Are You A Gentleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I am kinda surprised that the word "uppity" isn't being thrown around in THIS thread (at least not yet).

When i think of a "gentleman", my mind focuses moreso on somebody who is courteous, chivalrous, and has an honorable disposition. He is a man of principles and tends to have noble characteristics.

Too much of these qualities, however, COULD lead one to believe that he is snooty and acts as if he is better than everyone else in order to get the approval of others...almost as if he is in a class above the normal man.

in other words "uppity".

uppity...or a undercover prissy man or fag

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Because not enough men are being gentlemen and way too many women trying to be the man by chasing men.

:shame:

But isn't this the era where women claim that they get what they want? Is it really unladylike for a woman to let her interests in a man be known to him?

I'm just saying, those days where a woman would toss her handkerchief and the man hurts himself to catch it for her before it hits the ground are gone. Maybe those days need to come back. :lol:

Lol, I am a nice guy by nature and I am not changing that but I missed out on plenty of azz in college playing that nice guy role. I am caking and trying to respect her mind when she really just wanted her back blown out and in actuality, that is all I wanted to do. I easily missed out on 10-15 chicks doing that mess and probably more. Because I was a que, chicks would come around with certain expectations and I was too naive to realize it. :shame:
That's different. Being a "gentleman" doesn't mean you pass up obvious opportunities. Nothing wrong with holding the door open for a known "promiscuous girl". Just don't wine and dine her (unless you're into that).

:shame:

But isn't this the era where women claim that they get what they want? Is it really unladylike for a woman to let her interests in a man be known to him?

There's a difference between "letting your interests be known" and chasing down a man. :lol: Nothing wrong with a woman expressing interest. We're all grown folks. I will let a man know I'm interested. But after that, it's up to him to step up to the plate.

From experience, I can tell you that being a gentleman never gets old. Yeah, you might get passed by in your 20's, but wait until they come back around in your 30's. Them same "women" who blew you off as the nice guy are now looking for you. Now, you can be the dog and just play with me like they played you. I honestly thought about that several times.

OR you can find a woman like yourself, that has blossomed into a gem when dudes was overlooking her and they can't understand why this fine thing won't give them the time of day now, but she gives it all to ol' regular looking dude :D

I just pass by them now like this :wavey: with my chocolate dream on my side.

ima somewhat nice guy.....well depends on what u give me and i hit hella chicks in the past. i dont understand this nice finish last stuff. The only way i see that is if you lame or ugly then yeah i see why u finishing last lol

From experience, I can tell you that being a gentleman never gets old. Yeah, you might get passed by in your 20's, but wait until they come back around in your 30's. Them same "women" who blew you off as the nice guy are now looking for you. Now, you can be the dog and just play with me like they played you. I honestly thought about that several times.

OR you can find a woman like yourself, that has blossomed into a gem when dudes was overlooking her and they can't understand why this fine thing won't give them the time of day now, but she gives it all to ol' regular looking dude :D

I just pass by them now like this :wavey: with my chocolate dream on my side.

Yeah, but you don't want to be THAT guy. :smh:

I personally didnt have issues getting females, however, some females would rather thugged out knuckleheads over respectable ones....

As Pop stated, They only wanted their Backs blown out.. and in 99% of the time..thats what we want as well.... If you just wanna get ****ed.. Say that....

Thats all Im trying to say....

Yeah, but you don't want to be THAT guy. :smh:

I am that guy, but I found the jewel. Everybody can't be smooth in their 20's and I see too many who WERE then who wish they could be where I am today and I'm nowhere near where I want to be. That's why I don't mind being THAT guy. It made me value the woman I have today even more.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
and big head just proved my point bc he said he still chasing a woman thats wanting a thug bc she got a big ole booty and titties. i know plenty of nice guys that smash so many women its crazy but i guess. yall keep finishing last tho

Who Taught You? Is it something that comes naturally for you, or did you pick up things from the men in you life?

Critter, you know me. But to answer your question, YES, I am a gentleman.

It takes a VILLAGE to raise a gentleman.

At least it did with me.

Last edited:
I am that guy, but I found the jewel. Everybody can't be smooth in their 20's and I see too many who WERE then who wish they could be where I am today and I'm nowhere near where I want to be. That's why I don't mind being THAT guy. It made me value the woman I have today even more.

You're not really that guy. You said you found somebody that had a similar experience that you had. Two nice people found each other.

That's a lot different than being the guy waiting to accept whatever from a chick who wouldn't give him the time of day a few years earlier.

Yeah...there's a difference between a gentleman and a nice guy.

Just because you are gentleman, that doesn't mean you have to be a timid "yes man" kinda sucka who lets everybody and they mamma run over them.

You can't be a gentleMAN if you're acting like a over-emotional and hypersensitive wuss. I don't think women dig that. That's why they put you down gently with that "nice guy" line. They don't wanna kill off what little ego you have.

Not saying that you have to become a hardened brute and shake her and slap her around...:lol: But if your lady of interest feels that she can run you over repeatedly, because you are trying too hard to be too nice to her to try and impress her, chances are good that in her eyes, you are already as good as road kill.

Ain't shyt honorable about a man with no backbone. It's as simple as that.

I think Nice people finish last alot. It is more than just with the opposite sex. Finish last in corporate America also. It takes a little cut throatness to be King.

I wonder how much the role of maturity plays in all of this. Is it reasonable to believe that when you are in your early or mid-20s that your outlook on sex, relationships and what you want in a mate is different than someone who in late 20s or their 30s?

There is a song that goes "Treat them like they wanna be treated". Self explanatory.............

I think Nice people finish last alot. It is more than just with the opposite sex. Finish last in corporate America also. It takes a little cut throatness to be King.

You just how to know how to balance it Pops. You know when it is time to cut a throat or not and how you do it is key. Then you need to be able to balance how you deal with stuff outside of the work place. Some women you can tell from the jump that they are tough minded and you will need to be a little more firm with them than some. Some are emotional and can't handle that beast mode. Just depends on what type of woman you are attracted to and their personality. Look at the President. You can tell his wife ain't no joke. Hell she is from the South Side of Chicago with an Ivy League degree. So you aint going to deal with no wimp. But she shole aint going to deal with no DUMB mofo because he can act macho.... You can tell she respects Barack. He is perceived to be the nice guy, but I can detect some cut throatness in him when necessary. Sometimes he is a little late to doing it politically but I guess he aint tried to go too black on them mofos sometimes.

Black men sometimes go overboard with some isht and all this I run this thing. Especially when you are young. LOL. Aint no accomplished sister or white girl for that matter gone bow down if she got her isht together and you don't. Simple as that. I see it with both the white boys and brothers. You got to be smooth and decisive without being overbearing and downright uncouth with your approach. Nice guys don't finish last. Wimpy guys who happen to be nice finish last. You can be nice and handle your business as well. Just got to know the time and place to display it. Trust me a woman knows it too. They can tell even under your niceness if you are a wimp or not. The mature ones can that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back