Are You A Gentleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and tell me this...who 9 outta 10 times the baby daddy resembles... a nice guy or thug lol

you sitting in 4th hr tryin your hardest to pull her but she's involve with Rodrick the nagga who comes to school only 2 or 3 times out the week..drives a cutlass..has golds..wanna be weed dealer..she loves him...

maybe this was just at my H.S. lol

And you want the chick who wants that dude?

:tup:

Don't say that. There are women who still appreciate gentlemen.

It's funny you say that. You notice that almost everytime a woman is asked about her ideal man, the word "gentleman" is hardly ever heard.

Never IN MY 29 years on this Earth have I ever heard a woman say that she wanted a "gentleman".

And you can't say that it goes without saying, because some women WILL get surgically precise on you. They know how much money they want their man to make. They know how tall they want him to be. They know the kinds of cars and clothes they want him to have. They know what lifestyle they want him to live...etc. But never ONCE have I heard a woman say they want a gentleman. Maybe it's just me.

~shrugs~

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Who Taught You? Is it something that comes naturally for you, or did you pick up things from the men in you life?

Yesterday, a guy wanted to meet up on HIS side of town (He lives in Lithonia: me in S. Fulton) at 8 p.m. on a SUNDAY? For those who aren't familiar with ATL metro, those two areas are not next door. :lol:

So I'm thinking what kind of man (in his 30s, mind you) would ask a lady to drive on HIS side of town (not even a central location) at 8 o'clock at night for a date on a SUNDAY? Where is the consideration for the lady who will have to drive 40-50 minutes or so back to her side of town at a time that would likely be after 10:30-11 p.m. when she gets back home AND need to get ready for the work week? Needless to say, I STAYED home in front of the TV and did laundry. :lol:

So men, are you a gentleman?

.... Lawd, where are the real men....

Most definitely. It is my DNA. Taught by the old man and inherited trait with other men on both sides of my family.

:lol:

They don't understand, P~.

I try to help these dudes, and I get my posts deleted for responding to a lame. That's the thanks I get. :shame:

You're not helping.... not with that attitude. :lol: And don't start... again...

Yea but I dont do all that extra stuff. I dont stand at tables, I aint chasing cabs down for women and all that other stuff.

I'm respectful...the only thing I can think that I do without thinking is holding doors(when it makes sense) and letting a lady exit the elevator before i step out unless its stupid to do so.

Some folks be trying to hard..holding the door when the person is not close enough to even consider it. Or being right at the door of the elevator but moving to the side to let a lady all in the back get out first. Some things are too much.

Yea but I dont do all that extra stuff. I dont stand at tables, I aint chasing cabs down for women and all that other stuff.

I'm respectful...the only thing I can think that I do without thinking is holding doors(when it makes sense) and letting a lady exit the elevator before i step out unless its stupid to do so.

Some folks be trying to hard..holding the door when the person is not close enough to even consider it. Or being right at the door of the elevator but moving to the side to let a lady all in the back get out first. Some things are too much.

Lawd... :lol:

It's funny you say that. You notice that almost everytime a woman is asked about her ideal man, the word "gentleman" is hardly ever heard.

Never IN MY 29 years on this Earth have I ever heard a woman say that she wanted a "gentleman".

And you can't say that it goes without saying, because some women WILL get surgically precise on you. They know how much money they want their man to make. They know how tall they want him to be. They know the kinds of cars and clothes they want him to have. They know what lifestyle they want him to live...etc. But never ONCE have I heard a woman say they want a gentleman. Maybe it's just me.

~shrugs~

mar510_chilliwatns1.jpg

Yes and No. No explanation needed.

I learned over time from my uncles, men in the church etc...How to walk ladies to their cars, and say yes man etc...Pull the chair out,open the door..etc..

Breath smell like weed smoke..LOL SMH JagGrad...But the do dont they...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:lol:

They don't understand, P~.

I try to help these dudes, and I get my posts deleted for responding to a lame. That's the thanks I get. :shame:

They don't understand the level of knowledge you possess. I guess they think you're flying an Airbus A-320 w/out having gone through all the learning/practicing. :smh:

There's a LOT of experience and knowledge over here folx -----------> SUJF! :bowdown: :clap:

~shrugs~

And them chicks are going to be alone...the ones who go on vacation at 40 with they mama and aunties and shat..

Because not enough men are being gentlemen and way too many women trying to be the man by chasing men.

Well, from the small sample size here, almost all of us are gentlemen. And I would venture to say that there are a lot more guys across this land of ours who are gentlemen as well. I don't buy that stuff about there not being good guys out there. That seems too absolute to me.

They don't understand the level of knowledge you possess. I guess they think you're flying an Airbus A-320 w/out having gone through all the learning/practicing. :smh:

There's a LOT of experience and knowledge over here folx -----------> SUJF! :bowdown: :clap:

I swear ya'll two must've been separated at birth. :smh: :lol:

Lol, I am a nice guy by nature and I am not changing that but I missed out on plenty of azz in college playing that nice guy role. I am caking and trying to respect her mind when she really just wanted her back blown out and in actuality, that is all I wanted to do. I easily missed out on 10-15 chicks doing that mess and probably more. Because I was a que, chicks would come around with certain expectations and I was too naive to realize it. :shame:

You know, I am kinda surprised that the word "uppity" isn't being thrown around in THIS thread (at least not yet).

When i think of a "gentleman", my mind focuses moreso on somebody who is courteous, chivalrous, and has an honorable disposition. He is a man of principles and tends to have noble characteristics.

Too much of these qualities, however, COULD lead one to believe that he is snooty and acts as if he is better than everyone else in order to get the approval of others...almost as if he is in a class above the normal man.

in other words "uppity".

Lol, I am a nice guy by nature and I am not changing that but I missed out on plenty of azz in college playing that nice guy role. I am caking and trying to respect her mind when she really just wanted her back blown out and in actuality, that is all I wanted to do. I easily missed out on 10-15 chicks doing that mess and probably more. Because I was a que, chicks would come around with certain expectations and I was too naive to realize it. :shame:

See, Crit. Self-professed nice guy admits it.

:noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back