated in a gentlemanly fashion from me, she's going to have to act accordingly. Period. I don't kiss no woman's butt just because she was born female.Be a lady and you'll get treated like one.Otherwise .... :noidea:
How can you tell when you don't give her any chances?

I believe there's a time and a place for everything. As far as me being courteous to everybody (men and women), that's simply how I was raised. But when it comes to women, I find it easier to be a gentleman to a woman who knows how to act like a lady. There are a lot of women out there, whose behavior is unbecoming of a lady. I am not inclined to believe that those kinds of women would know HOW to appreciate the deeds of a gentleman.
Show her your gentlemanness...you'd be surprised how acts of kindness change people. Kind of like that smile and folks can't help but smile back at you thing...:D

Stop spewing that garbage! :lol: That kinda attitude will land with you the kind of woman ya'll love to complain about -- you know the ones with the stank attitudes who don't appreciate anything but love your wallets. And have ya'll sitting up looking like fools wondering where all the REAL GOOD, quality women? :confused: Ummmm, she's not giving the time of day, 'cause you don't know to be a gentlemen. :idea:
POW! POW! You have not because you really expect not...

Did you tell that to the divorcee?
:lol: Good one!

Not to criticize your friend, but brother was dumb on this one. It's Sunday night. You just meeting someone or just trying to take someone out, you make that an EARLY night for numerous reasons. First, hopefully, the young lady hass school or work to go to Monday monring. Second, if you think you got any shot at going back home with her for whatever, it's more likely to happen early than later ON SUNDAY. Third, if it was me Crit, knowing you have a son, I'm gonna respect that first and make sure you get home early. If nothing else, now you got the whole night to think about the type of guy I am :D
Brother was dumb, inconsiderate and Crit --->Deep six his azz. If he's like this during the getting to know you phase...you already know what comes behind is worse :smh:

My x-roomy turned me on to this new philosophy...<b>treat'em like a hoe. They're a hoe until proven innocent</b>. I think that's what SUJF is alluding to. :read: And, he's dead on. :read: Go in blind and you're gonna' get clipped (suffer some type of consequence).
You obviously were tortured when you were young...

How dumb. For a REAL lady: If treated like a "hoe," you would never get the opportunity to see a "proven innocent." Because she's gonna dismiss you at the first attempt of mistreatment.
AMEN :clap:

And you want the chick who wants that dude?
He does...:lol:

It's funny you say that. You notice that almost everytime a woman is asked about her ideal man, the word "gentleman" is hardly ever heard.
It's implied in that humorous, great attitude, loves me to death, etc. You can't describe a good guy and women not implicitly assume he's already a gentleman.

Yea but I dont do all that extra stuff. I dont stand at tables, I aint chasing cabs down for women and all that other stuff. I'm respectful...the only thing I can think that I do without thinking is holding doors(when it makes sense) and letting a lady exit the elevator before i step out unless its stupid to do so.Some folks be trying to hard..holding the door when the person is not close enough to even consider it. Or being right at the door of the elevator but moving to the side to let a lady all in the back get out first. Some things are too much.
Good manner never get old.

And them chicks are going to be alone...the ones who go on vacation at 40 with they mama and aunties and shat..
They'll be dancing with the 40 year old azz hole men who don't get that good manner don't go out of style. Should be a grand time! :tup:

From experience, I can tell you that being a gentleman never gets old.
POW!

ima somewhat nice guy.....well depends on what u give me and i hit hella chicks in the past. i dont understand this nice finish last stuff. The only way i see that is if you lame or ugly then yeah i see why u finishing last lol
:clap: Its some lameness and ugliness in here...:teleport:

You just how to know how to balance it Pops. You know when it is time to cut a throat or not and how you do it is key. Then you need to be able to balance how you deal with stuff outside of the work place. Some women you can tell from the jump that they are tough minded and you will need to be a little more firm with them than some. Some are emotional and can't handle that beast mode. Just depends on what type of woman you are attracted to and their personality. Look at the President. You can tell his wife ain't no joke. Hell she is from the South Side of Chicago with an Ivy League degree. So you aint going to deal with no wimp. But she shole aint going to deal with no DUMB mofo because he can act macho.... You can tell she respects Barack. He is perceived to be the nice guy, but I can detect some cut throatness in him when necessary. Sometimes he is a little late to doing it politically but I guess he aint tried to go too black on them mofos sometimes.

Black men sometimes go overboard with some isht and all this I run this thing. Especially when you are young. LOL. Aint no accomplished sister or white girl for that matter gone bow down if she got her isht together and you don't. Simple as that. I see it with both the white boys and brothers. You got to be smooth and decisive without being overbearing and downright uncouth with your approach. Nice guys don't finish last. Wimpy guys who happen to be nice finish last. You can be nice and handle your business as well. Just got to know the time and place to display it. Trust me a woman knows it too. They can tell even under your niceness if you are a wimp or not. The mature ones can that is.

Now this ^^ pretty much covers it.

I'll say after having read this thread, I just have to :smh:. Some basics are just not being taught/understood/enacted...and then folks are surprised they get shatty results cause they missed the basic fundamentals. If you never learn your ABCs, you won't learn to read. If you don't understand basic math, you will not be successful at algebra or calculus. If you can't get the fundamentals of social interactions down--->constant problems.

Like they said and I know to be true, good manners, gentlemanliness/ladylikeness behavior NEVER go out of style, get old, stale etc. They'll be talking about how great this person was LONG after you are out of their lives. You can't fugg them all and you surely don't want to end up without the "good" one cause YOU were the azz hole. :smh: Hoping y'all will try things differently and see what you get.

Me being ole school..I definitely a gentleman..which means courtesy to anyone not nesscarily to the ladies.Civilized manners are in order. Some fellas think that you have to be a str8 out azzhole to women.Well you don't.Being a gentleman does not equate to being weak. Women can sense a man with backbone just by his persona,vibe and the way he talks. Never will forget what young lady said she wanted to some young guys...she said wanted MASCULINITY..a MANNLY MAN..not A THUG or JERKS.

Me being ole school..I definitely a gentleman..which means courtesy to anyone not nesscarily to the ladies.Civilized manners are in order. Some fellas think that you have to be a str8 out azzhole to women.Well you don't.Being a gentleman does not equate to being weak. Women can sense a man with backbone just by his persona,vibe and the way he talks. Never will forget what young lady said she wanted to some young guys...she said wanted MASCULINITY..a MANNLY MAN..not A THUG or JERKS.

Right...:tup:

:tup:

Women are the biggest skimmers on earth. Fall in their trap and you will be scorned. Like the song says "Treat them like they wanna be treated". Ain't nothing funnier then seeing a cat hollering "My girl man, my wife man", then years later, "Man that broad took me for everything I had".......... The moral of the story you ask? When dealing with a woman, she will get hers. That's life. She is taught that at birth.........

Women are the biggest skimmers on earth. Fall in their trap and you will be scorned. Like the song says "Treat them like they wanna be treated". Ain't nothing funnier then seeing a cat hollering "My girl man, my wife man", then years later, "Man that broad took me for everything I had".......... The moral of the story you ask? When dealing with a woman, she will get hers. That's life. She is taught that at birth.........

Oh hush!

I bet you're the main one on here whose woman got your nose (and wallet) WIDE open! :lol: Years from now, YOU 'gon be the husband who has your check deposited into HER (not joint) account, and you'll be the one getting an allowance for the week. Sap!

Last edited:
Oh hush!

I bet you're the main one on here whose woman got your nose (and wallet) WIDE open! :lol:

Aye I am just trying to help these cats out. They spend to much time trying to prove they either being loved, or trying to figure out how not to get got by a woman. It is no possible. If you deal with a woman in life, you will get got. That is just the way it is. :lol: It amazes me how dumb some fellas are. They think that little, sweet innocent fine thing at home would never or has never gotten over on them. :shame: Wow!!! Can you believe them? :lol: Dumber than a box of rocks. :emlaugh:

Aye I am just trying to help these cats out. They spend to much time trying to prove they either being loved, or trying to figure out how not to get got by a woman. It is no possible. If you deal with a woman in life, you will get got. That is just the way it is. :lol: It amazes me how dumb some fellas are. They think that little, sweet innocent fine thing at home would never or has never gotten over on them. :shame: Wow!!! Can you believe them? :lol: Dumber than a box of rocks. :emlaugh:

Speaking from experience, huh?

Oh hush!

I bet you're the main one on here whose woman got your nose (and wallet) WIDE open! :lol: Years from now, YOU 'gon be the husband who has your check deposited into HER (not joint) account, and you'll be the one getting an allowance for the week. Sap!

The difference is I already know who wins and who lost from the start.... After you :sperm: It's over:lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The other day a cat called a woman's pu... pussy... um, well, you know how the hair is kind of in a V-shape?. Well, he called it the Bermuda Triangle. He said that a man could get lost in there and never be heard from again.

How far are you willing to go in order to defend your woman's honor?

It's safe to say that the days of slapping a dude in the face with a handkerchief and challenging him to a duel at sunrise are long gone. But if somebody insults your lady's honor, as a gentleman, how far would you go to defend it?

Ain't nothing wrong with being a gentleman, to a woman that deserves it. Unfortunately, there are many women out there that don't deserve a gentleman.

Most of my female friends say that most of their friends are male. When I ask them why, they say that they don't trust other women lol. They go on to say that other women are scheming, deceptive, like to play too many games, drama queens, etc. And then I see women that don't understand why some men have problems committing to a woman. Some men have problems committing to the a woman for the same reasons that causes these women to have mostly male friends. :lol:

There are good women out there that deserve a gentleman, but in this day and age, they can sometimes be difficult to find. Yeah, you can do these "acts of kindness" thinking they will change someone, but often times women say, "like me as I am or not at all."

I hold the door open for a woman (guys too if we're all walking in the same entrance/exit at the same time), offer to walk female coworkers to their car if it's dark outside, offer to carry something for her if I see that she's struggling to carry something heavy, etc.

Often times women make men jump through too many hoops before there is any kinda reciprocation. I too got passed over by being the nice guy when the woman wanted to be with the the macho thug bad boy type dude. Then they get mad and act surprised when the bad boy treated them bad. :lol: And I'm like, ain't that what you wanted? Then years later our paths would cross, and they be trying to cozy up to brotha acting all nice and shit. And I be like, you had your chance, and you threw it away, and I'm no longer interested in you like that.

Like it's been said before, you can be a nice guy and a gentleman without being weak. You can be confident without being arrogant and cocky. I heard this one a radio once. "95% of single women are looking for that 5% of good men." It's a man's market lol. It's too many willing women out there for a guy to have to jump through all kinds of hoops to impress a certain woman that may not appreciate it.

Last edited:
That's why some men make them jump through hoops. :)

It's another one of life's choices: You can be the one jumping through hoops or the one making folks jump through hoops. Or you can sit out the game altogether. Either way, it's your choice. I guess we have to decide which role we want to play.

Good post though.

You can be the one jumping through hoops or the one making folks jump through hoops. Or you can sit out the game altogether. Either way, it's your choice. I guess we have to decide which role we want to play.

I'll sit it out if I have to and really don't mind. I ain't jumping through no hoops, and I ain't making the one I'm interested in jump through hoops either. Matter of fact, I ain't making the one I'm not interested in jump through hoops either, cause I'm not going to waste his time.

That's why some men make them jump through hoops. :)

It's another one of life's choices: You can be the one jumping through hoops or the one making folks jump through hoops. Or you can sit out the game altogether. Either way, it's your choice. I guess we have to decide which role we want to play.

Good post though.

Thanks man. I know we went at it in that other thread, but I found myself agreeing with a lot of what you said in this thread lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back