Are You A Gentleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CriTAUcal

Do Good; Good Follows
Who Taught You? Is it something that comes naturally for you, or did you pick up things from the men in you life?

Yesterday, a guy wanted to meet up on HIS side of town (He lives in Lithonia: me in S. Fulton) at 8 p.m. on a SUNDAY? For those who aren't familiar with ATL metro, those two areas are not next door. :lol:

So I'm thinking what kind of man (in his 30s, mind you) would ask a lady to drive on HIS side of town (not even a central location) at 8 o'clock at night for a date on a SUNDAY? Where is the consideration for the lady who will have to drive 40-50 minutes or so back to her side of town at a time that would likely be after 10:30-11 p.m. when she gets back home AND need to get ready for the work week? Needless to say, I STAYED home in front of the TV and did laundry. :lol:

So men, are you a gentleman?

.... Lawd, where are the real men....

Last edited:

Who Taught You? Is it something that comes naturally for you, or did you pick up things from the men in you life?

Yesterday, a guy wanted to meet up on HIS side of town (He lives in Lithonia: me in S. Fulton) at 8 p.m. on a SUNDAY? For those who aren't familiar with ATL metro, those two areas are not next door. :lol:

So I'm thinking what kind of man (in his 30s, mind you) would ask a lady to drive on HIS side of town (not even a central location) at 8 o'clock at night for a date on a SUNDAY? Where is the consideration for the lady who will have to drive 40-50 minutes or so back to her side of town at a time that would likely be after 10:30-11 p.m. when she gets back home AND need to get ready for the work week? Needless to say, I STAYED in front of the TV and did laundry. :lol:

So men, are you a gentlemen?

.... Lawd, where are the real men....

I'm a gentleman (mom-taught) but I've done that. It was after having done stuff on that particular person's side of town in the past and she initiated wanting to do something.

she initiated wanting to do something.

OK, that's different. I didn't initiate.

I might've been open to meeting downtown somewhere. But way across town at 8 p.m. on a Sunday? On a Friday or Saturday, that's fine. But on a Sunday when folks gotta go to work in the morning and the level of comfort hasn't been established yet? No.

Last edited:
I try to be a gentleman. It was something I adapted into my lifestyle, and I try to treat all women (and people in general) with the respect and courtesy I hope to receive.

I believe that most of ya'll who have posted are gentlemen. Cee is the only questionable one. :lol:

Seriously some things just come natural. It is funny that some folks women and men, never really learn to date or enjoy the company of the opposite sex. This is why I never understand sistas, they have it confused when it comes to dating. Most men that don't have a relationship with his sistas, momma, grandma, aunts or some type of guardian in his life, will never learn how to truly treat a woman. In other words, monkey see, monkey does. :idea: If you never see the women close to you treated like a woman or act like a woman, you will treat a woman or want a woman with respect.

I believe that most of ya'll who have posted are gentlemen. Cee is the only questionable one. :lol:

A bay, you can never be a true mack without being a gentleman. Women are smart, they know when you are for real or acting. :pimp: Some of these cats who read this board hate me because I say and do what they will never have the balls to do.

No, I'm not.

I can be courteous. Open doors and such. But, I'm not one of these men who believes in catering to women and putting them on a pedestal.

What Cee is saying is true. The pimps i know are the biggest gentlemen even to the ugly women lol

But ole Boom's a gentleman. My granny/Momma wouldnt have it any other way. But dont get on my bad side tho, ill slam the door in yo face if i see you have smacked yo teeth or rolled yo eyes.

So if your woman spoils and caters to you, you don't reciprocate?

That's different. I take care of my woman. I take care of my family members. I am most kind, gentle and gracious to them.

But, to random broads, no way. I won't necessarily mistreat a woman I don't know, but I'm not going out of my way to cater to them either.

That's different. I take care of my woman. I take care of my family members. I am most kind, gentle and gracious to them.

But, to random broads, no way. I won't necessarily mistreat a woman I don't know, but I'm not going out of my way to cater to them either.

:smh:

That's something you don't see a lot.

I lay down my jacket over a puddle of water near a curb to allow the ladies to walk across without getting their shoes wet. Then I help old ladies cross the street. Gert can't always make it by herself before the light turns green. LOL

But seriously, I hold open door for ladies and pull out chairs and do all that chivalry stuff that 20th century men did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back